HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2006, 04:00 PM
Joined Jun 2006
178 Posts
Discussion
'twister 3d' or 'twister cp v2'?

Hi,
I am after another heli. I have owned/flown several fp helis and can hover safely but I want to upgrade.Which would be the easiest next heli the twister cp v2 or the twister 3d? Am I right in assuming the larger twister 3d would be more stable even though it is 3d? Are the instructions for the 3d good enough for someone who has never setup a cp heli to be succesful? thanks
franky31 is offline Find More Posts by franky31
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2006, 08:07 PM
snɹɹıɔoʇl∀
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Dec 2005
397 Posts
Hi franky, I have a Twister 3D and love it. If you can comfortably fly your FP helis, this will be a doddle. Even though it has almost hands off stability when set up well, it is still very responsive and capable- it will give you plenty of growing room.

if you're trying to choose between the two, ask yourself where you want to fly. CP will be a little more comfortable indoors, 3D will want a bit more space indoors and cope better outdoors (i've flown mine in 15mph winds!).

On the instructions- I thought they were very poor. Assumes you know how to set up CCPM, which I didn't. I found a combination of these forums and my Tx manual to be successful. If you have a local model shop i'm sure you could get some pointers there too.

If the two, I'd recommend the T3D, but don't forget to check out others. Apparrently there's one called the t-rex but I don't know whether it's any good
Altocirrus is offline Find More Posts by Altocirrus
Old Dec 02, 2006, 03:53 AM
0 Carbon fp? don't breed!
www.dhrc.rchomepage.com Gloucester/Cheltenham Gloucester, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
2,161 Posts
I found some maiden flight video of the larger Twister 3D.
DarkHorse is offline Find More Posts by DarkHorse
Old Dec 09, 2006, 04:08 PM
London UK
Joined Nov 2006
9 Posts
Franky31

I am new to CCPM as well but brought the 3D twister as a starting point. A really good place for reference material is Heli Freaks .com look for as many of the videos by Bob White as you can find they are excellent for beginners I have learnt heaps from them.

For everything the videos do not cover these forums will

My 3D Twister is one crystal away from being complete, can't wait

Regards Duncan
DuncG is offline Find More Posts by DuncG