HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:42 PM
USA, OH, Lodi
Joined Nov 2005
182 Posts
Question
Help! Why don't all my servos work?

I'm new to electric stuff and have set up many a glow plane's electronics but this has me stumped....

I bought all new stuff, 30a ESC, foamy motor, micro servos, Corona 4 ch rx. Plugged the ESC motor plug in ch 3 and the motor works fine. Plugged the servos in the remaining 3 positions and only one of the terminals work a servo; tx controls aileron only. The other two won't control a servo at all but all the servos will work in the aileron positition. This has to be something easy that I can't comprehend. Any suggestions for me?
expo is offline Find More Posts by expo
Last edited by expo; Nov 30, 2006 at 07:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:34 PM
I havent decided yet
Indiana
Joined Jun 2006
2,120 Posts
try not hooking up the esc and use a seperate rx pack in the throttle channel
dmiller746 is offline Find More Posts by dmiller746
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:35 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Start by eliminating possible causes. You said all the (same?) servos work in CH1 (aileron), but not in CH2 and Ch4, right. So, it's not bad servos, and I'll assume you had the servos plugged in the correct way on the other channels (I HAD to ask... done it many times myself in spite of paying attention when I plug them in!)

Next I'd swap in a different RX... if all the channels work, it's NOT a TX problem and likely IS an RX problem.

If you get similar results with a different RX, I'd start checking the TX.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 30, 2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 09:25 PM
USA, OH, Lodi
Joined Nov 2005
182 Posts
I tried using another battery pack---same thing---tried tx on another plane--worked fine--Tom, you were right on; the servo plugs were plugged in backwards in 2 & 4.

I assumed they should all go in the same way like my other rxs. I had to stagger them in their slots. (like the diagram on the rx showed) Thanks for the helpful responses. They saved me a restless night. Expo
Old Nov 30, 2006, 09:52 PM
USA, OH, Lodi
Joined Nov 2005
182 Posts
^^^
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:26 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by expo
I tried using another battery pack---same thing---tried tx on another plane--worked fine--Tom, you were right on; the servo plugs were plugged in backwards in 2 & 4.

I assumed they should all go in the same way like my other rxs. I had to stagger them in their slots. (like the diagram on the rx showed) Thanks for the helpful responses. They saved me a restless night. Expo
Woohoo! It was as simple as that? Glad it's resolved... have a great flight!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank