HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2006, 09:09 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,553 Posts
Discussion
Clearview models

Does anyone know where I can find other models made for clearview? I've got most of the ones from the site attached to Clearviews website and wanted to know if there were more on any other sites. I appreciate any help.
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2006, 01:12 PM
Petagas, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Joined Sep 2003
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew954
Does anyone know where I can find other models made for clearview? I've got most of the ones from the site attached to Clearviews website and wanted to know if there were more on any other sites. I appreciate any help.
You may try my site at kkhobby.tripod.com
othmanskn is offline Find More Posts by othmanskn
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:45 PM
Joined Jan 2007
28 Posts
I could not find anything there?
Michael Smit is offline Find More Posts by Michael Smit
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:05 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,553 Posts
Same here.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:28 PM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
It's HERE near the bottom of the page

Kim
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:08 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,553 Posts
Ah, I see says the blind man, lol. SU-27 nice! Now if only my brother will go back to college tommorrow sooner so I can reconnect my pc with clearview on it lol.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:58 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,143 Posts
Here is a video of my new Yak 54 in action. - the Yak is in v. 4.64 (just released). Another new model added is Honey Bee fixed pitch heli.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Last edited by skirtz; Jan 14, 2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 02:45 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,553 Posts
Nice hovers! Now if only I can get good enough to fly like that, even on the sims. The only real aerobatics that I got enough gaul to pull off is your average loop and roll. But still nice hovers, and the plane is cool too.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,143 Posts
Thanks! I am a little rusty. I like the way it hovers in CV. It is about the same like my real planes, so it does not inspire undeserved confidence.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:19 PM
USA, CT, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2004
2,600 Posts
Hey Stefan, I like the new Yak! It flies great, does some really weird stuff when I try a flat spin. I'd love to show you the recording I did but I don't know how to export it to a video file.

EB
Sleedo is offline Find More Posts by Sleedo
Old Jan 15, 2007, 05:54 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleedo
Hey Stefan, I like the new Yak! It flies great, does some really weird stuff when I try a flat spin. I'd love to show you the recording I did but I don't know how to export it to a video file.

EB
You can record the flight in ClearView and then send me the record file (it will be in the records folder). To get into flat spin, you need to be nose up with no or little vertical speed and then apply some throttle and full rudder, it will start folling in flat spin.

Thanks,
Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:30 AM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
HB FP and CP2?

Hi Stefan,

would it be possible to modify the Blade CPPro to use the HB FP canopy?

It's much easier to see against the background and gives a clue as to orientation (nose in it's all white and tail in it's darker due to the frame, servos etc.) and we'd then have a HB CP2 (more or less)

BTW, IMHO the new HB FP flies really well and the "always close" view is just right, it's a much better idea than a model following view, thanks

Kim
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:56 PM
Joined Sep 2006
69 Posts
Quote:
the "always close" view is just right, it's a much better idea than a model following view
I am a simulator newbie and was wondering what is the difference between those two views.

I guess when I saw "Always Close" I was thinking of something that would be like following the model around.

Stefan has assured me that the "Always Close" option is working correctly so I am pretty sure the problem is with my perception and understanding.

Thanks.

Dale.
xlh1460 is offline Find More Posts by xlh1460
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:27 PM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
Quote:
I am a simulator newbie and was wondering what is the difference between those two views.

I guess when I saw "Always Close" I was thinking of something that would be like following the model around.
For instance, in FMS you can make the camera "fly" always behind the model.

Can be useful if you're a complete newbie to the transmitter sticks, it's a bit like following the cars in GranTurismo or whatever, you see the result of your input right in front of you and the orientation is always correct. Thus you get a feel for what each stick does and it's effect on the aircraft.

ClearView's "Always Close" keeps the viewer in the same spot, as you would be when flying a model, but zooms in quite close so that it's harder to lose orientation but still trains your stick fingers "muscle memory" when the model is "nose" or "side in".

(I personally think that your brain plays a perception trick when you're concentrating on flying a model and "zooms in" on the model so that the perspective is similar to the "Always Close" view - no doubt others may disagree )

Kim
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
Joined Sep 2006
69 Posts
Quote:
zooms in quite close
I am flying a BCX in the Gym and it doesn't seem to keep it zoomed in.

I fly the heli away from me towards a wall and it just gets smaller and smaller.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not put with the keyboard zoom in/out and the model custom settings I surely have enough options.

Now to quit obsessing over the software and get on with the practice.
xlh1460 is offline Find More Posts by xlh1460