HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2006, 01:10 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
Discussion
Blade CX2 at LHS today

Hi,.

Got a CX2 today at the local hobby shop. Can't wait to try. They're out there now.

Mike L
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2006, 01:17 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Good for you! We'll expect a full report/review ASAP!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:40 PM
Zip 08857
Joined Jun 2005
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05
Good for you! We'll expect a full report/review ASAP!
Here's a link to a review by tburley:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&page=10&pp=15
JookSing is offline Find More Posts by JookSing
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:45 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Looks like this...
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:48 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Sep 2003
140 Posts
kewl, like to hear other comments as well
tburley is offline Find More Posts by tburley
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2005
914 Posts
Post pictures please
4RCHELICOPTERSPA is offline Find More Posts by 4RCHELICOPTERSPA
Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Most importantly, the AR6000 receiver will NOT bind to the CX-2 LP5DSM transmitter.
Drat!
Too windy outside to fly it, but inside it's good, as expected.
The 5th channel knob might be useable for someone with 3 thumbs.
The 4-in-1 receiver may be useable with the LP5DSM transmitter in other planes.
The provided charger will do the 3 cell Lipo for the CP also.
First thing to get is probably the aluminum inner shaft/flybar, then the aluminum lower rotor control head.
And a basket full of blades, of course.
And the innards..
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sparky Paul; Nov 28, 2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 04:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Yes, it is true that the AR6000 Rx will NOT bind.
The LP5DSM does NOT have a DSM(1) compatibility mode like the DX7 does. It is DSM2 only.

The soon to be released (and smaller and lighter) AR6100 will bind to the LP5DSM, so separate Rx's will be available.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6100

(Remember, the LP5DSM is quite low power, so range will be less than say, a DX6 system. As I have said, think of an order of magnitude of 350 feet plus or minus.)

(The CX2 will bind to a DX7)

The fifth channel is just a 'bonus' we through in for experimenters... someone who might want to add lights, or perhaps a hook/drop device, or for someone who wanted to use it in something like a small/light/close in indoor plane for flaps, or something similar... Just a bonus feature.

THe CX2 rocks! We have a blast with them.

Regards,
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2006, 04:51 PM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Just picked mine up at noon today from my LHS.
Battery is charging as I type. I intend to put it to the test by flying straight out of the box to see if indeed the tail drift issue is less than that of my CX before I did the ventilation mods on it. Cool antenna..........a little over an inch protruding out the top as well as another inch or so out the bottom of the 4in1. Nice looking Tx also, but that racheting of the throttle throw (like the CX Tx) will have to be attended to after I test this baby out!
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:04 PM
USA, WV, Charles Town
Joined Mar 2005
631 Posts
I got an email this afternoon. Mine just shipped from myrcsupply. Can't wait
aeronuts is offline Find More Posts by aeronuts
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:43 PM
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Got a question, but first, GOOD NEWS! Flew a full 11 minute pack and absolutely NO glitching/hiccuping the entire time! A minor rudder trim on the Tx was all that was required to steady a slight tail drift (I'll fine tune the proportional pot later). Now back to my question. The bind-mode orange light comes on when I arm the 4in1 and stays lit the entire flight time. Can't find info on this in the manual. Is this normal?
Oh, and impression as of this first flight, I don't think canopy and/or 4in1 case needs ventilating.
Anywhoooo.......first impression so far is this thing rocks, as in rock solid hover near into or out of ground effect!
Last edited by CCbusa05; Nov 28, 2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:48 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
I flew a couple of batteries through mine today. It was great. Rock solid as stated. TOo much gyro gain out of the box, I thought. I let it get too high and the wind took me over to my neighbor's roof.

Upper rotor head repair needed. I'll CA it now and see if it holds until the new part arrives.

The elevator response for forward flight seemed for be lacking. Check your trims.
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
Old Nov 28, 2006, 06:04 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
When the Rx light is SOLID, it means you have a LINK with the Tx and are recieving data... Turn the Tx off... no light, no link! (If you put the bind plug in and cycle power, the light will BLINK meaning 'bind mode'.)

Have Fun,
David
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 28, 2006, 08:32 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,371 Posts
Blade CX-2 inside.

My Blade CX-2 flying around inside..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...55#post6464909
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:13 AM
Joined Nov 2006
24 Posts
Im in sweet with my LHS and they let me take the store demo home to set up. Im not heli expert but Im the only dude that helps them out that wont fly it into the wall. Anyway. Got it home, charged it, flew it...HOLY mother of...

Stable...stable stable...needed to adjust the yaw trim, but it wasnt bad. I did notice after a long flight the tail started to drift. I wonder if the 4in1 still suffers from overheat drift issues.

Solid performance though. After 10 minutes of tinkering it was maintaining a perfect hover. I mean perfect hover. I had a OGcx for a few days and I guess I got a bunk one.

I do agrees the gyro gain is a little high, as it almost violently locks tail center. That is easy enough to adjust though.

What does the bind plug do? Im still a noob to helis, so if thats a dumb question lmk.

Also does anyone actually make a trainer cable for this controller? It has a plug. I dont remember the cx having one.
bnwhtlw is offline Find More Posts by bnwhtlw