9,223 Posts
Very slick, I like it!
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:55 PM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2001
802 Posts
I got it maidened finally. Although the wind at the slope is not at its best on the day, as the end of the season is near, I decided to go ahead anyway. After tossing it into the air, the first thing I noticed is that it wanted to dive the moment I release the pressure on the elevator stick. Sign of wrong incidence. I had to dial up maximum 'up' trim to keep it level.

After that, I flew it for quite a while to explore its flying charateristics, which I find it very pleasant. It grooves very well and can maintain the speed for significantly longer than most of my slope gliders before it starts to decay. I was doing consecutive loops and my favourite high speed passes. Very exciting to do so but must keep a safety distance between the plane and the pilot. As I'm getting only about 10 knots of wind, the lift produced was not sufficient to allow it to hold inverted, especially with the RG15 airfoil. Rolls are very crisp and still responsive even at low speeds due to the large control surfaces. This plane can even be flown at very low speed before stall occurs. I did not encounter any tip stall so far.

Overall, I love this plane. At 36oz, it's a little overweight to perform all out stunts in this condition but that's because I had missed the peak of the monsoon. The RG 15 airfoil although will not hold inverted well, it can carry the weight and still flies fast and aerobatic. The energy retention is superb and controls are responsive. I'll keep it and build more for the upcoming Southwest monsoon season. I'm sure I'll get more fun in the upcoming seasons.
Joe Yap is offline Find More Posts by Joe Yap