SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Question
Where to buy replacement brushes for MPI motors?

I'm not at all knowledgeable when it comes to brushed motors, all my planes have brushless motors. But I've got an ornithopter that has a MPI Promax 370 brushed motor (PMX 3726) and due to a timing error the brushes wore down prematurely. I've retimed the motor, but now need new brushes for it. One of the features of the motor is it has external brushes that are touted as being easily replaceable, but I cannot seem to find replacement brushes. Does anyone know if replacement brushes for these motors are fairly standard, or do they have to be motor specific? IE, if I can locate brushes that are the same size by a different manufacturer will they work OK?

I would consider switching it to brushless except that would require messing with the gears and pinions, and parts for these ornis are very tough to come by.

Many thanks for any insight!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
to remove ads between posts