SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:45 AM
Joined Nov 2006
3 Posts
Help!
Problems with the Synthesized JR

I installed a JR synthesized RX in my Cap and started flying it last week. The 7 channel Spcm Rx is a very nice unit with a 20 plane memory and full mixing. However from the first flight I have had some anomolies. It would once or twice during a flight just go nuts, in the elevater/aileron channels. I checked all connections and even swapped out the battery with no change. I tried different channels as well. It is not a repeatable fault. I can not re-produce it on the bench and have no idea what to do. It resulted in a catastrophic crash on landing when the plane snapped inverted and nosed in from about 40 feet above the runway. I am now out a beautiful flying plane that only had 15 flights in it.

Can anyone offer advice.

I did try to use the search funtion as i am new here and did not want my first post to be some "Help me I am entitled" type of hello
sp2pilot is offline Find More Posts by sp2pilot
Last edited by sp2pilot; Nov 27, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2006, 09:22 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
Had you flown this plane with a different receiver?

What transmitter are you using? You mention 20 model memories but receivers don't have model memories so I presume you are talking about the transmitter. With 20 memories, is it the JR 7202?

Did this problem only occur once?

What else can you tell us.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Dec 23, 2006, 05:33 PM
United States
Joined Dec 2005
609 Posts
Sp2,
People here will help you, dont worry about it!

A new user might even get more help
Dennis157 is offline Find More Posts by Dennis157
Old Dec 23, 2006, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
maybe

I bought a JR 6102 and it came with a 700 FM reciever. I bought an additional reciever, the 790 which is SPCM modulation. I put it in a second plane and programmed (scanned in) my radio to use it. It took about 5 minutes for the controls to go completly wacko and then finally it didn't work at all. It was alternating between fail safe mode and regular. In other words, the signal was intermittent from the Rx. It would go into fail safe and then out and back and forth until finally it worked no more. I sent it back to JR and they said the RF output board had failed and they replaced it. This could possibly be what is happening to you? Who knows but that was my experience.
I asked the tech if this was an ongoing problem and he told me it wasn't but I was a little unhappy because I had only owed it 2 days when I had to send it off for repairs.
Good luck
Jimmy
jimmys2 is offline Find More Posts by jimmys2