SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2006, 04:22 PM
Joined Jun 2006
178 Posts
Discussion
twister cp v2 or twister 3d?

Hi everyone I still can't decide which heli to go for. I have heard that the cp version of the twister is more stable to fly than the fp and the twister 3d seems alot more heli for my money and due to its size might be better outside so has anyone flown both of these helis, which is most stable? thanks
franky31 is offline Find More Posts by franky31
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:09 PM
London,England UK.
Joined Jul 2004
164 Posts
Twister FP is fun indoors and super tough-I fly mine outdoors regularly with both nimh and lipo packs(only use 2s as the controller is'nt geared up for 11.1v(3s)-bounce's very well and is super tough.

Twister CP is good as well but I find it very touchy,especially on cyclic controls and its not as durable as FP model- I also own the Honeybee CP2 which is basically the same-this is a much better machine, does sport aero's really well and I can fly inverted(for a few seconds )with the standard brushed motor and Flightpower 20C 3S- will not require much work to make it full 3d..

Twister 3D is a much bigger machine-same size as my Shogun 400-uses gear drive for tail and is CCPM-very easy to set up and can be bought as semi package:b/less motor and servo's fitted or brushed motor only... Have to say it's not the best for the money(got rid of mine on ebay!)- could'nt quite get it to fly 100% right- replaced with Shogun 400 which is a much better heli-uses standard 4 servo setup-belt drive for the tail and much better in FFF- also 3d's very nicely... Just do a search on the forums and ultimately,the final choice is up to you..
lipolenny is offline Find More Posts by lipolenny
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:15 PM
0 Carbon fp? don't breed!
www.dhrc.rchomepage.com Gloucester/Cheltenham Gloucester, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Oct 2004
2,161 Posts
I'd say, if you can hover get the Twister V2 CP, otherwise the Twister FP.
The CP is more stable and capable (and comes with lithium packs) but that's only any good if you can fly in the first place.

The Twister 3D is a larger 'mini' heli, so not for hovering in your living room. More stable of the 3 heli's mentioned. Costs every crash. What deal you looking at, this one? Requires batts, computer Tx. Not a first heli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franky31
hi, I have owned several small helis in the past, an eco 8, an ms hornet, a twister,a picolo and have given up with all of them as I havn't got time for repairs and still can't fly.I have a twin rotor blade runner which is obviously easy to fly but has no forward speed. Surely by now there must be a 4 ch indoor heli which is really easy to fly. thanks

I have flown fixed wing for many years and this is my down fall when it comes to helis. I buy helis and sell them because fixed wing is so natural and easy to me and I can always go home without repairs required. I remember when I learnt flying that I had to repair lots of planes but at the time I did not have 2 young children to entertain 24/7.
I can understand the buzz from flying helis and got to the point of hovering 6" high and landing without too many probs,but proggression was limited by the space I flew in.
If I was to try one more time with a different heli which heli is most reliable/stable and rtf straight out of the box
DarkHorse is offline Find More Posts by DarkHorse