HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:56 AM
Southern Ohio, USA
Joined Apr 2006
473 Posts
Alert
New Trex Se Swash Plate Problems

I've done a lot of reading on the problems that Align has had with previous swash plates, but have not found any topics or posts that address my specific problem.

I just purchased a new Trex se 450 that has the new swash with the Align logo on it. While assymbling the heli the swash came apart. Luckily it was during assymbly! To make a long story short, there's a cap (on top of the ball) that threads to a lower piece that tightens around the ball. If I thread the cap down to where it is tight or snug, the elevator and aleron cyclic movements are too restrictive around the ball. (Not free moving like it should be). Collective is fine because the ball just slides on the main shaft....If I loosen the cap till the elevator and aileron are free moving, then I feel the cap is too loose (on the threads) and will separate during flight.

I've checked the threads at Runryder and checked Trextuning and can not come up with anything like this on the new swash's. Just how to fix the old style. Any help on this would be appreciated. Maybe I just got a bad swash?

TooBizzy
TooBizzy is offline Find More Posts by TooBizzy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:07 PM
NYC's Finest
new york city
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
dammm... u very unlucky its a v2 and you having that problem. its weird as the newer swashplates come with the align logo and are supposed to be fixed from falling appart i think fixing it yourself will only cause worries during flight and you dont want that- or it will have some limits like you said, so i recomend you go were you bought it from and telkll them about the problem and they must replace that part as its critical to fly!!! if they wont tell them then i will return the whole heli as i suspect more parts have errors on them and trust me they will replace that swash plate..

it might help
http://runryder.com/helicopter/t215186p1/
drtmind01 is offline Find More Posts by drtmind01
Last edited by drtmind01; Nov 26, 2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:02 PM
Southern Ohio, USA
Joined Apr 2006
473 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Since I couldn't find any other posts about this same problem with the new swash plate, maybe its just an isolated case. I already checked the thread you mentioned from Runryder and it deals with older swashes. I will try to return the part to my LHS where I got it and see if they will help me out. If they won't replace it, they can have the whole kit back! The Dragonus 2 and SJM 400's are looking really good! I want them all!

TooBizzy
TooBizzy is offline Find More Posts by TooBizzy
Old Nov 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
NYC's Finest
new york city
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
kool, im on a very tight budget so im trying to get a lipo charger the fma one and the tp 2070 battery i will save up to buy those, hey im saving up for essentials while you buying more helis lol.
drtmind01 is offline Find More Posts by drtmind01
Old Nov 26, 2006, 08:27 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Of course there are always defective parts occasionally.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone