HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2002, 02:13 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
summer 2002, the summer i lerned to fly

Almost 3 years ago, I got my very first RC airplane, a multiplex teddy, witch, I had no successes. I didnít bother to get an instructor, and just decided to try and learn by myself. Had no luck at all, no matter how much I though I new how to fly, it never worked. I got lots of books from the library, but still, I never managed to get the thing in the air. After getting very frustrated, I happened to find the e-zone. And it helped a lot. After a very very crumpled start, I almost gave up, but I got lots of help for the e-zone, and convinced me to keep going. On April 18íTh (my birthday) I got a firebird XL. I will never forget my very first successful flight. After we got to the park, I did my preflight, and did a range check. With all excuses gone, I fire here up, and tossed her into the wind. I will forever remember that flight, after that, I was hooked. Now I know what a 15 minute flight is like! After that, 2 weeks before summer, I got my first of two Pico stick FD's in one weekend, I had mastered 3 channel controls. I had a real blast with the GWS slow flyers. On Sunday, it will be the 2 week mark of my very first ezette flight. Unlike my other planes, I had an expericed pilot take her up on the very first fight. On the second flight, he handed the sticks over to me. That night, I looked back, in February; I decide to try the teddy agene. And still had no luck. Now, here I am, at the end of summer, I can fly! This summer, I made a promise to my self, this summer, I would learn to fly, just go's to show you, if you put you mind to it, you can accomplish anything!

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Last edited by Thomas Manson; Sep 06, 2002 at 02:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2002, 05:19 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Aaahhh the thrill of flight. Congratulations.

David
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Sep 06, 2002, 05:29 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2002
3,878 Posts
Thanks

Thomas,

That is a great story. Thanks for telling it to us. Keep up the good work and "go get um!!"

Roger
Rogerdoger is offline Find More Posts by Rogerdoger
Old Sep 06, 2002, 05:32 PM
End User
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined May 2002
2,841 Posts
Way to go man!
cathode is offline Find More Posts by cathode
Old Sep 06, 2002, 05:33 PM
Dallas Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2002
111 Posts
HOORAY!

Congratulations Thomas! Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. ATTA BOY!!!
RC Pete is offline Find More Posts by RC Pete
Old Sep 06, 2002, 06:04 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
This summer you tackle flying, next summer....grammar and spelling!! Just kidding, congrats on your success!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Sep 06, 2002, 06:06 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
just got back for another flight, this time, in 20k winds! . but the ezette is a very good windy day plane. fun fun! FUN.

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Old Sep 06, 2002, 06:17 PM
A Clinger
Butte, MT
Joined Sep 2001
7,075 Posts
. Been there. Congrads!!! I know how you feel . I think we all do!
rclark is offline Find More Posts by rclark
Old Sep 06, 2002, 06:50 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,603 Posts
Flyman

Mega-congratulations. I'm envious, you've got about a 40 year head start on me. Wish we had had this stuff when I was a kid.

Keep on Truckin'.

Chuck
Chuck is online now Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Sep 07, 2002, 01:12 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2001
655 Posts
OK thomas, now you just need to get your MAAC wings! A challenge for next year I presume. After that, start exploring textbook manuvres (ie, procedure turn, missed approach, split-s, etc. )
knight of Ni is offline Find More Posts by knight of Ni
Old Sep 07, 2002, 01:15 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Great story, Thomas! Keep it up!

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Sep 10, 2002, 10:53 PM
Winter Sucks!!
United States, WI, New Berlin
Joined Aug 2002
751 Posts
Say Thomas...the Teddy part of your story caught my eye since I was thinking about geting one. Did you ever find out what the problem was and get it to fly?
romans1015 is offline Find More Posts by romans1015