SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by FlyDLG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 05:24 AM
Thermal Seeker
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2005
176 Posts
Rant
2007 DLG Season

Just thinking about the stuff I got planned for next year and setting the prioroties straight.

My DLG season for next year is looking Grim..
I'm going full throttle with school now and really haven't touched Indoor Freeflight nor DLG since the Fall semester started.
Not to mention the last time my hands were on an airplane they were putting my Indoor Hand Launch Stick away in it's Big Black Coffin.

The US F1D Team selection will be held sometime next summer, I would like to try out which means building three new F1D Models. My first and only model won't cut it at the weight it's at now; it will probably be used for its wing and stab as spare parts.
I hope the Finals won't interfere with the summer class I plan on taking; I really hope it doesn't.
I also need to rebuild my HLS and try out for the World Record again at Lakehurst.

I plan on keeping my XP4 (I was thinking about selling it on here) The wing is pretty beat up but it still flies nicely and it's still about 10oz. I have an XP4.5 wing for it that I planned on putting an RDS with D60s in it. I figured it would take me less time to get the XP4.5 wing set up for the current model to get it in the air quicker than one of the Taboo's...

I have two Taboo GT's sitting under my bed, one of them has been down there for a little over a year now. I planned on putting D47s all around in one of them with a 250mAh pack aiming for 8.1oz, the other one was going to have RDS in the wing with D60s and a full flying stab along with a 370mAh pack in it for a weight of around 8.7oz.

If I do have the time I would love to attend the BASS Contest in Baltimore; this was my first Contest this year and a first visit to Baltimore. I really enjoyed the flying field and downtown. Also would love to attend the Polecat Challenge for 3days and putting up a tent on the field for one night.

So in the end it looks like my winter break, along with spring break, and the little time in May between Final Exams and USIC will be spent on Indoor Freeflight models. But I do hope to fit DLG in there somewhere.

Just thought I'd let you know

Max
FlyDLG is offline Find More Posts by FlyDLG
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:59 AM
Thermal Seeker
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2005
176 Posts
Winter

Ehh..

Nothing got done over the Winter Break. None of the Indoor Free Flight stuff I planned for got started. I went down to Atlanta for about a week and flew my XP4 with Chris (doctorgonzo), it was loads of fun even though we only flew for a few hours..

I hope I can get into some Indoor work in the coming weeks. The Spring School semester just started and it is too damn cold to fly any DLG here.

Max
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
Thermal Seeker
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2005
176 Posts
Well I've been flying my XP4 over the weekends when the weather is decent, it's 10.65oz. I replaced its old and warped stab with a new (XP4.5) one but it doesn't look right next to the beat up rudder. I'm thinking of replacing the rudder with a new XP4.5 one and adding my XP4.5 wing to the package. A new wing and tail should bring the AUW down to 9.9oz.
Having some issues with the range, might be my .005" antenna..

Max