Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 24, 2006, 01:28 AM
Karaoke Pro, RC Noob
Joined Apr 2005
317 Posts
Discussion
Fun replacement wing for the GWS slow stik!

Slow stik too slow?
GWS wing just not durable enough for ya?
Hate the wing flapping when you go into a dive?

I've found a fun, bolt on, readily available wing, best of all it's made from durable EPP.

The J3 Cub wing from Parkzone
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ1120

My buddy and I have been using this wing on our slowstiks for the last week or so and it's been a blast. It'll take your slowstik from a put around the park at 10mph snail to a 40+mph hotlining monster.

Not only will it make your slowstick go faster, but because the wing is so durable you can do really large graceful loops with no wing bowing or flexing. Go into a huge dive, krank out at the last minute, this wing will not flutter or flap.
toqer is offline Find More Posts by toqer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2006, 04:54 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
You just found the greatest part of the GWS Slow Stick. The ability to remove the wing and put on anything else that might fit. Then just slide the wing forward and back to CG it. I have used the SS platform for many a test vehicle. Some good, some not so good.
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?