HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mrm1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 08:19 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Careful!
I am Spending too much Money

I am just sitting here tonight taking stock of life, and stuff, and my RC collection.

As some of you know, I had a heart attack 14 days ago (Nov 7th). I guess I am OK, but stuff like this make you look around. It has been hard for me to get back into RCG. But I have been reading some.

I got to go out and fly today. A little to windy for my tastes, and I was flying in a friends back yard ... too tight. Flew the Mini Ultra Stick.

My recovery is going as good or better than expected. I am back to about 70-80% I do not expect any complications from the heart attack except a life of certain meds, and daily exercise. Not really a bad thing.

As I sit here, this is just about my 2 year anniversery of RC flight. I started in mid Oct with a Hobbico Super Star EP. I did lots of web research and ended up going electric instead of fuel and thought I was just going to buy a plane I could putt around a field or a large backyard with.

Boy was I wrong about how addictive it is. Two years later I have had several planes ... And I have never totalled any of them. I either still have them or sold them.

Here is a list of what I have gone thru:

- Super Star EP
- Fun World EP
- Sky Raider Mach I
- Sky Raider Mack II
- Super Sportster EP
- SA Cap 232 .40e
- U Can Do foamy
- Soar Star (wingo copy)
- PAC .25 Tiger Moth
- EP Sailor 2 meter glider
- Wild Fly Flat Foamy (that was a gift)
- Mini Ultra Stick
- Eflight J-3 Cub
- A 2nd U Can Do
- PiccoZ Mini Heli

And still in the box
- A GWS foam P-51
- Walkera F-16 EPP Ducted Fan

Any 9 of these planes is fully fitted and ready to fly at any given time.

Man, too much money. I may be a junkie
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Last edited by mrm1; Nov 23, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:15 PM
lower Michigan-utica
Joined Dec 2005
286 Posts
re: nice to meet you

see my blog I am new to this blog stuff- . I can relate to your experience. You now belong to the 'Survivers Club'. Hope you can go back to work. I'm done. Darnit !! Oh well, when I get depressed, I get busy.
I am 57- 2 years ago, I was 7 days from my last day of work, then start a new career. I got enough to play computer, and things that don't involve too much recall.
Drop me a dime if you need some one to talk to. After all, we speak the same language- airplanes!!
Best Regards;

"widgeteer"
widgeteer is offline Find More Posts by widgeteer
Last edited by widgeteer; Nov 23, 2006 at 11:11 PM. Reason: meet the new guy
Old Dec 01, 2006, 10:10 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Thanks Widgeteer. I had a very good last few days and my health has come back in a major way. Good report for the Dr. does not hurt either.

Mike
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1