HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2006, 07:53 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
Discussion
Seeking information on older ASW-24 4.28 meter 1:3.5 scale

This would probably be easier if I could post pictures, but I am having some computer issues that prevent doing so.

I recently acquired a 12-16 (estimated) year old ASW-24 kit. 4.28 meter span at 1/3.5 scale Curious about who made it in Germany.... No real clues in the box or plans.

White glass fuse, obichi sheeted wings and tail. Scale ASW metal blade spoilers installed, but the aileron hinge line area is left routed out and still needs the wood installed. Fuse has tail wheel pre installed, but no retract or main gear info.

I got it for a song, but will have to gen up my own canopy as said part has gone missing. I thought I might be able to get some other 1/3.5 meter ASW-24 canopy, perhaps, and adapt it. Obviously will need to survey the wing sheeting to make sure the adhesive is still holding hands to the needed degree.

Anyone have any ideas?

Surveying the kit some more: The core beds are taped up with packing tape that says "Hobby Merchandiser" on it. That rings some faint bell in the back of my mind. Wing skins are defintely attached with epoxy and some glass under the obechi. Very strong and no delams.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Nov 23, 2006 at 09:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts