HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2002, 03:54 PM
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Jul 2002
524 Posts
New JR receiver sent in for repair 12+ BD turnaround.

I sent my JR reciver in for repair, it died mysteriously on the workbench during control surface adjustments. Called today and they have a 12+business day turnaround. looks like it actually takes nearly a month to have a JR part repaired. I was told its averaging 12+ business days just to get to a product. DOH! Had I know of these issues I may have looked at another brand.

Well it works well when it worked.
sa-10 is offline Find More Posts by sa-10
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2002, 08:55 PM
Joined Jul 2002
524 Posts
Update, JR way behind on repairs, Customers suffer! Seems they could care less!

Letter I recieved today in the email. Bad enough that the product is less than 30 days old, and has been sitting there for the past 18 days. Eighteen days before they even sent this email. Now it appears that I will have to wait an additional 5 - 7 days before they even look at the reciever. I wonder how long it takes after that they decide what to do with it, or with their customers. They are projecting 25 days before they look at it from the point they received it,

IS THIS THE WAY ONE SHOULD TREAT LOYAL CUSTOMERS? It only took them 5 days to respond to my email inquiry.

I guarantee I will think twice before purchasing another JR product and I want everyone to know what to expect when they want JR to honor its warantee repair.

sa-10,

Your repair has been checked in and is in line awaiting repair. I would estimate it will be looked at in 5-7 days. I hope we have answered all of your questions. If you have any further problems, feel free to call us here at Horizon at 877-504-0233.

Thank you,
Horizon Product Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 6:01 PM
To: product support
Subject: Requsting status of warantee repair

Good Morning,

I am inquiring about the status of a warantee repair that I had sent in two
weeks ago. Its a micro 6channel reciever and 2 micro servos by JR. Would
you please send me status?

My phone number

My address:

Thanks,

__________________________________________________ _______________
Old Sep 13, 2002, 08:40 PM
Florida
Joined Sep 2002
18 Posts
They only have one Techy - all the rest of them went to work for "DELL DUDE"
AirDog is offline Find More Posts by AirDog
Old Sep 19, 2002, 11:46 AM
Joined Jul 2002
524 Posts
Who knows? anyone?

Man walks into the service center

"Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?"
Old Sep 19, 2002, 01:16 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
SA-10,
Can anyone tell me? Anyone-anyone??
I've sent in items to Horizon, Airtronics, Hitec, and GWS. Most of them have been a two to three week turnaround time. Hitec was the fastest and flexable but all of them did the work at little or no cost.
Hate to hear of your frustrations!!
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Sep 20, 2002, 12:32 AM
Santa Rosa, CA
Joined Aug 2002
393 Posts
JR

I've sent multiple receivers and servos to JR for repair.
Some dead out of the box, some that I could serve prison time for in most states for killing them in cold blood. There are soo soo many ways to kill such an innocent piece of electronic gear!!!

Jr has been great!! Yeah, it sometimes takes some time, but usually at little or zero cost.

If you really need a piece in a hurry, but a backup and then have a spar, or one ready for your next plane. Or swap one out of another plane if you have it.

I know we all have different budgets, but to really enjoy this hobby, you need some duplication of equipment to keep in the air.

I really don't know how Hi-tec or Futaba are, but JR has earned my loyalty for the service I have received.

Now, If someone could explain why JR 331 servos chatter when on long ailerons extension with a R700 receiver, all my mysteries would be solved......you name it, I've tried it to debug.
Ok with 610 and 549 receivers. Wires have be twisted, choked.....blah blah blah. That is my only JR weird issue.

CW

CW
CWallace is offline Find More Posts by CWallace
Old Sep 29, 2002, 03:38 PM
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
Of course all the radio manufacturers get swamped in the summer. 12+ BD turnaround is nothing.
flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by flyfalcons