HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2006, 05:59 PM
England
Joined Nov 2005
1,075 Posts
Discussion
Mini Pulse XT or Mini Ultra Stick ?

They'll both take the same Park 450, ESC and 2100 3S pack.

I'd say that the Mini Pulse XT looks a lot nicer than the Mini Ultra Stick.

What else would make one of these a better choice than the other ?

Comments on the flight characteristics of both planes are welcome.

Thanks !
netdudeuk is online now Find More Posts by netdudeuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2006, 07:35 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
I think its unanimous that the MUS is a great addition to anyone's hangar. Haven't seen quite the buzz about the MPXT.

I went with the MUS, great flyer, but then again I'm not so superficial. Looks don't matter to me:-)

They don't look that way forever in my experience.
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Nov 21, 2006, 10:31 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
MUS!
great all around flyer that youll never get bored of with a park 480
thermlin' is offline Find More Posts by thermlin'
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:48 PM
CSI
I promise, just ONE more order
Del Rio Intl, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,977 Posts
MUS vote here. It is just a solid, strong airframe with excellent flight characteristics. It is a great plane to practice all your manuevers on (not talking 3d here). It performs aerobatics with ease and flies with many different power plants and lipo sizes. Well worth the money IMO.
Ken
CSI is offline Find More Posts by CSI
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:58 AM
89" Kool Aid drinker.
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Dec 2001
3,132 Posts
It depends on what you are wanting to do. I had a MUS that I sold to get an Ultra Stick 25E. I like the large size.

The MUS will do just about anything that you ask of it, aside from pretty knife's and 3d like maneuvers. The Pulse otoh, is more of a pure sport cruiser. It will roll and loop, but not as much of a "basher" as the MUS. I have seen the MPXT flown by someone as his second aileron ship. Just a lot of figure 8's and such. It did look really good in the air though. A *lot* more scale than the MUS, imagine that.

Mike
Smash McCrash is offline Find More Posts by Smash McCrash
Old Nov 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
Fish Whisperer
Holland, MI
Joined Sep 2006
26 Posts
Never flown the Mini Pulse, but the MUS is simply spectacular in the air. Mine has the 450 and I never lack for power, from take off to speck in the sky in seconds, nearly unlimited verticle. Maybe not for 3D or scale looks, but the MUS makes me look like a way better pilot than I am
weekending is offline Find More Posts by weekending
Old Nov 22, 2006, 01:52 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Oct 2005
235 Posts
Don't know the Mini Pulse, I have the MUS and believe its the most true-flying plane I own. Big thumbs up.
Prep I is offline Find More Posts by Prep I
Old Nov 02, 2008, 06:41 PM
United States, GA, Augusta
Joined Jun 2006
17 Posts
Stick all the way ....

I have over 60 planes of all kinds and sizes. I think I have every size Stick ever made !!!! I have a few MUS and I love them. I personally think the sticks are the best flying planes ever !!!! ROCK ON STICK PLANES !!!!
unojrcan is offline Find More Posts by unojrcan
Old Nov 02, 2008, 08:40 PM
Thermals?!
Plantation, FL
Joined Apr 2008
385 Posts
My MUS proly has near 150 flights on it and I love it. Once you see how it flys, you won't care about it's looks..... It's simply a spectacular performer.
AndyTheLegend is offline Find More Posts by AndyTheLegend
Old Nov 02, 2008, 09:13 PM
Just having fun
United States, KY, Hopkinsville
Joined Feb 2008
1,957 Posts
Wow dude, I was at this same place this past spring knowing I wanted either the MUS or the MPXT. In my search to make the right choice I ran across the 3D Hobby Shop Extra 300 SHP and people talking about how easy it flys sport and precision and how a little change in CG and you are flying 3D. I went with the SHP and have never looked back. The SHP is a beautiful plane if you are into looks and it's stock set-up has 1.5 thrust to weight ratio. Many are using this plane at their flying fields as a aileron trainer with the CG forward.

The SHP is a little larger with a 47" wingspan and a little more expensive but it works great for learning solid sport flying, precision flying and 3D all in the same plane that will turn heads at any flying field.

Oops, I just noticed that you are in the UK. ADC Hobby Store sells 3DHS planes internationally. Here is the SHP at ADC Hobby Store.

http://www.adchobbystore.com/3dhobbyshop-extra-y.htm

Freddy
Fredriksson is offline Find More Posts by Fredriksson
Last edited by Fredriksson; Nov 02, 2008 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Update for UK