HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2001, 04:11 PM
Walnut Creek, CA.
Joined May 2001
11 Posts
Jeti brushless controller... HELP!!!

I purchased a used Jeti brushless controller model jes 70 -3p opto, but without instructions it has been dificult to setup. I checked the Jeti web site and there are no instructions on there. Could anyone walk me through the setup?

I am running it with an Aveox 1406, I needed to reverse the negative & positive leads to make it turn in the correct rotation. I power up the transmitter, then turn on the receiver pack, then connect the motor cells, it beeps, I then apply full throttle for 3-5 seconds, then full brake for 3-5 seconds, it beeps again then when I give it full throttle it wont come back to a stop unless I apply brake. In neutral it has a high idle that I can't take out with the trim.

Thanks,

Dan Chase
Dan Chase is offline Find More Posts by Dan Chase
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2001, 04:39 PM
London, England
Joined Dec 1999
194 Posts
I can't speak from experience but I have heard that Jeti's are not suitable for use with Aveox. I have a 40 amp jeti with a 30/3 motor, it sets itself up automatically but mine isn't opto so perhaps its different.
Hope this is of some help. Mark.
Mark Grant is offline Find More Posts by Mark Grant
Old Jul 17, 2001, 05:41 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 1999
7,343 Posts
I don't think you really reversed the negitive and positive leads--that leads to smoke! The way to change rotation is to change any 2 of the 3 motor leads. The Jeti controller will work on the Aveox motors produced in the last 2 years or so. The older motors with the "bread loaf" magnets should not be used with the Jeti. The start points and full throttle areself adjusting within limits. If you have problems try setting the travel limits in the transmitter.

Steve
sneu is offline Find More Posts by sneu
Old Jul 17, 2001, 06:40 PM
Walnut Creek, CA.
Joined May 2001
11 Posts
Thanks guys, it's working now! I didn't have my end point set high enough on the Transmiter(thanks Shelby!) Once I had that set, it was self setting.

It's a new Aveox, I reversed the pink & blue leads off the motor, I guess they aren't positive & negative? I had to do this before on a Shultze.

Thanks again!

Dan
Dan Chase is offline Find More Posts by Dan Chase
Old Jul 17, 2001, 10:54 PM
Orange, Ca
Joined Dec 2000
117 Posts
Hi Dan, I bet your trying to use this in your boat with a pistol grip radio arent you.Those controllers are made for airplanes and airplane radios have more throw than pistol grips. Sometimes a rubber band on the trigger helps you get more throw. You may have got it to work but you might not be getting full throttle if your not using a stick radio. Hey see you at the strait lines dude. Mark F
Mark F is offline Find More Posts by Mark F
Old Jul 18, 2001, 11:13 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
The only other setup is this:

If you power everything up with the transmitter throttle control high and wait a few seconds it will beep twice. Then pull back to "off". The brake is now disabled and will stay that way until you repeat this process again (minues, days, months from now).

I have noted, though, that a Jeti brushless controller brake resets to "on" after the controller's been dunked in the lake...... (don't ask how I know this - I just returned from a seaplane meet - enough said )
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Oct 14, 2003, 11:16 AM
Joined Oct 2003
10 Posts
Hey guys, i was reading this and wanted to ask some sdditional questions about the Jes 40-3p opto setup with a pistol controller. I recently aquired a car with the esc and a mega 22/20/4 (i think) motor. since this is an airplane brushless, no one with cars knows anything bout it. Is there anyone that could help me figure out how to set the throttle with a pistol grip? right now i try and set it and end up with a very high speed idle. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
SLEEPY23 is offline Find More Posts by SLEEPY23