HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2007, 06:54 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,867 Posts
Got it!
Thanks bjpaul.........the taps you used which fit the Hyperion LBA10 6s would be which item #? Are they TP taps or Hyperion? I can do this once I know the taps to use....After this radio conversion below I think I can handle it.

My new(old)radio.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Last edited by Madmax1965; Jan 04, 2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Pic did not show up
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2007, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
I used Hyperion taps... less then $2.00 each.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=1884

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2007, 07:13 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,867 Posts
Thank you.
Old Jan 04, 2007, 07:31 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,867 Posts
bjpaul I take it you count cells starting from the left top and go right and then down?
Old Jan 04, 2007, 08:30 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Count from the main positive terminal, up or down is relative. Remember the polarity on A123 cells is backwards from regular Nicad and Nimah.

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 04, 2007, 09:09 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Need 6S Hyperion taps

Does anyone know where I can buy 6S Hyperion male pack side taps for use with the LBA10? Nobody lists them yet as far as I can tell. I have some A123 6S I'd like to wire up for balancing.

Thanks,

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 05, 2007, 07:41 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Does anyone know where I can buy 6S Hyperion male pack side taps for use with the LBA10? Nobody lists them yet as far as I can tell. I have some A123 6S I'd like to wire up for balancing.

Thanks,

Doubletap
I have one. NIB. This will plug right into the LBA10. PM me.
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2007, 07:53 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,659 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can buy 6S Hyperion male pack side taps
Perhaps I mis interputed this but to me it sounds like he is looking for a 7 lead (for 6S) Hyperion battery tap / pigtail ,as in one which attaches to the LiPoly cells / pack.

I looked around a bit and for whatever reason the 5 lead PQ,Hyperion,E tec pigtails are very common but not the 6 lead ones.
One would think that Hyperion dealers would stock these as they are need to make max. use of the LBA 6 conviently. Kinda reminds me of the early TP Days when you could purchase a TP Balancer but very few TP ProLites with matching connections and no source for pigtails for other brands.

LBA10 to 6S but no 6S battery pigtails here

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=2567

just like other places I have checked.

I purchase my PQ /Hyp. connectors(pigtails) here

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...ctors&scat=HYP

however they only carry the 5 leads and they are showing only 1 male (battery sie) in stock.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jan 05, 2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2007, 08:20 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,478 Posts
I have not seen a 6S battery side pigtail from Hyperion. Either Allerc does not carry it or it does not exist.

The 6S wiring harness from the links above are too short to be used as a balance connector. I have these in stock and looked at them.

The pigatil I have is about 7" or so in length. Looks like this, but with the correct JST connector for the LBA10.

RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2007, 09:22 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Yes, I am building some 6S A123 packs and would need the 7-lead Hyperion taps that interface with the LBA10's 6S Hyperion harness. I typically buy my Hyperion taps from allerc.com but for some reason they do not carry these. Thanks to RC Accessory, he found a source for these overseas:

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=3606

I'll probably drop allerc.com an email inquiring if they plan to carry these as I'd rather purchase them stateside. Otherwise, I'll order from Aircraft World.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance!

Doubletap
Old Jan 05, 2007, 11:07 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Good news...

I just got an email reply from Bob at www.allerc.com concerning the availability of Hyperion LBA 10 6S male pack-side balance taps. They DO have them in stock but have not added them to the website yet. Part number is HP-LB10MCLBA and is actually the same connector that plugs into the LBA10 itself. If you're in a hurry, it can be ordered over the phone or via email.

Doubletap
Old Jun 30, 2007, 08:41 AM
South of France
Joined Nov 2004
428 Posts
Congratulations : very very good thread, very informative.
Thanks for the work being done

Gustave
Gustave Flaubert is offline Find More Posts by Gustave Flaubert
Old Jun 30, 2007, 09:42 AM
MaxiR, Sniper
Lansdale, PA, USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,151 Posts
Yes, I agree, great thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Accessory
I have not seen a 6S battery side pigtail from Hyperion. Either Allerc does not carry it or it does not exist.

The 6S wiring harness from the links above are too short to be used as a balance connector. I have these in stock and looked at them.

The pigatil I have is about 7" or so in length. Looks like this, but with the correct JST connector for the LBA10.

I just built an 8S A123 with two of these Bantam taps. I needed to extend four of the wires to get to the far side of the A123s. They worked well. I ran the first charge yesterday and everything looks good.
Cobra is offline Find More Posts by Cobra
Old Jul 06, 2007, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2006
5 Posts
Hello Guys,

I just bought a eos1210i-A and 2 lba10 balancers. I can read in the manual that i can blanace load 2 packs of the same cell count...but it doesnt say how to charge 7s with the lba's in network mode. Is that even possible?
I want to balance my A123 7S pack. It has one 5s tap and one 2s tap. But there is noway to get this thing starting to balance. What about the battery leads? i only have one deans on that pack. Should i tap a pos. and neg. lead to connect to the balancer for each balancer?

Thanks in advance,
Maurice
dutch_anykey is offline Find More Posts by dutch_anykey
Old Jul 06, 2007, 09:42 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,499 Posts
I also have an A123 balance question:

I've heard rumors of an A123-specific "blinky" from Astro Flight, but cannot find it on their site or any vendor site. Is it true? Or will the regular "blinky" (or the CSRC Ultimate Balancer) work on A123 cells?

-Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris