Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:37 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Women hate needy or doting men. - Rick
In my experience, this works both ways.

Relationships with women who were needy and totally predictable, called me every night, were not very exciting.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:40 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
I dated a Ferrari for ten years, but I married a Honda.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:40 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
Ferraris?

Not quite.

But the name of it almost sounds Italian.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Nov 20, 2006, 02:27 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
An apparent paradox
1/ A man chases a woman until she catches him
2/ A woman is chaste until she is caught
and, echoing TT's point, why do we have to take so long to understand women that we have almost forgotten why we wanted to in the first place?
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:16 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f14_Tomcat_92'
Hi guys this is my first how do i thread on this sort of question.

Well here goes.

This girl i really like looks at me in class, fidjets with her hair when i'm around, and makes eye contact, sometimes she talks to me. How the do I ask her out?

I am only a 9th grader if anyone who is a highschooler, or person who knows this stuff like their back hand can help out that would be nice

Kyle
If she really likes you she will pretend to be interested in things you do even if she is not.

If you are interested you will pretend to be interested in things are really are not.

If you are really compatable, then those two circles will intersect more. If you are not compatable, then they will intersect less.

Now for the super secret advice. Advice that might be beyond your years.

Here you go...

Guys who ask girls to go "out" more often get more dates. Guys who are afraid to ask girls to go "out" go on less dates.

Decide where you want to be and go for it.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Last edited by Indiana_Geoff; Nov 20, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:52 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,606 Posts
Yep, my dad's way of saying it...."If you don't shoot the shot, you don't get the points".

Just try to be yourself and not a phony. When you talk, ask about her, but don't go overboard. Be sure to listen too. If you do these things and she responds in kind, then you'll probably have a good frienship. If not, well, then you at least took the shot. The next time you'll be better prepaired to get the points.

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:05 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFplanekid
Chloroform jokes aside, in all honesty you are in 9th grade. The sooner you accept that they are all evil and manipulative, and realize that there is no such thing as a meaninful relationship in HS, the better it will be.
Wish I had this advice in high school! Could of saved me 9 years of my life and allowed me to have more fun in highschool!!

Seriously though, there is some really great advice here. Be yourself is the most important though. Sounds cliche, but frauds are always found out. Besides, if she likes you already it's probably because she has been watching the real you when you didn't know it.

Have fun!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 03:26 PM
Government is a fearful master
United States, TX, Farwell
Joined Feb 2001
157 Posts
Try to not be pushy, take it easy and low pressure. Become a friend first, then go from there. Find things to do to help entertain her, Girls get bored really fast. It will be a big plus if you can dance. Pay a lot of attention to hygene. Smell freshly bathed , keep your teeth brushed..
electroman7 is offline Find More Posts by electroman7
Old Nov 20, 2006, 03:37 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroman7
Girls get bored really fast.
I have two girls and one son. All are teens. I've found that my son gets bored just as easily as my girls. As I recall, I got bored easily at that age too. It's part of the "keep them busy so they stay out of trouble" mentality you see today.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:09 PM
Authorized Self-Portrait?
Greensboro, NC
Joined Nov 2003
1,058 Posts
For God's sake, don't tell her you fly toy airplanes!

All kidding aside, all th above is pretty good advice, but most importantly, DO SOMETHING! I would guess that all the guys replying here have one example of a situation like you are in where we DID NOTHING! And we all regret it!
kitfoxdrvr is offline Find More Posts by kitfoxdrvr
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:14 PM
Government is a fearful master
United States, TX, Farwell
Joined Feb 2001
157 Posts
You're right about boys getting bored easily also. Lots of older folks give younger kids advice for a long term relationship which is almost never what developes with kids high school level. My advice to young men is always try to be a friend the girl can go have a good time with. You get quality companionship and you learn valuable things about the female personality that will be usefull when you really do start a serious relationship. Some of the unnecessary heart breaks you can avoid by realizing most of these relationships are extremely short termed.
electroman7 is offline Find More Posts by electroman7
Old Nov 20, 2006, 06:57 PM
i cant fly 55
i dont know
Joined May 2006
1,065 Posts
thanks for all the input guys! really nice of all of you.

one question, i get my lisecens to drive cars in a few weeks, but do you think she might like it when i show up in a mustang in a few mmonths? cause seriously, i do NOT have the guts Now to ask her out or to study, because i hang out with differnt people.

kinda like a movei, she hangs out with the jocks and i hang out with the "gearheads"-car guys, and not sure if thats compatible?? she now looks at me nearly all the time in my class!! cool, but theres a lotta dumb!@#$% in there tha would say some!@#$ if i asked her out!

kyle
f14_Tomcat_92' is offline Find More Posts by f14_Tomcat_92'
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
There are only two kinds of women who care much about what car you drive (As long it's not a beater): Gearhead chicks (If you find a girl who likes machines, grab her. Think Danica Patrick or Patty Wagstaff) and girls who are easily impressed.

If she's dating your car, she's not worth your time. Well, maybe a little teeny bit. But certainly not your efforts or affections.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:07 PM
i cant fly 55
i dont know
Joined May 2006
1,065 Posts
well shes not a gearhead but when i say things about it, she gets that look like shes intrigued, don't no how to spell it!
f14_Tomcat_92' is offline Find More Posts by f14_Tomcat_92'
Old Nov 20, 2006, 07:29 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f14_Tomcat_92'
well shes not a gearhead but when i say things about it, she gets that look like shes intrigued, don't no how to spell it!
She probably got some advice that to get close to you the best way is to show interest in your interests.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog