HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2006, 09:29 PM
i cant fly 55
i dont know
Joined May 2006
1,065 Posts
Help!
i know this has nothing to do with the rc comunity and thats why i am postin it here!

Hi guys this is my first how do i thread on this sort of question.

Well here goes.

This girl i really like looks at me in class, fidjets with her hair when i'm around, and makes eye contact, sometimes she talks to me. How the do I ask her out?

I am only a 9th grader if anyone who is a highschooler, or person who knows this stuff like their back hand can help out that would be nice

Kyle
f14_Tomcat_92' is offline Find More Posts by f14_Tomcat_92'
Last edited by f14_Tomcat_92'; Nov 19, 2006 at 09:37 PM. Reason: dumb spell words.....
Old Nov 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2004
1,917 Posts
No way...
Wufnu is offline Find More Posts by Wufnu
Old Nov 19, 2006, 09:53 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; May 24, 2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:29 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Love advice usually costs money on the LTUP forum, but here's a free tip to get you started.

Find out who her friends are, ask one of them what her best subject is, and then ask her for some tutoring help on that subject. If you don't need it, pretend that you do.

If nothing else, it's a way to break the ice.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:37 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectRick
Find out who her friends are, ask one of them what her best subject is, and then ask her for some tutoring help on that subject. If you don't need it, pretend that you do.
Right from the Homer Simpson playbook. Just don't keep her up too late on a debate night...
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:43 PM
De-Brushed user
Midland, Tx / W. Lafayette, Ind.
Joined Dec 2002
2,949 Posts
Well, this works well.
CAFplanekid is offline Find More Posts by CAFplanekid
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:47 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
The original date rape drug.

If you have to resort to something like that, your are probably better off seeking to join a monastery.

Rick
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:50 PM
I AP'd myself again......
Yawn....Iowa
Joined Mar 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f14_Tomcat_92'
This girl i really like looks at me in class, fidjets with her hair when i'm around, and makes eye contact, sometimes she talks to me. How the do I ask her out?
Open your wallet and show her the green, they are learning to make good wifes
aviatordave is offline Find More Posts by aviatordave
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:55 PM
De-Brushed user
Midland, Tx / W. Lafayette, Ind.
Joined Dec 2002
2,949 Posts
Chloroform jokes aside, in all honesty you are in 9th grade. The sooner you accept that they are all evil and manipulative, and realize that there is no such thing as a meaninful relationship in HS, the better it will be.
CAFplanekid is offline Find More Posts by CAFplanekid
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:09 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Good for you. 9th grade relationships are the basic training you will need later.

Be cool, talk to her like you value her input, don't brag, don't show her that you care (Too much), and see what happens.

And for God's sake, don't talk about her to other people you both know. Everyone else (But her) knowing that you are pining for this chick will just be lame. Keep your own council on your love life.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:22 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
First thing, (if I only knew then what I know now ) the worst thing you can do is make this a life and death situation for yourself. It is really scary, to risk rejection. I think in HS, we are looking to get help with our self esteem, and if you don't think that the case, then you wouldn't be worried about rejection.

The best you can probably hope for at this young age is to get an education from this young lady in the processes of the female mind. Talk to her. Ask about what she likes to do, music, TV, movies, etc. And listen to her answers. Don't be aggressive, my experience is that it is usually the female that engages the male, and they have this way of making the male think he has done the engaging.

In other words, you go halfway, strike up a conversation, then wait for her to come halfway. She will if it is what she wants. Take it slowly and don't push. It seems you want a date, but have you even talked to her? Don't put the cart before the horse, as they say.

I was lucky enough to work with several attractive young ladies at my job and got a crush on two of them when I was in HS. Girls at this age are usually (not always) more mature than boys. I got to know the two young ladies, never really dated them, although we went together to some functions. I was lucky in that one of them told me what I was doing wrong, and I listened. It did help me to understand how they perceived boys. Mostly, if you come on too strong, they get scared. Not only are they unexperienced like you, they also don't usually have high self esteem either. They wonder what is wrong with someone who goes crazy over them, because they don't see themselves as anything worth going crazy over. We are our own worst critics and especially at this age.

Anyway, you will find all this out on your own. It is like learning to walk, you have to fall down a few times.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:26 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Good point brought up by 'Dog, and one that I've found to be fairly true.

The more you act like you care, the more put off she will be. Sounds insane--but is true. Women hate needy or doting men. He who cares the least, usually wins the girl.

It must have something to do with the way the female mind is wired, or something.

Rick
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:28 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectRick
Good point brought up by 'Dog, and one that I've found to be fairly true.

The more you act like you care, the more put off she will be. Sounds insane--but is true. Women hate needy or doting men. He who cares the least, usually wins the girl.

It must have something to do with the way the female mind is wired, or something.

Rick

I act like I'm not gonna vacuum, and damned if I don't end up doing the vacuuming.

Women.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:32 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
That's because women have always possessed what men have always been seeking.

And they know it.

Rick
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:33 AM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Ferraris?