HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2007, 10:27 PM
Joined Dec 2004
60 Posts
Realistic models for the demo. The two heli and fixed wing make the product flight physics look toyish and not representive of what a potential buyer would want out of a sim.

I understand the flip side, that people would just keep demo'ing the sim to learn the new blade cp. But you need to something to showcase your product.

Bottom line is that I am not going to spend $30 to try a product that has a demo that does not show the value that many people praise in the forums.

Just my $.02

CT
cth6 is offline Find More Posts by cth6
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2007, 02:09 AM
Petagas, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Joined Sep 2003
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPFlyer
The AIr Hogs AeroAce is available for FMS. That is a similar plane. Now if some bright guy could convert the AA FMS model to CV...
Those for FMS are lousy planes. I had posted a much better one in RCGROUPS.

It is called x-twin.

I also have parameters for Clearview but I'm still working on it.
The FMS model flies closer but it does not stall.
Cleariew ones, flies erratically, unlike the real planes that are more stable but it can stall, unlike FMS.
othmanskn is offline Find More Posts by othmanskn
Old Jan 09, 2007, 02:22 AM
Petagas, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Joined Sep 2003
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE
Stefan;

Great idea!

May I suggest the Acipiter Badius as a great candidate? It it a 3 channel "toy" type plane, and has a HUGE following (just look at RCU - the Badius owners club had a thread with over 900 pages!!)

Here is a link to the model I am talking about:

http://raidentech.com/3rareaircsae.html

Terry
You call this a toy?
This is a powered glider with a folding prop. I'd like to have one but it appears to be out of stock.

Modelling it should be similar to a glider.

I've pictures of some thundertiger gliders which I'd like to model.
othmanskn is offline Find More Posts by othmanskn
Old Jan 09, 2007, 08:59 PM
USA, LA, Mandeville
Joined Feb 2005
886 Posts
steve450se: DX6 works great with USB cable on CV
hew565 is offline Find More Posts by hew565
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:01 AM
Louisville Kentucky
Joined Jan 2007
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hew565
steve450se: DX6 works great with USB cable on CV
After configuring for a couple of days (my fault) it's now working thanks to Stefan's help. At first, the USB cable didn't want to be recognized, (sometimes it would see it and other times it didn't) and then I had to "figure out" what controls went where. That was the hardest part. (I'm new at Heli's)

Finally I'm able to enjoy a very fine simulator. Sure, it may not have spectacular crashes, but if that was important, I would fly a game and not a simulator. It also saved me about $150.00.

For the price, I feel this simulator is without compare. Someone like me who doesn't yet know about "true" flight physics (because of a lack of experience) will not be using it to it's full potential. But, for learning to hover and remain oriented while flying, (and having good looking models too) this is so far, the best investment I have made. I feel it is a quality program at a extremely reasonable price.

Some prefer Fords and some Chevy's. This debate will never end.

As a matter of preference, I prefer to support smaller companies and developers who are singularly involved in the creation and development of their products. The drawback may be a slower time to release newer models, but the advantage is having someone who is intensely knowledgeable about his product and is easily accessible for assistance.

As my skills increase, so will the development of this program and it's fan base so, (for now), I'm completely happy with Clearview as my flight sim of choice.

Thanks to all for the assistance with my problems.
Steve450se is offline Find More Posts by Steve450se
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:02 PM
Joined Dec 2004
60 Posts
How about models for the E-Sky Helis?
Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:01 AM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
Quote:
How about models for the E-Sky Helis?
Hi,

Stefan has just posted CV V4.64 with a HB fixed pitch included I guess I'll be downloading it soon

The blade CP/Pro are similar to the CP2 although I find that I have to apply about 80% time scaling to make the CV CP/Pro fly like my CP2, probably because my CP2 weighs about half a ton with its Xtreme skids, alloy rotor head and dual tail motors (Dumbo with rotors ).

Re the Trex tuning review: we need to start sharing advanced setup info if we have it so that Stefan can improve the setup and advanced setup dialogues to make them more user friendly (I think all in all it was a fair and positive review {don't get mad Stefan} and I still like and intend to carry on using CV ).

Regards

Kim
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Jan 14, 2007, 04:13 PM
Joined Dec 2004
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzykim
Hi,

Stefan has just posted CV V4.64 with a HB fixed pitch included I guess I'll be downloading it soon

The blade CP/Pro are similar to the CP2 although I find that I have to apply about 80% time scaling to make the CV CP/Pro fly like my CP2, probably because my CP2 weighs about half a ton with its Xtreme skids, alloy rotor head and dual tail motors (Dumbo with rotors ).

Re the Trex tuning review: we need to start sharing advanced setup info if we have it so that Stefan can improve the setup and advanced setup dialogues to make them more user friendly (I think all in all it was a fair and positive review {don't get mad Stefan} and I still like and intend to carry on using CV ).

Regards

Kim
Now that is quick service. Whoo Hooo!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:15 PM
Joined Dec 2004
60 Posts
Ok after flying the HB FP model, the only thing really missing is the random drift at a low hover. The bird feels a bit too predictable at low (ground effect) hover. Another FP owner had the same conclusion.

I can mimic the drift by putting one notch of trim in, but then I know which way she is going to slip away.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:59 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
Here are some advanced parameter settings that you may experiment until you get the right feel. Please post what your values so I know what you feel is close:

groundEffectCoef 30.0 - how strong is the ground effect, higher nuumber is stronger
groundEffectLevel 0.4 - height in meters for the ground effect to be felt
gyroGain 10.0 - try even lower gain for swinging tail
gyroTailSlopCoef 0.5 bigger make it worce
torkAccCoef 1.0 - higher makes the tail to swing more
If you up that coef, you may need to change the tailPitchCurve1 so the heli does not rotate in hover.

The values shown here are arbitrary, start with the values that are allready set for the model. Write the initial values down and change 1 at a time so you can clearly see the effect.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:41 PM
Joined Dec 2004
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
Here are some advanced parameter settings that you may experiment until you get the right feel. Please post what your values so I know what you feel is close:

groundEffectCoef 30.0 - how strong is the ground effect, higher nuumber is stronger
groundEffectLevel 0.4 - height in meters for the ground effect to be felt
gyroGain 10.0 - try even lower gain for swinging tail
gyroTailSlopCoef 0.5 bigger make it worce
torkAccCoef 1.0 - higher makes the tail to swing more
If you up that coef, you may need to change the tailPitchCurve1 so the heli does not rotate in hover.

The values shown here are arbitrary, start with the values that are allready set for the model. Write the initial values down and change 1 at a time so you can clearly see the effect.

Stefan

Thanks for the comments. I will play with them this weekend and post what feels right to me.

Thanks.

CT
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:44 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
Just uploaded 4.65 If you ever wanted to follow the model closer, this is the one to get - the Always Close camera option works now (quite well IMHO). Also, there is a major chage (for better) in flight physics implementation for all models - helis and planes - that is related to model behavior when the model is in steep turn.

Stefan
Old Jan 16, 2007, 02:34 AM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
Hi all,
Quote:
Just uploaded 4.65 If you ever wanted to follow the model closer, this is the one to get - the Always Close camera option works now (quite well IMHO). Also, there is a major chage (for better) in flight physics implementation for all models - helis and planes - that is related to model behavior when the model is in steep turn.
Fantastic development curve Stefan Do you ever get to sleep

I was just about to d'load 4.64, but I'm glad I waited for this one !

(I would still like to be able to replay the last few seconds before a crash though any suggestions? )

Kim
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:25 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Feb 2002
670 Posts
quote (I would still like to be able to replay the last few seconds before a crash though any suggestions? )

Yes, imeddiately after crash close your eyes and replay in your mind. Just kidding, sorry I couldn't help myself.

Anyways, even though most the software updates are not massive they do come at a good rate which I think is cool. Shows that Skirtz is always working on his product.
DownInFlames is offline Find More Posts by DownInFlames
Old Jan 16, 2007, 08:21 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames
Anyways, even though most the software updates are not massive they do come at a good rate which I think is cool. Shows that Skirtz is always working on his product.
I firmly believe in moving forwards in small steps, but often. This is the only way to develop and advance a program that is run on thousands and thousands computer configurations, uses many different cables and control devices and has to run realtime.

The alternative is hudge test labs (which I don't have...), test teams (no teams either...), big time between release and higher price.

Stefan