HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2006, 05:27 PM
Nebraska
Joined Feb 2005
179 Posts
Stefan, any luck with the ATI x1600 chipset video stutter problem? I have tried all suggestions and it still rears it's ugly head now and again. Thanks
copflyer is offline Find More Posts by copflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2006, 07:50 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
Please look at the last message at this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616480

I think the thread descrives similar problem for ATI drivers. Try the tip at the end of the thread.

Thanks,
Stefan
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Jan 02, 2007, 05:28 AM
Petagas, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Joined Sep 2003
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozzykim
Hi Stefan,

Yeah I know, everytime my ten year old daughter beats me around the Nurburgring in a Subaru WRX, I have to watch the mistakes I made and I have one outside in the driveway

That would be GREAT

If people wouldn't like it as a default, then how about a tutorial to explain how to set it up just for li'l ole me

Regards

Kim
No. Once it is there better to make it a default. The current setup of defaulting to a restart is not helpful at all. Once there is a feature whereby Clearview always records its flights, and replays the last few seconds, better let it be the default.

The rule should be that the advanced features should be the default but can be turned off if required, i.e. when working with slower machines.
othmanskn is offline Find More Posts by othmanskn
Old Jan 02, 2007, 04:07 PM
Gravity sucks...
The Colony, TX
Joined Sep 2004
296 Posts
Stefan,

How about a night flying option as a future feature enhancement?
Tr0gTX is offline Find More Posts by Tr0gTX
Old Jan 02, 2007, 08:19 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
I am not sure about that. What learning purpose will that serve?
Old Jan 03, 2007, 01:59 AM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
It would teach us not to try flying at night ??
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Jan 03, 2007, 12:32 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
hehehe...
Old Jan 04, 2007, 02:00 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1 Posts
2-channel models

I have a request. I'd like to see 2-channel models.

I have a beginner 2-channel plane here in Japan -- the Taiyo Twin Falcon:
http://www.taiyo-toy.co.jp/lineup/pl...con/index.html
It was only US$50, incl. the controller. It survives crashes well.
There are no elevators, rudders, or aelirons. The throttle channel has 4 settings:
- off
- 1/3 power (click up once)
- 2/3 power (click up once again)
- full power (click and hold up)
Full power gets it to climb, but it will stall if you don't lower the throttle and level out at a higher altitude.
The turning channel:
- left-turn (holding the left arrow slows the left propeller down one speed)
- right-turn (holding the right arrow slows the right propeller down one speed)
both of these also create a banking due to the differential lift one the progressing wing. At glide, clicking "right" actually causes the left propeller to switch on at 1/3 speed.

It is fun to fly, and it goes slow enough to see clearly what is involved with various maneuvers.

I have gained good experience for that plane by using Clearview Flight Sim, but it seems that 2-channel model planes should be easy to produce -- and useful for beginners. I was able to do a hand-catch and a loop-launch on my third day out with the plane this last week. None of the other guys who had been flying even thought a loop was possible with these planes :-) I think I got that confidence in trying new things from Clearview.

Also, Clearview's homepage lists only one page of models:
http://rcflightsim.com/models.html
Is this all there is? There are no other collections of models? It makes for a difficult google search.

Finally, I still cannot get my Logitech RumblePad 2 to work with Clearview. YSFLIGHT2000 and MS Flight Simulator X both find the pad fine, and I have minimal USB devices connected. I wish there was a fix for this.

Thanks for reading.
Greg Conquest
gregconquest is offline Find More Posts by gregconquest
Last edited by gregconquest; Jan 04, 2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: typo, added plane name
Old Jan 04, 2007, 11:00 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
Here is Ken's site with number of models:
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...pid=291233&ck=

Regarding Logitech RumblePad 2, check if you have Windows Infrared remote control and disconnect it. For some reason, it makes the gamepads invisible to ClearView.

Regarding that plane, I am sure it is a lot of fun. So far ClearView provides hobby type models. The plane shown is more to the toy planes category that is not currently covered. I hope you can learn on any ClearView model and easily transfer the skills learned to that plane. I may include this type of planes in the future.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Old Jan 04, 2007, 11:37 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,435 Posts
The AIr Hogs AeroAce is available for FMS. That is a similar plane. Now if some bright guy could convert the AA FMS model to CV...
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Jan 07, 2007, 01:17 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,141 Posts
Do you guys find helpful if I include a number of toy planes in ClearView? Would that be benefitial to your kids and help them lean before get out and fly the toy plane? Most toy planes fly quite well but still require some level of anticipation and control that does not exist if one never have flown rc model. Please let me know if that is something you want to see in.

Stefan
Old Jan 07, 2007, 01:33 PM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Stefan;

Great idea!

May I suggest the Acipiter Badius as a great candidate? It it a 3 channel "toy" type plane, and has a HUGE following (just look at RCU - the Badius owners club had a thread with over 900 pages!!)

Here is a link to the model I am talking about:

http://raidentech.com/3rareaircsae.html

Terry
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
Old Jan 07, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
The toy plane thing maybe helpfull for some, it cant do any harm anyways . I'm a Heli man myself.

Tell you what i'd like to see in CV (apart from heli blade sounds when changing pitch I really hope this will manifest soon ) is some kind of Random engine failure, that would be very helpfull in getting used to doing autos without warning as many ppl have to do this in real life when parts fail.
There could be a user definable on or off mode where the motor will fail with in 5 mins or so.

Another thing i only noticed yesterday was a new view called "Always Close" but when i tryed it nothing happend.

Peace
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Jan 07, 2007, 07:14 PM
Louisville Kentucky
Joined Jan 2007
3 Posts
Clearview seems much better than any I have tried so far, and I'm hoping a USB cable will allow it to work as it should with my dx6. Using the keyboard isn't too exciting. So far I'm very impressed with it and feel it should do all I need to learn and the price is a big plus. Having a concerned and supportive author is very reassuring and it appears support is always around in the forums. Seems like money well spent so far and hopefully it will be all I need once the DX6 works with it.
Steve450se is offline Find More Posts by Steve450se
Old Jan 07, 2007, 08:18 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
Do you guys find helpful if I include a number of toy planes in ClearView? Would that be benefitial to your kids and help them lean before get out and fly the toy plane? Most toy planes fly quite well but still require some level of anticipation and control that does not exist if one never have flown rc model. Please let me know if that is something you want to see in.

Stefan
Absolutely! Esp. at your price point, the Aero Ace, Sky Fly and all the Rat Shack planes would be a great idea (for the ones that fly, any way). Also the PicooZ heli.
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer