HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2006, 11:26 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
You forget to ask about self-zoom, bocs when the model is 20 m far away,
its a little difficult to see the real position of the model,

maybe that option is no possible bcos it use static images,
Real Flight use graphical surfaces, but they are less realistic than high def pictures.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2006, 05:53 AM
Budapest
Joined Jul 2003
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexTuning
I have recently reviewed Phoenix and I'm currently reviewing CV for Stefan.
Can't wait for the review.

I already have ClearView, and waiting the postman for my Phoenix too.

I like Clearview very much. It improved a lot in features and physics in the last several monthes. Now it is way better then my first copy was.

I think the heli physics of the latest version is very realistic, at least on the level I can fly (sport flying, loops, rolls, inverted hovering, but no serious 3d). My former complaints (twitchy hovering, too much sliding, too fast looping) are cured. That "sliding" effect was the biggest problem, but it just disappeared in the latest version.

With some small custom parameter modifications the Raptor 60 is pretty close to my eRaptor. The T-Rex is not so close, but decent too. (I have two T-Rex's, even the real ones are different each other... )

I really interested in reviews of better pilots.
mmormota is offline Find More Posts by mmormota
Last edited by mmormota; Dec 05, 2006 at 05:59 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2006, 07:53 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
something go wrong at clearview (as usual)

in the "easy model setup" menu, if i change the numbers for others more big,
the heli afeter crash, it crash another time, and another time, itself, without touching nothing, and you must w8 a littler until the heli stop, and then u can play one more time.

and another problem: the Heli can land in the middle air too xdd, after a crash, the heli drop in any site of the screen, doesent matter where!

thnks
Old Dec 06, 2006, 08:03 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
another problem is that i must put the Windows bar at single space,
to see clearly the simulator.
i always got the start bar at double space, and the program dont detect it to adjust the correct size to the seen.
Last edited by wallaguest1; Dec 06, 2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2006, 10:42 PM
Heli-addict in training
Flagstaff, AZ
Joined Oct 2006
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1
another problem is that i must put the Windows bar at single space, to see clearly the simulator. i always got the start bar at double space, and the program dont detect it to adjust the correct size to the seen.
I've not had this problem, and I run with with a "2-row" start bar.

David
TheWolfen is offline Find More Posts by TheWolfen
Old Dec 08, 2006, 12:32 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
well hehe, i don't lie, take a look,

Old Dec 08, 2006, 03:08 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
From what I see, this is because you do not have ClearView window maximized - then it will take all decktop minus the Windows bar. You are showing a sized ClearView window and this is normal behavior for that case. Just maximize the window.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:35 AM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
Automatic Crash Replay?

Hi,

how about showing an automatic replay of the last 5 seconds before a crash, showing the remote stick positions automatically, and in slow motion, maybe with a track showing the aircrafts position and orientation for that time.

Maybe if the program defaulted to this replay it would also discourage casual crashes, because you would have to wait and watch your disaster before the model resets?

You could also insert a screen with an estimate of the real life cost of repairs based on calculated impact energy

Actually that would be a major benefit.

This could help us new pilots to correct our newbie stick errors and, as far as I can tell, uses facilities already built in to ClearView.

Regards

Kim
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Dec 29, 2006, 11:00 AM
Joined Dec 2005
257 Posts
Kim, you can get some of the same effect by recording each flight either as a pattern or as a recording. Then if you play back the recording and turn down the training time you can get a slow motion replay. Turn on the transmitter display and you get to see the positions of the sticks throughout the flight.

If you use pattern rather than a recording you will need to press C ( I think it is ) to follow the pattern aircraft rather than your own. If you routinely record your flights or when you are trying new things you can then see what happened if it didn't go as planned.
Zaragon is offline Find More Posts by Zaragon
Old Dec 29, 2006, 05:32 PM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
Hi,

thanks, yes I figured out you could do that more or less, but I was suggesting that it could be configured (properly, by someone who knows what they're doing {Stefan}) and turned on by default.

One of the criticisms of sims is that they are tempting to use almost like PS2 games.
With no price to be paid if you crash, what's the encouragement to fly carefully and develop your skills, not to fly outrageous aerobatics which you can't do properly in the real world.

Kim
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Dec 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
what about a land in the floor and not freezed in the middle of the air after a crash?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 03:06 PM
Gravity sucks...
The Colony, TX
Joined Sep 2004
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1
what about a land in the floor and not freezed in the middle of the air after a crash?
Personally I don't use a sim to see realistic crashes - I use it to learn to FLY. The object is to AVOID crashes, not be entertained by them. I could care less if the model flies to pieces or comes to rest in mid-air after a crash - I hit reset before then anyway.

If you dislike Clearview so much (as your numerous posts on the topic indicate) why not buy G3, FSone, XTR, etc? Oh right, I forgot - you are the person who wanted to format their HD and re-install Windows to get another 40 minutes of free demo time from a $30 flight sim.
Tr0gTX is offline Find More Posts by Tr0gTX
Old Dec 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
there are a lot of ways (that i will not post) to get 40 min as many times as you want,
but you are wrong bcos that is not my intention Tr0gTX.

I removed and reinstalled the sim just to see if it keep any hidden key in the reg, and not to get 40 more minuts.

any way, i use aerofly right now and

i hope in next version skirtz solve that type of issues
(middle air landing, full screen option, and so on)
Old Dec 30, 2006, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
I am just curious - why do you think full screen option is needed?

Regarding "mid air landing" - I have a counter that waits 2 sec after a crash and freese last frame for 0.5 sec so you kind of think why did you crash. I decided the program must reset fast and not make you wait. If I leave more time after a crash, my hand goes to spacebar to reset. May be the model bounce too much at the crash and I should wait the model to drop to the ground and not freese the program when in the air, is that what bothers you?

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Dec 30, 2006, 08:07 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
2 secs and it freeze, okey, i see.

but a model usually dont reboot, maybe could be more realistic if it just stop in the floor (like aerofly or fms) instead making a virtual reboot in the floor (like a chewing gum).
I mean that seems more realistic: or a full reboot until it stop, or never reboot.

bcos its very ugly see that heli stop in the middle of the air, it has no sense in the first impression. it seems like the sim is badly designed.

and about the full screen: full screen means more pixels, and more FPS, without anoying bars at the top and the bottom of the screen. its not possible with java that feature?

is like try to play hl2 or any other 3D game in a window. That's not fully inmersive, is just ugly.

sorry about my bad english.