HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
I would like dual rates implimented. I am trying to learn 3D, and having the ability to use dual rates would be great!

Terry

PS: I am still looking for a P-47 model...
TerryE is offline Find More Posts by TerryE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2006, 08:27 PM
Petagas, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Joined Sep 2003
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryE
I would like dual rates implimented. I am trying to learn 3D, and having the ability to use dual rates would be great!

Terry

PS: I am still looking for a P-47 model...
I've searched throught the internet and my collection of FMS models. I can't seem to find out. Initially I thought rare bear is a P-47, but P-47 is even bigger in real life of course. It looks similar to rare bear F8F.

I'd like to model this plane after I'd successfully completed my X-twin micro RC plane. If you give me specifications or source, of your P-47, I'd like to model it for you, as part of my exercise.
othmanskn is offline Find More Posts by othmanskn
Old Dec 01, 2006, 07:29 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
oth;

Thanks a lot - I would really appreciate it!

Here is a link to the P-47:

http://www.raidentech.com/pthrareconig.html

Thanks again!

Terry
Old Dec 02, 2006, 05:47 PM
Joined Sep 2003
489 Posts
Quote:
oth;

Thanks a lot - I would really appreciate it!

Here is a link to the P-47:

http://www.raidentech.com/pthrareconig.html

Thanks again!

Terry
Actually I've finished a P47c scaled down to 1:10 with moving prop.

But I it is transparent and its flying parameters is based on Clearview's edge 33%. It is so easy to fly. I wonder if this is real plane.

If you've a any of clearview's models or those from Ken that you think is closer to your model, I can easily use it as a base.

If you like, I can email to you this unfinished model while we develop it further. I am still trying to get solid colours into my Clearview models using blender.

However FMS model, no problem at all. However I don't like it as much as Clearview.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 01:14 AM
Joined Sep 2003
489 Posts
The attachment is a view of the P47c which uses the colour of P47D RC plane from the maker of your plane.

My wish list that I hope will be incorporated into the next versions are:

1. make the unpause key,not just any key, but any unprintable key such as "ESC", failing which, just the P key.

I need it to pause in order to take pictures.

2. Document all the keys on the menu itself, using the help. I had to try many times from f12 to f9 before I find the key to take pictures.

3. What the next projects for Clearview will be so that we can look forward to it, and do not need to waste our energy reasking for them.

We can also give feedback on what he is trying to do.

4. Clearview or any RC supplier must give an indication of the accuracy of their model and its flying characteristics, as well as the original manufacturer of these models and their equipments.

For example, Edge 540 33%/25%. It may be the most finely tuned and I notice that it is good and I would like to buy this machine if it were able to fly this way.

I doubt that all Edge 540 from different suppliers, made from different materials and equipped with different engines and radio and control equipment can behave exactly as this Clearview's RC models.

Having information, such as this, is most helpful and it should not cost much.

It helps to fire our dreams of flying like Pros.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 04:42 PM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
Oth;

Thanks a lot - PM the plane

Thanks
Terry
Old Dec 03, 2006, 04:50 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
All keys are docimented in the ClearView documentation - just go to the Help menu and click on the flight manual.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Dec 03, 2006, 05:13 PM
Joined Sep 2003
489 Posts
Quote:
Oth;

Thanks a lot - PM the plane

Thanks
Terry
I've 2 models already.

One,the large one at 1:1 scale, although I mentioned earlier that it was 1:10.

The smaller one is exported to .cob and edited with mqle21a just to add textures using pictures from your supplier's website. It appears smaller although I didn't do any scaling on it in mqle21a or blender.

It is directly imported to Clearview with its jpeg files. I don't think it will work with FMS. I don't even have an FMS par file for it but it can be exported to Clearview.

The large one uses Edge 33%, and the smaller one uses Edge25%( I believe). The flying behaviour is different from Clearview stock Edge 33% which means that Clearview can extract physical dimensions directly from its graphic files.

The next phase is to draw proper texture maps for all surfaces, using 2D drawing tools.

I shall PM to you both.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 05:23 PM
Joined Sep 2003
489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
All keys are docimented in the ClearView documentation - just go to the Help menu and click on the flight manual.

Stefan
I know that.That was the reason why I knew there was a key for taking pictures but in order to make Clearview even better, nothing wrong in publicising it on the program itself. After all, there is already a meny for it. Just add a few characters will do.

Trying a few keys is certainly much fastern than reading the flight manual, which literally what it is all about. I tried rereading it but gave up in favour of trial and error.

More wishlists before I forgot again:
1. Flight data information should be available, like FMS, such as
a)coordinates, which are already inherent.
b)calculated data which may be important for simulation itself so is already available: air speed, vertical speed, max acceleration(G)
In fact the more the better: rotation speed in all axies.

c) Physical data such as angle of attack, the deflection angles of all control surfaces.

All these should be made optional and need not be put on the menu system. You can even document them in the flight manual only. It is not for everyday use but important when fine tuning aircraft parameters.

You don't even need to display on screen. A file dump similar to flight record will do.

One attractive feature of any Flight sim is its realism but this realism needs tools in order to test and verify them. Subjective visual inspection is not sufficient.

Of course we may need to find ways to measure real planes characteristics but these are already available using radar gun and sound doppler effects. Sooner or later, in flight datga recording will be made available,which is already available for electrical data.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 05:44 PM
Joined Sep 2003
489 Posts
Here is the attachment of the smaller plane.
Old Dec 03, 2006, 07:35 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
is that sim better then PhoenixRC sim?

thankiu very much,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 04, 2006, 07:06 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
I think so, and it is $120 cheaper

EDIT: I am basing this on MY expeience and including price as a consideration.

TE
Last edited by TerryE; Dec 04, 2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2006, 09:13 AM
Joined Nov 2006
25 Posts
Quote:
I think so, and it is $120 cheaper
Terry - have you actually tried Phoenix? I only say this because I just simply cannot believe anyone would say that after trying both side by side!
Airtronic is offline Find More Posts by Airtronic
Old Dec 04, 2006, 09:41 AM
Glassman
Leesburg, VA
Joined Aug 2004
517 Posts
I have tried it. A buddy of mine owns it, and loves it.

In all honesty, I am much more familiar with CV, and its use. Phoenix is a great program, please do not get me wrong. For ME, and MY BUDGET I think CV is a better alternative.

If I had a BIG budget I would probably get Reflex... I don't and think that CV (for the money) is the best sim FOR ME.

... your mileage may vary
Old Dec 04, 2006, 11:21 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
Hi TerryE,

Can you please describe the flight model differences between ClearView and Phoenix ? I am interested in the flight simulation only.

Stefan
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz