Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 29, 2008, 07:29 AM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
I am close to release a beta version with the new flight model and two models set for it - Tribute and TRex450. In few days I will post it on a separate page. I am ***VERY*** happy how its coming along and hope I am not completelly delusional.

Stefan
ClearView RC
Sounds great! Especially the non delusional part .
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:08 AM
Hotep
UK
Joined Dec 2005
2,395 Posts
Hey Stefan , how it going, been a long time since i posted here.

Just want to say that i wish\hope that some kind of wind indicator will be included in the new re-write of CV, a few of us have been asking for this for over a yr, i know you work hard on CV and we do appreciate it, but as it windy regularly and i fly in wind regularly a wind indicator would be really useful.

As it stands now i dont bother even turning the wind on because i dont understand the menu and controls and no wind indicator just make me not want to bother.

Anyway, i still use CV most days practicing over & over. After 2.8 yrs i'd say my skill level now is mild 3D-medium 3D, which i've learned all moves on CV, i hope to get a vid out soon to show how far CV has taught me to fly Helis.

Some 600 Electric heli would be greatly appreciated too. Cough Logo-600 !

Peace
ShuNut is offline Find More Posts by ShuNut
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
Warren, Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
Hey Stefan , how it going, been a long time since i posted here.

Just want to say that i wish\hope that some kind of wind indicator will be included in the new re-write of CV, a few of us have been asking for this for over a yr, i know you work hard on CV and we do appreciate it, but as it windy regularly and i fly in wind regularly a wind indicator would be really useful.

As it stands now i dont bother even turning the wind on because i dont understand the menu and controls and no wind indicator just make me not want to bother.

Anyway, i still use CV most days practicing over & over. After 2.8 yrs i'd say my skill level now is mild 3D-medium 3D, which i've learned all moves on CV, i hope to get a vid out soon to show how far CV has taught me to fly Helis.

Peace
I agree that a wind indicator is needed in CV. IMHO - It's long overdue.
rckowal is offline Find More Posts by rckowal
Old Oct 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckowal
I agree that a wind indicator is needed in CV. IMHO - It's long overdue.

agree

wind sock dial , something

one of the only things in clearview I dont like

no wind indicator

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Oct 30, 2008, 04:26 AM
Piro-maniac
Aiken, SC
Joined Feb 2007
1,262 Posts
All right, Stephan - I'm ready for a 5.xbeta - it ain't no fun when it runs perfectly and there's no "strange anomalaies" to fix. BTW - that's a credit to your coding thus far. Simming for learning's sake is great, and CV is about as stable as a coax in the living room, but I'm an old school computer guy - gimme something to troubleshoot!
shizack is offline Find More Posts by shizack
Old Oct 31, 2008, 01:11 PM
Bridgeport, WV
Joined Jun 2002
428 Posts
Looking forward to the new version!

thanks Stefan...
bob
rpavich is offline Find More Posts by rpavich
Old Nov 04, 2008, 01:41 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz
Here is the deal:

No Tx "Idle Up" or "Throttle Hold" can be used to set these conditions because they do not affect any channel that can be detected on the computer - they just change the internal Tx state, so the Tx uses different throttle and pitch curve settings when entering these conditions. That is why you must use the keyboard keys to change Idle Up and Throttle Hold. Assign F1 to Idle Up On and F2 to Idle Up Off and F3 to throttle Hold On and F4 to throttle hold off and will work.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
Stefan, is this quote from you back in June still current today? Has there been a fix, or work-around created to allow the use of Throttle-Hold & Idle-up switches on any transmitters? Practicing autorotations using the keyboard stroke to apply throttle hold just doesn't work for me!

I love the program just need my switches to work! Any help with getting my sim-dedicated 6-channel ESky TX to work with switches yet? Any way to get my flight-dedicated DX6i to work with Clearview using the switches? Is there any known TX I can buy that can be configured to use the TH & IU switches with Clearview?

Thanks for a reply.
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Old Nov 04, 2008, 03:08 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,139 Posts
If you have available channels that are controlled via switches on the Tx and these channels are sent over by the USB cable and seen by ClearView, you can assign these channels to set the Throttle hold and Idle Up On/Off.

Stefan
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Nov 04, 2008, 03:10 PM
Toronto,Canada
Joined Jul 2002
435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut

I usually don't use wind, I'm still learning basic orientation (with helis), and my (real) HBFP can't fly in much more than about 5 mph wind anyway
(I have flown it for real in ~5-7 mph wind .. that's about as much as it and I could handle).

A wind would be a nice addition, but for now :

The basic wind controls (Wind speed m/s, and Wind Direction) are pretty easy to use. 1 meter/sec = ~ 2 mph (2.24).

For the RC fields that have runways (VacaValleyRC ,FremontRCField,LivermoreRCField), the "left" side of the ruway is North (0 / 360 degrees).

For "non runway" fields, you can use the "special mode" of the A-10 plane to tfind the x-z directions of the scenery. North is toward the increasing X coordinate. (http://clearviewrc.com/docs/CVCollision.html ... *NOTE* the docs say to load "any helicopter model for "collision mode", but as of ver 4.97, only the A10 plane works .... but you can copy any other model's "body.ac" file to the A-10\data directory and that model will show up as the "collision model' (It's also a way to have an uncrashable "orientation trainer" (works as a plane only though (doesn't move sideways / vertically etc)

If you set the windspeed at 10 m/s, (~22 mph most of the planes will "horizontal hover" with minimal throttle

Mike
MikeSt is offline Find More Posts by MikeSt
Old Nov 04, 2008, 03:25 PM
Still a n00b.
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMG2
Any way to get my flight-dedicated DX6i to work with Clearview using the switches?
It's actually fairly easy with a computer controller like the DX6i....

First, you'll need to have a USB adapter that supports all 6 channels from your TX. The GWS USB adapter does, the E-Sky (?) ones don't.

This is from memory, so you might need to fiddle a bit.
  • Set up the DX6i model as a heli, with a 90 swash.
  • In the throttle curves menu, set the throttle to a straight 0% setting for both normal and idle-up modes.
  • Also in the throttle curves menu, set the "Throttle Hold" to 100%.
  • In the gyro menu, set one gain to 0% and the other to 100%.
  • Also in the gyro menu, set the gyro mode switch from the normal gyro switch to the flight mode switch.
  • In Clearview, bind the Idle-Up function to the gyro gain channel. (Which will now toggle between 0 and 100 using the flight mode switch.)
  • Bind the Throttle Hold function to the throttle channel, which toggles between 0 and 100 using the throttle hold switch.
  • Bind the Clearview Throttle/Collective function to the pitch channel.
Done.

grnbrg.
grnbrg is offline Find More Posts by grnbrg
Old Nov 04, 2008, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stramba
I usually don't use wind, I'm still learning basic orientation (with helis), and my (real) HBFP can't fly in much more than about 5 mph wind anyway
(I have flown it for real in ~5-7 mph wind .. that's about as much as it and I could handle).

A wind would be a nice addition, but for now :

The basic wind controls (Wind speed m/s, and Wind Direction) are pretty easy to use. 1 meter/sec = ~ 2 mph (2.24).

For the RC fields that have runways (VacaValleyRC ,FremontRCField,LivermoreRCField), the "left" side of the ruway is North (0 / 360 degrees).

For "non runway" fields, you can use the "special mode" of the A-10 plane to tfind the x-z directions of the scenery. North is toward the increasing X coordinate. (http://clearviewrc.com/docs/CVCollision.html ... *NOTE* the docs say to load "any helicopter model for "collision mode", but as of ver 4.97, only the A10 plane works .... but you can copy any other model's "body.ac" file to the A-10\data directory and that model will show up as the "collision model' (It's also a way to have an uncrashable "orientation trainer" (works as a plane only though (doesn't move sideways / vertically etc)

If you set the windspeed at 10 m/s, (~22 mph most of the planes will "horizontal hover" with minimal throttle

Mike
Another way to find the wind direction is to see where the smoke is blowing.

Stefan

Stefan
Old Nov 04, 2008, 09:06 PM
United States, MO, Sikeston
Joined Oct 2002
193 Posts
I have been unable to torgue roll any 3d plane I have tried. It seems not to have enough aileron controll. What would I need to adjust in the advanced set up and what settings do I need to increase????? I see the same thing with rolls in horizontal flight. they do not roll like the real thing
ml0126 is offline Find More Posts by ml0126
Old Nov 04, 2008, 09:22 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,139 Posts
The planes have plenty aileron authority. I suspect your controller is not calibrated. Make sure you have full travel - go to Windows Game Controllers screen and calibrate the controller.

Stefan
Old Nov 04, 2008, 09:47 PM
United States, MO, Sikeston
Joined Oct 2002
193 Posts
My controller is calibrated in Windows. If I calibrate in Clearview, I lose 50% of the throttle. It will not calibrate in Clearview but i do have 100% travel in Windows. I have a lot of simmering. So much so that the top of plane will look like the bottom making orientaion tough
ml0126 is offline Find More Posts by ml0126
Old Nov 04, 2008, 11:16 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,812 Posts
EDIT: Found the answer I was looking for.
RMG2 is offline Find More Posts by RMG2
Last edited by RMG2; Nov 05, 2008 at 12:35 AM.