SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by grumman5277, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:30 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Discussion
Horizon hobby Smash 1/18 rc truck

Purchased this little truck for my nephew. Was not sure until I got a good look at it ,I noticed there are a lot of similar parts to the Losi Mini-T. They share the same chassis as well as most of the suspension ,driver train components. Side by side will show minor differences.

We played around with the included 4 cell AA battery holder and included alkaline cells. Bearing in mind this is a beginner setup its was maybe 10mph. It does have steering throw adjustment on the transmitter as well as a digital servo.The run time was maybe 6 to 8 min.

I ran out to walmart and looked over the rechargeable cells and found one that stated it could be charged in 15 to 30 min. They are energizer 2300mah cells.I purchased 12 cells and soldered up 2 saddle packs just like the upgrade packs available. The difference from 4 cells to 6 cell is huge not to mention 20+ min. driving at near WOT.I did a few sample charges one at 1c and the other at 2c. The batteries were about 115F at 2c charge rate(4.6A).
I changed it to 4A and takes about 25min from drained.

All in all he is pleased with the new truck and we even added some headlights made from stip leds. I will be buying another one and possibly looking into a brushless setup.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Last edited by grumman5277; Feb 09, 2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: new info added
to remove ads between posts