HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2008, 01:51 PM
Joined Nov 2008
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
I use a 10x3.8 APC or a 9x4.7 APC slow flyer.
I ordered the electrifly 10x4.5 props. Hopefully these aren't too much. It's hard to judge without a watt meter. One more question I had was whether or not you all use 3 drops of thin ca per side on each hinge. This seems like alot of ca, and I don't want it to be too stiff. I appreciate the help.
ally1405 is offline Find More Posts by ally1405
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:43 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,288 Posts
I use one drop. The 10x4.7 prop will work in warmer weather--I like the 10x3.8 for cooler weather so I don't overdraw the battery. The plane has an excess of power anyhow.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My latest blog entry.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 04:38 AM
Brussel
Joined Nov 2005
451 Posts
Hi guys,

Do you think the recommended rimefire could turn a 10*4 wood prop ??

Thank you

Rémi
twinflandres is offline Find More Posts by twinflandres
Old Jan 06, 2009, 09:14 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,288 Posts
I am sure the Rimfire could turn a 10x4 wood prop. The APC slow flyer props are what I use. The DVII will often nose over on landing--my guess is a wood prop would not last too long before you break it in a landing.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My latest blog entry.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:37 PM
Salisbury N.C.
Joined Apr 2008
277 Posts
You will break the motor mount and/or the firewall before you break a 10-4 wooden prop with this plane.
Rodl is offline Find More Posts by Rodl
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:44 PM
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinflandres
Hi guys,

Do you think the recommended rimefire could turn a 10*4 wood prop ??

Thank you

Rémi
I used a xoar 10x4 and it worked great, but after nosing over half a dozen times I switched back to apc.
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Old Jan 06, 2009, 08:54 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily
I am sure the Rimfire could turn a 10x4 wood prop. The APC slow flyer props are what I use. The DVII will often nose over on landing--my guess is a wood prop would not last too long before you break it in a landing.

I finally broke down and ordered one of these today and I'm really looking forward to flying it but I'm worried about it nosing over on landing. I hope they don't do that on pavement too?
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Jan 08, 2009, 10:15 AM
Joined Oct 2007
33 Posts
They will only nose over on grass (taller grass). Asphalt or concrete runways are fine as is packed dirt and short grass.

B-T-W, I used a motor from BPHobbies in mine. Motor and ESC combined were 1/2 of the RimFire alone from GP.

I like this plane alot and I'm now looking to get an Allied partner to fly with it.
Canamflyer is offline Find More Posts by Canamflyer
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:55 AM
Joined Sep 2007
5 Posts
Mines on the way.I noticed the Rimfire has three piont mounting.Most of the motors I own have four point mounting. I guess I have to make a motor mount.Right? Thanks for all the great help so far.
flyboy49Mo is offline Find More Posts by flyboy49Mo
Old Jan 13, 2009, 04:07 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,204 Posts
Hi Flyboy, if you need a mount give me a call(PM). I had a bunch laser cut and sell them for $1.50.They will be on our web site in few weeks when we launch with a new host.This is one installed on my Camel.
Scott
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:12 PM
Salisbury N.C.
Joined Apr 2008
277 Posts
The plane comes with a supplied ply motor mount.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:13 PM
Salisbury N.C.
Joined Apr 2008
277 Posts
For the Rimfire...sorry I left that out.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 07:41 PM
Gill, MA
Joined Apr 2006
213 Posts
I also picked up this plane and I am in the process of getting the recomended system for it. As far as the props go, I went to ballance the GP prop (10x4.5)
and it is so far off that just for a test, I glued a small washer to the heavy side of the hub and it still won't ballance. The blades are level but the hole is off center. Would I be better off going with another brand of prop or try picking up another GP 10x4.5 ? If I go with the APC 10x3.8 is that going to hurt its performance in a big way or what ? Remember, evrything else is what was recomended.
Thanks

Greg
deerdad is offline Find More Posts by deerdad
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:28 AM
Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdad
I also picked up this plane and I am in the process of getting the recomended system for it. As far as the props go, I went to ballance the GP prop (10x4.5)
and it is so far off that just for a test, I glued a small washer to the heavy side of the hub and it still won't ballance. The blades are level but the hole is off center. Would I be better off going with another brand of prop or try picking up another GP 10x4.5 ? If I go with the APC 10x3.8 is that going to hurt its performance in a big way or what ? Remember, evrything else is what was recomended.
Thanks

Greg
I use APC 10x4.7 props and am very happy with both the performance and the ease of balancing. Using a Top Flite magnetic balancer, the ones I've tried have usually needed only a quick spray of clear coat on one blade and some have balanced fine right out of the bag.

Dennis
Dennis48 is offline Find More Posts by Dennis48
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:24 AM
United States, MA, Wareham
Joined Dec 2002
215 Posts
Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Hi Flyboy, if you need a mount give me a call(PM). I had a bunch laser cut and sell them for $1.50.They will be on our web site in few weeks when we launch with a new host.This is one installed on my Camel.
Scott
Scott:

Can you tell me how to go about buying one of these mounts for my Scorpion S 2215 22 motor which I intend to use on this plane. The Scorpion has a four hole mount pattern, which as best as I can tell, is on a 5/8 inch bolt circle.

Thanks,

Frank
frdeluca1 is offline Find More Posts by frdeluca1