HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:45 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage1
I think the key thing that someone has pointed out is that the motor didn't cut. ALL ESC's will go low throttle on loss of signal..if the motor kept going, it was getting signal.

Which means that most of the transmitter was working..or someone elses on the same frequency was, anyway.

Sounds like a subtle problem in the transmitter..might be low batteries, might be a fault - and a hard to find, intermittent and expensive one.

I would at this point toss the transmitter, and get a new one.
Thanks for all the suggestions. FWIW, the batteries in the HITEC Tx are rechargeable shrink wrap type, and the battery meter was showing power was well in the green zone. VINTAGE1, I think you have the best idea. Cause the motor was running, it must have gotten a signal, and somehow the rest of the signals werent getting thru. It may have been something was jamming it, but its probably time for a new Tx... Its 11 years old...

As far as the Rx goes, I'll give it the advantage of the doubt. Its about 10 years younger than the Tx, and I seem to have good luck with Futaba and GWS receivers.
craddojc is offline Find More Posts by craddojc
to remove ads between posts