Closed Thread
Old Jan 06, 2007, 03:20 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
I tried their website, it was pretty sad. No contact info. No selection of goods online. I guess I´ll pass.
They're not doing any online sales til after the move. It's in-store only
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2007, 02:06 AM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Perry rocks at Aeromico the only problem now is his reduced hours since he is short staffed lately.

I've been to Sheldon's, nothing to write home about and I'm sure a good deal of folks won't miss the guy nor the place at all.
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Jan 07, 2007, 09:42 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
They're not doing any online sales til after the move. It's in-store only
thanks Brian,
Guess I won´t be buying anything there!!
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old Jan 07, 2007, 04:24 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,739 Posts
Are they closing or moving? If they are closing, then I'd guess Perry has put the hurts to them? But I would figure there'd be room for both of them, as AeroMicro is electric flying only, no cars or gas stuff, which is where Sheldons maybe would cover for him.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2007, 09:57 PM
-_-
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2005
828 Posts
At 60% off they could tell me to sit & spin
you will never see prices like these again
E-MO is offline Find More Posts by E-MO
Old Jan 08, 2007, 10:43 AM
Westside, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2006
536 Posts
are they still open?

I am thinking of going today!
matter_daddy is offline Find More Posts by matter_daddy
Old Jan 08, 2007, 12:24 PM
San Jose California
Joined Oct 2005
121 Posts
Yes they are still open. They will be moving at the end of the month. I have literally spent about $1000 there since they started at 20% and now 60%. Pretty sweet buying things that show on the register $319 then after the cashier hits the button it show like $120... Now I have projects of planes, cars, boats, motors, ESC's, batteries & radios to last for several years.
joystix2 is offline Find More Posts by joystix2
Old Jan 08, 2007, 04:42 PM
Joined Jul 2006
9 Posts
I just wish you guys would quit talking about this sale...cause I am SOOOO jealous!

Susan
susantd is offline Find More Posts by susantd
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:24 PM
United States, TN, Blountville
Joined Oct 2002
3,575 Posts
Would love to pickup a HOB Chipmunk if they had it but they won't answer their phone...gets to the store hours and abruptly clicks and that's it.
Any body local want to serve as middle man?

RAFster
Davdi
RAFster is offline Find More Posts by RAFster
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:09 PM
Shelby Township, MI
Joined Feb 2002
76 Posts
sheldon's

i've bought from sheldon's in the past but they became so incredibly rude and uncooperative/unhelpful to deal with that i would'n't buy a thing from them. I'd rather give (and have done so) more money to a business that gives decent customer service
sgilkey is offline Find More Posts by sgilkey
Old Jan 16, 2007, 03:21 AM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Sounds about right. I wonder if Sheldon will find someone to offer up space for the price he is willing to pay.

fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Jan 16, 2007, 07:15 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,739 Posts
Maybe it was already posted, but WHERE are they moving to? Has anybody at the store disclosed that...or perhaps if they're moving for a bigger storefront or a better location?
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:04 AM
Westside, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2006
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFster
Would love to pickup a HOB Chipmunk if they had it but they won't answer their phone...gets to the store hours and abruptly clicks and that's it.
Any body local want to serve as middle man?

RAFster
Davdi

I was there a few days ago and all the electric planes are gone, just some gas kits!
matter_daddy is offline Find More Posts by matter_daddy
Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:01 AM
Modesto CA
Joined Jan 2005
48 Posts
I went there today, not much electric stuff left. I did manage to spend $288 after the 60% discount though!@#! Holy Cr_p! Couldn't resist.

There were mostly kits left and a few larger gas arf's. I bought a sig LT25, LT 40, and several Ace Simple kits. There were lots of HOB mustang kits and a few others but I didn't see any chipmunk kits.

They did have quite a few Tanic 10-12 C lipos that were a good deal if you can use these. I plan to use the 3 cell 2150 10C's in parallel for some of my bigger planes. A good deal at just over $20 each. I've been using common sense rc 8C and these are cheaper and are 10C.

The cashier said that Sunday is the last day and they are moving about three blocks down the street.

I do see what you guys mean about their customer service and attitude though. The guy behind the counter acted like it was quite an imposition to help anyone.
dhflyer is offline Find More Posts by dhflyer
Closed Thread