SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by JoeR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 08:21 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Wanted
1:10 scale electric 2WD stadium truck- need 2

I my 6 year old son and I would like to give RC cars a try. The LHS sponsors 1:10 scale indoor races on carpet in the winter and there are classes for 2WD electric trucks/buggies. They run 1:18 scale also but the 1:10 scale seems more universal and better suited for running outside in the grass and dirt in the summer. My son seems to prefer the look of the trucks.

I am not sure of his long term interest level (nor mine for that matter as I am an aircraft guy) so we would like to start out with some used equipment.

Knowing that just one truck is no fun so I am looking to find two trucks that are as similar as possible. Certainly the same brand/model car so we can have one stock pile of replacement parts. I know that makes my search more difficult but I thought I would post it anyway.

I can pay cash or I have some electric planes and helis, brushless motors, ESCs, etc. I can trade.

I will give a list of my preferences just to throw them out there. I know I won't find the perfect two set-ups at a price my wife will allow (hence the used request) but we will see what comes up.

1. Brand- from the limited amount of research I have done it seems Losi and Associated are good widely available and recommended brands so I will stick with either of those.

2. I would prefer to get 2.4 ghz radios because of the huge benefits they provide regarding channels. My son and I went to the races last weekend and it sure seemed to be a hassle to impound transmitters, etc for those that used the "old" technology.

3. I would prefer brushless motors/esc. Castle Creations to be specific. I tried to use a brushed car motor in a heli a couple years ago and hated the maintenance required. If I were to be really specific I would list a Mamba Max 5700 setup as a preference.

As I said, I don't expect to find everything as listed but I thought I would at least put it out there and see what happens. Any or all of the above would be great. A rolling chassis (or two), 2.4ghz radio, BL motor/esc as separates would be fine also.

PM or e-mail me if you have anything to offer. THANKS!
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Last edited by JoeR; Nov 16, 2006 at 05:43 AM. Reason: fix wording
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:01 AM
Joined Oct 2006
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
hello i have 2-3 envader pros st. check my ads on here and rcu under same name since i have one listed already the other 2 r in good shape also they can be sold as rollers for cheaper and these trucks do rock i also race around here and have one with them before it really does not matter on the brand so much as it does with the driver and duratrax is a good brand and parts r easy to get towerhobbies.com has a whole list for cheap but anyways just lmk thanks and have fun with your boy as i do with mine and he also races with me and just loves it
rcheadcrazy is offline Find More Posts by rcheadcrazy
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:44 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
rcheadcrazy- sent a PM.

Still looking. Thanks!
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Closed Thread