HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:25 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Fabian, I still think you ought to vac form the small fuselages (T-rex size and below) Seems like it would be more cost effective. I started with fiberglass but it was so time consuming and messy plus the body was actually more fragile than the plastic bodies, especially being thin and kept light enough to be a good flyer. Im always open to the offer you made in another post. as far as how the body will look really all depends on the molds.

Just realized Im over 3000 posts
Darthdrk is a master in the vacuum forming world Fabien. He would make a great business partner and distributor for North America for all your fine planned products.

Hey Ed - Congrats on the 3K+ milestone. Don't know haw you do it and run your business as well as you do.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
Major USAF
Retired
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2007, 06:15 PM
E-Copter
Paris / Nice, France
Joined Aug 2002
2,091 Posts
Hi Guys,

so to put things clear bout the quality of our molds...
We work from original 3D Cads from the real heli manufacturers.
For this, we are involved in alicensee programm, and we have to follow some rules before and after releasing a model.
First of all, there are royalties to pay. Some people will find this weird, but on my side,i'm happy with this as i have full support from the aircraft manufacturer and all the necessary informations to make great stuff. And i can use the names, trademarks, and get helped for interiors stuffs ( seats and others) + paint schemes.

Then, we work the datas with Powershape software to make teh fuselage ready for scale models.

HEre, this is just a DRAFT, i mean we wuickly milled at max speed to save time some 120 density foam just to look it the mechanics was fiting ok and if the scale was fine. We liked the foamy sooo much that we did not resist in prepare the foam surface and make a quick negative mold on it, to make the fuselages you see.
Now that we have validated the shape and cut points, we have launched the real mold milling, in high grade hardware. We made it in semi- permanent medium hardware, wich will allow is to create up to 200 fuselages inside without loosing in quality if we use the molds correctly.

About vacuum: yep, that is a cool thing, but our fuselages are made to get some special frames for the dragonus ( a cheapo conversion kit that will be available later) and get the mechanics in the top of the roof + batteries under the floor, with interior scale front, and rear.
So with Vacuum, that will not be easy.

My main problem is that by beeing licensed, i have to validate each step of the production and final product with Bell Helicotpers.

I can make vaccum finger in the nose for cheap fuselages, and sort out something with Darth, but before i need to see if Bell tewtron will be ok for that, and if yes, then i'll have to ask Darth to sign a subcontractor paper as i will need to know quantities sold in order to pay the relevant royalties to BEll HElicotpers.

So my proposal is still in the air, but i need first to lauch some different models and let time for the fuselage to gain (i hope) good reputation, and then i 'll be able to offer the vaccuum models for cheaper prices and have Dart,h why not, making them directly in US with a partnership.

But the molds we cnc mill are very expensive, and i have royalties to pay. I will never complaint regarding that matter, but another important fact is the insurance. To reproduce legally real aircraft fuselage, the insurance you need to hold is very, very, very big. BEcasue the customer, if he crash on someone, can have the guy coplaining not to him, not to the manufacturer ( me), but to Bell HElicopters simply becasue there will be BEll HElicopters on the fuselage written. IN that case guarantees asked by Bell are very tight ( and that is fully normal). For me it is ok as i can absorb the insurance cost with the 1/4 scale models, and fiberglass models, but for any partner, his insurance needs to be as requested by the licensor,and this are matters that need to bed carefullyu discussed.

Anyway, i'll release these fuselages first in FG and i will have them numbered and signed, and then depending on how the sales go, i'll be able to decide if a vacuum model shall be released or not. IN that case, i'll be happy to Have Darth burning plastic sheets on my molds in USa ( lol) and if something an be setup then i'll do it.

Ok that looks terribly straight and difficult, but i choosed to make things fully legal since the begining and up to now, this is waht allowed my business ot to collapse and to get fantastic informations to provide my customer, i think, the most accurates shapes on the market at this scale ( and any other scale i would decide to make).

OK i'm going back to work, i'm preparing Nuremberg Expo ( i will be there with A2pro) and i need to finalize the scale frames for the Draognus and the new special gear ( Daviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid where are youuuuuuuuuuu ? lol !!).

BEst regards,

i'l post informations very soon on the final model

Fabien
Bricobrac is offline Find More Posts by Bricobrac
Old Jan 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Thanks for the education on the process Fabien. I have my Dragonus II ready for your multi blade head upgrades and the Bell body. Just let me know when you'll have a combo ready for review. This is very exciting and I really like being in on the front end of these product innovations. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers - Boyd
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:57 AM
E-Copter
Paris / Nice, France
Joined Aug 2002
2,091 Posts
Hi Guys,

freshly unmolded, the new final pre serial version , with CNC milled mold in strong medium semi-permanent ( fuse is fiberglass, white gelcoat).

the fuselage on top of pics is the new one, bottom is the draft one.

Now we are working on the fins, antenna, scale landing gears....

Best regards,

Fabien

Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:16 AM
Vampyre Inc
Rochester, New York
Joined Nov 2004
2,562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricobrac
Hi Guys,

so to put things clear bout the quality of our molds...
We work from original 3D Cads from the real heli manufacturers.
For this, we are involved in alicensee programm, and we have to follow some rules before and after releasing a model.
First of all, there are royalties to pay....
Fabien

great looking fuse....
It is nice to see honest vendors. thanks for doing the right thing...
HoverDown3K is offline Find More Posts by HoverDown3K
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
:-) The toy fair is just around the corner ;-)
superdave42 is offline Find More Posts by superdave42
Old Jan 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Droooooooooooooooll, Drooooooooooooooooll. That is so great!!!
Old Feb 07, 2007, 01:41 AM
Brunei Darussalam
Joined Mar 2003
555 Posts
Fabien,
So what happened to this thread? Are you still building or have stoped.
shim is offline Find More Posts by shim
Old Feb 07, 2007, 05:30 AM
E-Copter
Paris / Nice, France
Joined Aug 2002
2,091 Posts
HEllo,

i am still building but i was at Nuremberg Toy Fair all teh week
Just came back this morning in France and will be back home next week...
We are adjusting now the matching parts ( front and rear fuse) and looking for the landing gears scale ( Fins are done now).
YOu can see one quickly painted fuse on my website (www.e-copter.com/portal), pleae just go in " Events " section on teh left menu and look in Nuremberg, you will recognize the Dragonus helis and the Blue BEll 429

I'll keep you updated within 2 weeks as i'm struggling under work right now, but no worries, the Bell 429 arrives in Dragonus and 1/5 size as well very, very soon..

Thanks for your interrest,

Fabien
Old Feb 07, 2007, 08:16 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Fabien - Your link took me to this..............

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /portal) on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.e-copter.com Port 80
Old Feb 07, 2007, 10:47 AM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
oops website is being updated, should be fixed soon.
Old Feb 07, 2007, 10:51 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Thanks Superdave420
Old Feb 07, 2007, 11:06 AM
Gimbaled
morgan hill california
Joined May 2004
3,295 Posts
I will post some images here in a couple mins
Old Feb 12, 2007, 06:42 PM
E-Copter
Paris / Nice, France
Joined Aug 2002
2,091 Posts
Hi guys,

yep the website has been down for 24 hours last day, i made a little error with some PHP scripts and the hosting company thought it was Hacking atempt lol !!!!
So they did remove public permissions on the www folder
Has been fixed the day after, i promess i'll not play again with PHP scripts

BEst rgeards,

Fabien