SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Buzz Bomb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 06:21 AM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Discussion
SPAD BobCat

After much thought I have decided to try and build a SPAD Bobcat. Something like the picture below. What prompted me to do this was the fact that I received a free .46 glo engine from a club member. I also have been wanting to delve deeper into airplane design and aerodynamics. And...I also wanted to create something original, just to see if I can.

I have a lot to do before I get started. Mainly I need to figure out how I am going to build the wing and integrate the rudder into it. I want this plane to be light, but I also want it to be strong. I will be using aluminum U channel for the internal structure of the fuse. I am thinking of using carbon fiber for the wing spar.

I think it will be difficult to make the nose cone from coroplast. But I have some ideas.

Feel free to offer input into this design. I have seen a lot of ingenious designs over the last few years. None of which I thought up.

I am estimating this will take over a month to do. Just because I'm slow and like to get things just right.
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
to remove ads between posts