SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by SpltdBalsa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 09:40 AM
Joined Oct 2006
14 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Found
Looking for a balsa trainer Built, Arf, or easy to build Kit

Ok I am looking for my first plane. Anyone of the following would be fine as I am trying to keep the plane somewhat small. And also somewhat cheap to setup for flying.

Stevens aero model planes:

Diddlebug, Diddlerod, or Squirt 400

Mountain models planes:

Dandy, Smoothe with the slowfly wing

Clancy aviation planes:

Yardbee, or the Babybee

Molt Models:

Tyro

I'd like to try to keep the price to somehwere around $50 or cheaper with shipping. I don't need the electronics or anything as I'll pick that stuff up once I get the plane. And decide how I want to set everything up. Probably as cheap as possible to start.

Would be nice to find something built, or and arf if possible. But an easy to build kit would be fine to.

Ok thanks for looking and let me know if you have anything.
SpltdBalsa is offline Find More Posts by SpltdBalsa
Last edited by SpltdBalsa; Nov 12, 2006 at 12:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2006, 09:52 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,600 Posts
Trader Rating: 123
The Stevens Aero Model planes are very easy builds. You should give one a shot. You can cover them with tissue or saran wrap if you don't have a covering iron for the plastic films.

Any indoor flying in Jackson??
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:15 AM
San Antonio, Texas
Joined Apr 2002
199 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Hi SpltdBalsa,
I have a Voltimer Kit available if you are interested. I have provided a link below with some info and pics. I would like $50 shipped in the US. Let me know if you are interestred. Thanks Roel

http://www.hobbyhangar.co.uk/catalog...ew.php?pid=172
rvillegachapa is offline Find More Posts by rvillegachapa
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:35 AM
Joined Oct 2006
14 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Thanks for the offer on the plane but I am trying to find something closer to whats on my list for the moment. If I can't I'll get back to ya.

Tim as far as the indoor flying in Jackson yeah there is some here's a link to the Jackson RC club site that has the dates and stuff on it. It's only updated with a schedule of events year by year. I am pretty sure there is always more indoor flying after x-mas.

http://jrcc.netfirms.com/2006/01-November-2006.html

Also I may end up building one of those kits you suggested if I can't find something here. I was curious if the saran wrap idea would work. I had seen something posted somewhere about it before but wasn't sure how to go about doing it.
SpltdBalsa is offline Find More Posts by SpltdBalsa
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:55 AM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,412 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Dandy Sport is a super easy build and there is one currently for sale here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595327
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
Joined Oct 2006