Closed Thread
Old Jan 07, 2009, 07:19 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarluck
Last spring i built the apogee sport and loved the build and this past fall i started learning foamcutting/bagging and my thought was to build a few apogee [foam wings] for my apogee sport fuze.

My first wing had way to my epoxy but I have west system epoxy now and a homemade fish bowl vacuum pump and some mylar and my lastest wing promisses to be much lighter.

Im calling it an apogee but its not even the same airfoil! I have followed a bit of my own design idea and used the 04 ag foil for the entire span .

I love the idea of learning and flying and the small wings keep the expenses down.

My Bug has evolved into a bug-apogee with composite wings,,although heavy ,it flies well ,,just not for dlg!!
I think a bagged wing for the Apogee Sport would work well, we use to produce the Apogee 400, which is now the Apogee Elite

One other advantage for a 40, the wing strikes virtually go away a painful experience and costly

Jose
Jose E Bruzual is offline Find More Posts by Jose E Bruzual
Last edited by jeb; Jan 07, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2009, 07:33 PM
John255
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence).
Old Jan 07, 2009, 07:46 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Guys I just wanted to make note of our first post, of which we are very proud and the numerous supporters of our products

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb
update: 4/6/2007

THIS IS NOT THE BUILDING MANUAL, THIS FORUM SHOWS THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS OF THE APOGEE SPORT - FOR THE BUILDING MANUAL PLEASE VISIT http://www.flyecm.com/Documentation/AS/default.asp

USE THIS FORUM TO SHARE YOU BUILDING EXPERIENCE, SHARE IDEAS AND CLARIFY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BUILD...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Enduro Composite Models (ECM) is exited to announce a new kit that is in final development, the Apogee Sport. The Apogee Sport is a 40” span micro-DLG with balsa pod and built-up D-Box wing. This will be a complete kit, and although we have not finalized a kit cost yet, it is already apparent that it will be quite affordable.

Scheduled for release in mid to late December, this fully laser cut balsa model is a unique adaptation from the original Mark Drela Apogee design. Much like the Apogee 400, it has been adapted for full DLG or SAL with a slightly longer pod to accommodate gear, carbon reinforcement for added strength, a wide D-Box for increased torsional strength, and a higher rib count to maintain airfoil integrity. The original deign has also been re-engineered for laser cutting and rapid building. The structural design is based on in-house expertise, standard practices, and collaboration between the original designer, test builders, and business partners.

A good friend and accomplished hobbyist, Jack Stephens, will be building the prototypes in this forum. Jack and ECM have been collaborating on this model for the past five months. To help make the Apogee Sport a better product, I really hope that you will participate in this thread.

Included are a few diagrams of the new Apogee Sport. With that, I’ll let Jack get started on the build.

Thank you,
Jose E. Bruzual
ECM

www.flyecm.com
Old Jan 08, 2009, 12:29 PM
Pensacola, FL, USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,235 Posts
What antenna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbhead
I've been using a base-loaded antenna on a berg RX for a couple years now on a different 40" dlg with no problems. I plan on doing the same on my apogee. mark
Mark,
Does "base loaded" mean the Berg has a base loading coil built-in the circuit board, or are you using some sort of a loading coil and a length of wire?

Also, based on your experience how long will the antenna be that you plan for the Apogee?
Regards,
John255
John255 is offline Find More Posts by John255
Old Jan 08, 2009, 12:47 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
Apogee Sport owners, after careful consideration I have decided to close this thread and let things cool off for a while, and since when we started the introduction of our product we have learned of other features offered by RCG, where this forum (HL) is intended for the public, a product introduction and guide is fits a little better on our blog

We will be parking the Apogee Sport thread on my blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980520

Thank you all and apologize for the inconvenience

Jose E. Bruzual
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:59 AM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
I have received many requests for the Apogee Sport and its status. The Apogee Sport will be redesign to incorporate some basic improvements and take it to the next level. Currently I am focusing on the Apogee Elite production, and the redesign of the Apogee Sport will take place over the summer and have it the new release for early fall

Please, help us keep this thread focus on my initial intend by not allowing hijackers

Thank you

Jose E. Bruzual
Closed Thread