Closed Thread
Old Nov 10, 2006, 09:39 PM
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Careful!
Beware of RCGroups member "Silent" - scammer alert

This information is in regards to a thread I posted, alerting members to the theft of my trailer, foamy, and 40% Extra, worth many thousands of dollars. The RC hobby has a good bunch of guys, but unfortunately those that would take advantage of other's misfortune are a part of it. One of those people is Ahmed, or "Silent" on RCGroups. It should be noted there is a member "Silent" on Flying Giants and RCU, both of which are different people than Ahmed. The following information was also posted on my trailer thread, but I am starting this thread to warn everyone to not trust a word that user "Silent" says, because he has no integrity and has no problem with extortion. Here is a brief summary of what has happened over the past several days:

On Tuesday evening, I received a call from an Ahmed, giving a credible-sounding story about him coming in posession of my airplane. This conversation lasted twenty minutes, in which he explained to me that he was expecting a payment in exchange for information on where the airplane was being kept. After getting some information from him, I hung up and got in contact with the police station that is currently handling my case. Shortly after that, Ahmed left another message on my phone saying if I didn't pay the money that the airplane would be parted out. Over the next couple of days, the police have been using their resources to learn more about Ahmed, or "Silent". On Wednesday evening, I received another call from Ahmed, specifically stating that he had my airplane and demanding $7,500 for it. This conversation was recorded on my voice recorder, and I will be posting it on this board when I return from my trip. After this conversation, I sent a PM to Silent (Ahmed), asking for proof that he had my plane. This is his response:

Re: airplane

After this response, I sent another PM to him explaining my position of needing proof before sending him the money he wanted, and that it was not a negotiable item. His response:

I sent a final email to him, explaining to either come forward about not having the plane, or provide proof he had it. His response:

I'm afraid you are the one, "not getting it". You are the one with the deadline, meanwhile I do loops in the sky. Your threat is of no concern; show all of this to the members here. I have your plane and I would be delighted to keep it. If I crash it, no loss for me.

Silent.

It was at this point that I decided that Ahmed would not be doing the honorable thing and admitting what he has done has been a hoax. He was in full understanding that I would be posting this information for all to see that he is not a person of honor, and for other modelers to be wary of anything he says. Additionally, he has been given the chance to stop his hoax before I take matters up with the police, and decided not to. Because of his uncooperative nature, my case at the police department will be sent to the fraud department, as they take extortion very seriously. Having recently lost many thousands of dollars worth of equipment, I take it seriously as well. Sorry Ahmed, you had a chance to quit while you were ahead.
flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by flyfalcons
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2006, 09:46 PM
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
Here is a link to the trailer thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=592358&pp=15

It has been bad enough losing my trailer and equipment this week, but receiving ransom calls from Ahmed has made this week even worse.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
Sorry to hear of the insult added to your injury. Hope they find all responsible parties soon.

Will
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:06 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,191 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Wow..... Ryan... go after this dude. This is like major extortion here.. not to mention fraud, grand-theft, among other things. This guys a nut. He either doesn't know how serious this is.. or he's just too stupid to realize it.
There are GPS devices you can install.. similar to GM cars ONSTAR. Kind of like finding someone using thier IP addy when they've posted to certain websites... .. ya know... it's all traceable. GO GET 'EM.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
Suspended Account
New York City
Joined May 2005
698 Posts
it was JUST A PRANK CALL im only 12!! i was just joking around with my friend!! i was never going to rake in 7, 000 i never meant it!! please.. im sorry.
Silent is offline Find More Posts by Silent
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:16 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,768 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
Oh boy...
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:21 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,191 Posts
I meant it... and this pisses me off to no end. If it were me, or 100,000 other users here... I'd take this to the FULL extent of the law.. regardless!!!! No mearcy here folks.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
Suspended Account
Greenview,IL
Joined Feb 2006
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant
I meant it... and this pisses me off to no end. If it were me, or 100,000 other users here... I'd take this to the FULL extent of the law.. regardless!!!! No mearcy here folks.
I agree some what, the only bad thing is that the parents will have to suffer not him. Being 12 you should still know that this stuff is not taken lightly!
Water Boy is offline Find More Posts by Water Boy
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:24 PM
**Me want wingys**
United States, MN, Winona
Joined Apr 2004
220 Posts
tisk tisk tisk......... That was the -last- thing ryan needed to hear....
<><><><>No mearcy <><><><>
youyou is offline Find More Posts by youyou
Last edited by youyou; Nov 10, 2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
it was JUST A PRANK CALL im only 12!! i was just joking around with my friend!! i was never going to rake in 7, 000 i never meant it!! please.. im sorry.
12... OK... that means Juvenile court... and for extortion they can toss you into a juvenile detention center until you are 18. I doubt they'll try you as an adult (if you really are 12...) But, I sincerely hope they bring the full force of the applicable charges.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:38 PM
I broke my kerpellor.
Salt Lake City
Joined Sep 2004
2,430 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
Heh. Yeah, a prank is to call Mo's bar and ask for Hugh Jass. Not break several laws...
Artemetra is offline Find More Posts by Artemetra
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:42 PM
Bonney Lake, WA
Joined Jan 2002
788 Posts
Generally, a prank call ends with some laughing and hanging up. This was several calls and messages, with no admittance of a hoax until I exposed what he has been doing.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:45 PM
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,887 Posts
I bet he is not 12.
California Condor is online now Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:45 PM
Chicago O, Illinois, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,450 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Uh-oh. Someone's in trouble...
Spongebob is offline Find More Posts by Spongebob
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:48 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,191 Posts
Speak for yourself youyou. I'm not going to comment any further.. but I have no tolerance for
#1. Thieves.
#2. Someone that intervenes in such a way as this "Silent" character did, even if he's not the perpatrator of the crime(who knows really huh), his actions and behaviors are sinister and crimimal, and go well beyond prank.
#3. People that make light of someone elses contributions to threads.

Ryan.. I surely hope you find your planes. No disrespect intended to anyone in this thread.... these issues just stir my anger greatly, as it does for most everyone who reads it.... it's too bad we have to read about these things... but TOTALLY understandable and acceptable to be able to post the incidents... the last time this happened the stuff was found... it's only a matter of time I believe.
Closed Thread