HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:53 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2006
566 Posts
O.K., I agree: flaming threads at 20 paces, and "Guapoman2000" is my second. Guapoman2000, may I ask that you and Gerry bring the salads so I can get my BO 209 completed!

Hey, if it's broke, don't fix it!
Dave Matison is offline Find More Posts by Dave Matison
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2007, 07:24 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Matison
O.K., I agree: flaming threads at 20 paces, and "Guapoman2000" is my second. Guapoman2000, may I ask that you and Gerry bring the salads so I can get my BO 209 completed!

Hey, if it's broke, don't fix it!
I just called Gerry and he told me if you can kindly PM him at his handle

"Simano"

and he will be glad to respond.

He will be checking his PM very soon!

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Aug 14, 2007, 07:31 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2006
566 Posts
Hm, on second thought, maybe you can actually make chicken salad....
Old Aug 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,464 Posts
Ok Ok, I don't even like chicken salad....

I'll even post a constructive question, what's the furthest back people are running their CG at, from the leading edge of the wing. Any further back than the factory rearmost CG? I'm thinking I could try to chip out some of my nose weight.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I 2nd what spinnetti posted.....I learned from experience!

Just move on.....
burkefj is online now Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pictures from KSC
Old Aug 15, 2007, 02:01 AM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2005
1,308 Posts
Looks like the dust is settling, nice to see. For a moment there I thought it was going to end in a good old fashioned Fly-off

Steve
floss is offline Find More Posts by floss
Old Aug 15, 2007, 06:36 AM
Joined Apr 2004
61 Posts
Programmable Transmitter

Hi Fokker-Pilots

I would like to ask a question regarding the aileron and rudder mixing
on programmable transmitters.

For smooth turns with my Fokker do I have to set the rudder as master and afterwards the aileron as slave with 30%? So I can still use the rudder as main control for turns? With the ailerons "following" automaticly? Or the other way round?

It is my first experience with a programmable transmitter (Futaba)...

Thank you for your input and greetings from Switzerland

Pat
plato is offline Find More Posts by plato
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:31 AM
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Sep 2002
1,565 Posts
Ailerons master, rudder slave at 30%.
I find I prefer learnign to and do input rudder manually as I turn, since it helps when landing and using rudder.
stuka is offline Find More Posts by stuka
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:47 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2006
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floss
Looks like the dust is settling, nice to see. For a moment there I thought it was going to end in a good old fashioned Fly-off

Steve
Auckland: beautiful city. Wish I were on the South Island right now at Muscle Boys eating green-lipped....

Or, maybe at the Bay of Islands!

Fly-off? I'll take the riposte-off any day!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:55 AM
Joined Apr 2004
61 Posts
Thank you Stuka

I suddenly had the urgent need for a programmable transmitter...

Because of the lack of programmable dual rates on my old futaba transmitter.

But you are right... more thumb - brain training is needed.

I will go on flying the Moth 400 and then change to the Fokker.

"Fokkerplage" over Switzerland...

Pat
plato is offline Find More Posts by plato
Old Aug 15, 2007, 03:56 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2005
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Matison
Auckland: beautiful city. Wish I were on the South Island right now at Muscle Boys eating green-lipped....

Or, maybe at the Bay of Islands!

Fly-off? I'll take the riposte-off any day!
Sounds like you've seen more of the country than I have!
Still I suppose thats usually the case, it takes visitors to really appreciate it. Hope to visit the U.S before to long, if I'm lucky work may take me there.

Steve
floss is offline Find More Posts by floss
Old Aug 15, 2007, 04:07 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Oct 2006
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floss
Sounds like you've seen more of the country than I have!
Still I suppose thats usually the case, it takes visitors to really appreciate it. Hope to visit the U.S before to long, if I'm lucky work may take me there.

Steve
On the Otigo (sp?) Penninsula, I ran into a McArthur who owned an Inn and knew his McArthur relatives in my small hometown in Mississippi!

Beautiful country, nice people.

If you come here, try to make it to Yellowstone or some of the other national parks and save the cities for last. And, maybe we will have another Fearless Leader by then.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
Well, got mine up, sort of, for the first time. Apparently had a hairline crack in the motor mount plywood piece, motor started vibrating violently as I was heading into the first turn after takeoff...lost power, stalled it...caught a wingtip while 'landing'! D'oh! Parts needed; new struts, new landing gear, new cowl...etc. I am going to also thinly sheet the bottom of the lower wing as I got main spar cracks on either side of the fuse, and the scalloped trailing edge of the lower wing cracked in several places....

If I could only find the person making $.04 an hour assembling these things, I'd have to have a laugh with them! Oh well, I think that I may see how I like it in another color....have something different than the standard issue red!

Just a word of caution to everyone, check out the main spar on the lower wing should you ever have a cartwheel, or just catch a wingtip on the way in...it's not too toughly built in there.
jweger77 is offline Find More Posts by jweger77
Old Aug 23, 2007, 06:12 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweger77
Just a word of caution to everyone, check out the main spar on the lower wing should you ever have a cartwheel, or just catch a wingtip on the way in...it's not too toughly built in there.
I have posted many several pages ago during my repairs of my Fokker DVII that I discovered that the upper wing inner strut securing holders are made of soft balsa and I went ahead and re-enforced with ply.

Also, the surface control horns are inserted and CA'ed in with the same soft balsa....I went with 5-minute epoxy and cut hardwood blocks and glued one side to the side of the horn and the other side of the hard wood to the control surface itself. ..on all control surfaces!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:30 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka
Ailerons master, rudder slave at 30%.
I find I prefer learnign to and do input rudder manually as I turn, since it helps when landing and using rudder.
I agree that manual rudder input is better but it was hard for me to get the hang of. I had a tendancy to change the throttle setting when I didn't want to. I have to admit that having rudder mixing and dual rates sure makes life easier.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:38 PM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
Thanks Carlos for the heads up on that one! I have read through the entire thread though it's easy to miss something in one this long! Is your sportster still going? Finally got mine up last week...holy flight time on the stock motor and a 4500 maH NiMh pack!

Love this little Fokker though, it's just too cool!
jweger77 is offline Find More Posts by jweger77