SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:24 PM
Edgewood, KY (Cincinnati)
Joined Jan 2004
189 Posts
Nice job on the DVII econplanar. Please let us know about any CG and control adjustments. I just picked my DVII up yesterday. It really appears to be well built. I have two planes ahead of her, but I may have to change the batting order!
Bruno Stachel is offline Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2006, 05:49 PM
I need more ceiling!!!
Okinawa, Japan
Joined May 2006
2,206 Posts
Now why would "Bruno Stachel" be interested in the D.VII? Just be sure to stay away from the D.VIII!
sting35 is offline Find More Posts by sting35
Old Nov 14, 2006, 09:37 PM
Ajutor de băgător de seamă
San Carlos, CA
Joined Mar 2004
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting35
Now why would "Bruno Stachel" be interested in the D.VII? Just be sure to stay away from the D.VIII!

Is that movie still available (e.g. to be picked up at BlockBusters)?
gigelus2k3 is offline Find More Posts by gigelus2k3
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:14 AM
zahgurim
Joined Sep 2004
244 Posts
You can purchase it @ Barnes and noble. Great movie. Looks like my DVII shipped today. I will install my AXI 221220. Looking forward to flying this one.
rperry is offline Find More Posts by rperry
Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:46 PM
Edgewood, KY (Cincinnati)
Joined Jan 2004
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting35
...Just be sure to stay away from the D.VIII!
Or all metal monoplanes.

I got my DVD copy at Barnes & Noble. My VHS copy needed a break!

Not being too experienced in choosing motors and ESC's, I just bought those recommended on the box. I'll probably control it with my Spectrum DX6.
Bruno Stachel is offline Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel
Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:58 PM
AMA 6418
New Stanton, Pa.
Joined Jan 2004
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Stachel
Or all metal monoplanes.

Not being too experienced in choosing motors and ESC's, I just bought those recommended on the box. I'll probably control it with my Spectrum DX6.
Cant go wrong with the DX6
Keith Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Keith Wilson
Old Nov 16, 2006, 09:08 PM
Mark 12:30
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Jan 2004
676 Posts
3x6mm screw to short

The big brown truck arrived today ! DR VII with recommended props and motor arrived. Started build tonite....GLITCH !!

I can't be the first to run into this...mebbe ?? No one has mentioned this , so let me be the first.....

pg.10 , step #4 for motor install....indicates to use the above mentioned screws to attach motor to motor mount...they are too short. It would be fine if you used only 1 of the 2 mounts that are to be glued together. HOWEVER , if like me you glued them together as the instructions indicate you are SOL unless you have longer screws...soooo......Whadyou guys do ?? Get longer screws ? Use only 1 of the mounts ? Somehow use the stock "metal" mount and wooden mounts ?
Big oversite if you ask me , easily fixed but the longer screws SHOULD be included in the kit or a note to indicate the need for longer screws . They obviously did not build per instructions....
TipStalled is offline Find More Posts by TipStalled
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:19 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipStalled

The big brown truck arrived today ! DR VII with recommended props and motor arrived. Started build tonite....GLITCH !!

I can't be the first to run into this...mebbe ?? No one has mentioned this , so let me be the first.....

pg.10 , step #4 for motor install....indicates to use the above mentioned screws to attach motor to motor mount...they are too short. It would be fine if you used only 1 of the 2 mounts that are to be glued together. HOWEVER , if like me you glued them together as the instructions indicate you are SOL unless you have longer screws...soooo......Whadyou guys do ?? Get longer screws ? Use only 1 of the mounts ? Somehow use the stock "metal" mount and wooden mounts ?
Big oversite if you ask me , easily fixed but the longer screws SHOULD be included in the kit or a note to indicate the need for longer screws . They obviously did not build per instructions....
I used the same screws I had on the SE5a since I just pulled the whole power system. They fit fine and I don't recall needing to find screws outside of what came with the kit or motor. But I will pull one out and measure it.

-Jon
echoplanar is online now Find More Posts by echoplanar
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:35 PM
Mark 12:30
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Jan 2004
676 Posts
3x6 clarification...

FWIW...I did find some 3x6 socket head screws and they work. Evidently the screws I thought the instructions were referring to were the ones that came on the motor since no mention of 3x6 screws were mentioned in the "items needed section". The screws on the motor are shorter than my 3x6 socket heads , perhaps Electrifly has changed the screw dimensions ??
Done for tonite , shall carry on tomorrow !!
TipStalled is offline Find More Posts by TipStalled
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:37 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,767 Posts
Glad it's working-I did use a 3x6 screw to mount the motor-the laminated mount is 3mm thick.

-Jon
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:01 AM
I need more ceiling!!!
Okinawa, Japan
Joined May 2006
2,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Stachel
Or all metal monoplanes.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Been a while since I've seen it.

Quote:
Got mine from Amazon.com
sting35 is offline Find More Posts by sting35
Old Nov 17, 2006, 02:14 AM
Ajutor de băgător de seamă
San Carlos, CA
Joined Mar 2004
734 Posts
silly question

Are the hinges that come with the package any good? It took a while to convince myself that these tiny (4mm X 8mm) pieces of plastic are, indeed, the hinges.

The cuts where they go are huuuuge, I could fit all the hinges in one. I'm just concerned that they're too narrow and will pull out easily.

Thank you,

Serban
gigelus2k3 is offline Find More Posts by gigelus2k3
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:01 AM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigelus2k3
Are the hinges that come with the package any good? It took a while to convince myself that these tiny (4mm X 8mm) pieces of plastic are, indeed, the hinges.

The cuts where they go are huuuuge, I could fit all the hinges in one. I'm just concerned that they're too narrow and will pull out easily.

Thank you,

Serban
They seem to get their strength in numbers. I haven't had a problem with them.

-Jon
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:21 PM
Ship first, Improve often
Virginia
Joined Apr 2005
5,008 Posts
I think I'll be picking one of these up. I love the scheme they have. I think I'm gonna retire my Ultimate and I'll have an E-Flite Park 400 920kv motor that I can put in here. Should be more than enough motor for this plane. Hope to pick it up next week.
L0stS0ul is offline Find More Posts by L0stS0ul
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:30 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,333 Posts
Hey now,
Those little hinges are Tyvek. They're really nifty things. I use them, albeit bigger, on my PSS models all the time and never had one fail, even at 175mph or cartwheeled landings. I wouldn't worry for a second using them on a parkie like this.
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck