HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:03 AM
USA, CT, Farmington
Joined Nov 2003
871 Posts
I just assembled the top wing and when viewed from the side, it appears to have a fair amount of negative incidence in relation to the bottom wing. Is this normal for this model? Can someone check their D-VII and see if it's the same? Thanks!

BTW....I know that on bipes, the top wing should have a little negative incidence so that it stalls after the bottom wing.
imodel is offline Find More Posts by imodel
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,874 Posts
I just looked at mine and you may be correct. I assembled mine using all the stock parts and just took what it gave me. Maiden flight and all subsequent flights have required no trim offset what so ever. Flies like a trainer with some aerobatic ability. I am enjoying it. Keep up a bit of speed on landing and be careful as it likes to nose over
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Dec 13, 2006, 02:38 PM
USA, CT, Farmington
Joined Nov 2003
871 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Gary!
imodel is offline Find More Posts by imodel
Old Dec 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,318 Posts
I'm just about ready to dull the finish on mine...I did a camo job on it with Sharpie " permanent" felt markers, and need to find something that won't make it run when I paint over top. just got to do the cowl white, rad grille black, add the radiator fill spout, exhaust pipe, cockpit coaming.. paint the LG wing lozenge, and then I can begin assembly.
Then I NEED another German WW1 model like an Albatros or an E1 or any of about twenty I can think of....Man is there any purple ointment for this disease Now my dog wants wants his own SE 5A
I need one of every kind...THEN I want one in every colour
Ron is offline Find More Posts by Ron
Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:59 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2005
1,308 Posts
Ron
Unfortunately there is no cure, what you can't buy you'll soon be scratchbuilding. You may want to stay away from others as it seems quite contagious .

Steve
floss is offline Find More Posts by floss
Old Dec 14, 2006, 01:03 AM
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,318 Posts
Steve...some partner you turned out to be ! You're no help at all

This little guy will join my DR1..EV..E111 ...D Vl..E1 ..trouble is when I built them they were all in either 1/4 scale or 1/3 scale....Ratz now I have to start a small jasta all approx 1/9 scale to go along with the D V11..then I guess I'll have to build little hangars and field tents and little trucks carrying stuff for the planes and oh ....now look at the mess you guys got me into
Old Dec 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
Electricholics Anonymous
WARREN, MICHIGAN
Joined Jul 2005
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I'm just about ready to dull the finish on mine...I did a camo job on it with Sharpie " permanent" felt markers, and need to find something that won't make it run when I paint over top. just got to do the cowl white, rad grille black, add the radiator fill spout, exhaust pipe, cockpit coaming.. paint the LG wing lozenge, and then I can begin assembly.
Then I NEED another German WW1 model like an Albatros or an E1 or any of about twenty I can think of....Man is there any purple ointment for this disease Now my dog wants wants his own SE 5A
Yeah Buddy!! Now thats what I'm talking about! My wife thinks the walls in my work shop should be padded. As steve said, there is no cure. And if you need a WW1 fix, Steve can can turn you on to some good sites with great detail pictures. I blame it all on him
Mike
claybuster is offline Find More Posts by claybuster
Old Dec 14, 2006, 01:16 PM
Electricholics Anonymous
WARREN, MICHIGAN
Joined Jul 2005
1,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Ron,
How about some pictures? Please?
Mike
claybuster is offline Find More Posts by claybuster
Old Dec 14, 2006, 04:07 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,438 Posts
Purple ointment

I think I need about a gallon of the purple ointment. I hadn't flown for about 3 years when I bought a trainer to teach my son to fly in august. Then I needed something for me, and I found out all the brushless stuff was way less expensive than I remembered.

Then I needed another radio, so got a 6xa, then I needed four more models to fill that one up. Then futaba and great planes had their rebates, so two more 6xa's and another 12 planes to fill those up, now I'm up to four 6xa's and 24 planes, plus another on the original trainer radio, a blade cx, and three parkzones, cub, furious frankie, and a vtail. Yeah, and a couple of aero-ace jet's and biplanes I keep getting rebates and discounts from tower, they are like drug dealers.

I start feeling panicky when I don't have a plane to put together in the evening. I think I've only put a few flights on each one, get it working well and trimmed and then start building the next one.

I'd really like to enjoy the planes I've got, but I can't help myself.

Frank
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Natter
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:41 PM
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,318 Posts
Mike...pictures when I start to assemble it hopefullythis weekend....

Frank...it's a terrible terrible disease...hope it ain't terminal :-)

My grand daughter has volunteered herself to sew up some tiny little tents for them to
stay under at the field...she's also looking for a snoopy for the SE 5A...figures if she gets the pilot, I'll get the plane....man.... help like that is hard to find :-)
I think she enjoys it as much as I do. " Nana" thinks we're both nutz, but we have fun at it. Taught her to fly a couple years ago, and this year it's onto some discipline in flying instead of just stirring the sticks. I gave her her first computer radio last winter along with a Lazy Bee . Amazingly, it's still in one piece after a full season.
If I had known grand kids were so much fun, I'd have had them first !
Old Dec 15, 2006, 02:00 AM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2005
1,308 Posts
Just sitting here having a chuckle at these confessions, looks like 2007 is gonna be a busy year build-wise for some. Ok here goes. I want a WW1 twin, hows that for sick

Steve
Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:45 AM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floss
Just sitting here having a chuckle at these confessions, looks like 2007 is gonna be a busy year build-wise for some. Ok here goes. I want a WW1 twin, hows that for sick

Steve
How about this one (Dulles Air & Space)
spinnetti is offline Find More Posts by spinnetti
Old Dec 15, 2006, 04:49 PM
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Sep 2005
1,308 Posts
Hey now that is cool, those engines sort've look like two Fokker eindecker front ends. What is it?
Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:30 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floss
Hey now that is cool, those engines sort've look like two Fokker eindecker front ends. What is it?
You know, I wasn't paying that close attention. I had my family with me, and they didn't allow too much lingering. I did like the look of it though. It was quite small. Note that it has to Rotary engines that are NOT contra-rotating - torque must have really been something on that bird. I have some other pictures of WWI stuff from there too. Since the engines look like Gnomes, I don't think it was German. If you go to the smithsonian site, it might tell what they are...
spinnetti is offline Find More Posts by spinnetti
Old Dec 15, 2006, 08:08 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,334 Posts
It is a Caudron C4 bomber.
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily