HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2006, 05:27 PM
I broke my kerpellor.
Salt Lake City
Joined Sep 2004
2,430 Posts
Discussion
ID on a heli head, what is this?

I've no idea what it is, does anyone know?
Artemetra is offline Find More Posts by Artemetra
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2006, 07:54 PM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
Hello Dale, I think that belongs to the fixed pitch Kyosho Hyperfly.

Chachin..
Chachin is offline Find More Posts by Chachin
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:02 PM
I broke my kerpellor.
Salt Lake City
Joined Sep 2004
2,430 Posts
Wow, that's going to get big money on eBay... (guy is selling it as a "might be" part for an Eco 8.)

Chachin, how did you know? Have you flown the Hyperfly? Does it compare well with an Ion?
Artemetra is offline Find More Posts by Artemetra
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:06 AM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
Well... I've always considered my first heli to be the Eco-8... but the truth is that before that I owned a Hyperfly (stock I might add). It was my very first introduction to rotory aircraft. This is about 11 years back when I lived in Colombia (South America).

Hey, I remember the 1st "flight." It was brand new you know and imported from the US... I was at the sticks with only R/C cars for experience. My buddy hand launches it and BAM! Rolls right into the ground... the aileron channel was reversed and that was it, broken heli. I ordered replacement parts through Tower and from there on out it was a thrasher. We crashed that thing so many times, I am still surprised that it lasted 15 flights or so. It would be nice to give it another shot for memories sake and see if I could finally fly it .

I'm positive now - that's the heart of the Hyperfly's mechanics. That assembly bolts inside the plastic fuselage. The boom, boom supports, motor and servos attach to it.

Chachin..
Chachin is offline Find More Posts by Chachin