SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2001, 11:38 AM
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,550 Posts
Swing Camera video transmission from Lite Stik

Try my 11th posting of video transmssion from the air. The full fuse Lite Stik can swing the camera forward and down.
http://www.geocities.com/ctan060301/index.html

Enjoy,
Charles

[This message has been edited by jas_Qfix (edited 06-26-2001).]
jas_Qfix is offline Find More Posts by jas_Qfix
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2001, 04:41 PM
Omnipote
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
Neat video! How did you get the plane to hoist the video camera? My friend is having troubles putting his plane on a diet.

The soundtrack on your website was the most offensive thing I have found on the internet in years. I wanted to look at the other links but I had to stop that thing as soon as I could.

David
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Old May 22, 2001, 10:31 AM
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,550 Posts
Try my 12th posting of video transmssion from the air of the Rancho San Antonio Park. The full fuse Lite Stik can now swing the movie camera forward and down. http://www.geocities.com/ctan060301/index.html
Enjoy,
Charles

[This message has been edited by jas_Qfix (edited 06-26-2001).]
Old May 22, 2001, 11:34 AM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Fantastic! Can you get a real time broadcast? Sorry, I didn't read your site. Just looked at the cool videos.

RB

Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old May 22, 2001, 11:35 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,271 Posts
Charles,

That is waaaay too funny! I watched #11 and #12. The view of the orange prop and Lite Stik wheel in the shots makes the video priceless!

Great job!
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old May 22, 2001, 12:31 PM
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,550 Posts
Thanks Greg for your comment. It is truely priceless to me.

Red Baron,
Yes it is real time video broadcast and camcorder as video recorder in my fanny pack.

#11 was put together real quick for the picnic at the park. First time I am looking at the turning wheel too. First time I launched my LS within tall dense tree. Just desperate to show off some of my e-flight gadgets.

Enjoy,
Charles
Old May 22, 2001, 12:56 PM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
Charles,

Those are some great videos! Can you give us some technical details on your camera setup?

If I had to guess it looks like an x10 self-contained camera/tranmitter with the shell stripped off, and the patch antenna replaced with a short length of wire.

What is the "normal" voltage requirements of your camera/transmitter, and what voltage do you actually use? What does the receiver look like?

So many questions!
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
Old May 22, 2001, 02:07 PM
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,550 Posts
yb2normal,

I have tried 5v-12v, 5v-9v, Best result came in from 5v-12v. Ti's PT5041N I believe.

Enjoy,
Charles
Old May 23, 2001, 01:02 AM
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,550 Posts
yb2normal,

The setup requires 12v for both Tx and Rx so I use a dc-dc converter to supply 12v. The Tx battery is drained just as fast as the motor battery. I need to find a more efficient dc-dc converter.

Have fun,
Charles
Old May 23, 2001, 01:34 AM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
Take a look around Texas Instruments website, I seem to recall seeing that they have very small, modular dc-to-dc converters in production... I'd assume the more modern ones would be most efficient. Are you using a 5-to-12 or 9-to-12v converter?

How did you determine the correct length of your new antenna on the transmitter?

Did you keep the patch antenna on the receiver?

Thanks for all your information, I'm very excited to try something similar. It's very encouraging that you've managed to loft a video system on such small planes!

yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal