HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2001, 11:48 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,299 Posts
Hobby shop in Dallas TX?

I'll be visiting Dallas in a few weeks, and was wondering if there are any hobby shops or flying fields worth visiting?

Thanks.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2001, 02:14 PM
Garland, Texas
Joined Jul 2000
339 Posts
Dont forget Wild Bill's hobby shop as well it is on shady grove road west of loop 12 in Irving he has tons of stuff and carries a lot of e stuff now. I got my lite stick there the last week for 19 dollars and bought a focus 3 fm with the micro servos for less than tower or hobby people
Rekit is offline Find More Posts by Rekit
Old May 21, 2001, 06:10 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,299 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Jim thanks for the invite, but I wont be in town until probably middle of June.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old May 22, 2001, 12:17 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,211 Posts
Hobby shop wise and e-wise, you ought to visit EAM in Lewisville, TX, a short drive up 1-35E from the western side of Dallas. His store hours are a bit odd, so check the website before you go.
http://www.eam.net

Mike's Hobby shop in Carrolton (also off I-35E, on the way to Lewisville) is worth a visit...very large and tons of stuff, with a decent amount of E-stuff.
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old May 22, 2001, 12:30 AM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,343 Posts
Those are the ideal hobby stores to visit while in the area.

If you are in town on June 9th, then you can come by my house. We have a building session on the second saturday of every month. We usually get a half dozen people or so and we have a fun night eating pizza and talking about airplanes.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Old May 22, 2001, 11:26 AM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
One stop shopping and the best staff, Mike(the owner) Gary, Bill. They really know their stuff. Mikes Hobby Shop,,,,,I've been a faithfull customer with 'em for about a year now. Good luck. Look them up for the directions, www.mikeshobbyshop.com

As for flying fields, go Hwy 80 West "outside loop 635" past Beltline road, take next exit then turn around at the light. Flying field will be on your right. While on 80 look left you can see it from the highway, they fly quarter scale, etc, you'll see some awesome aerobatics. I haven't seen them fly electric there, but if you have a few hours on the weekend to spend, it's well worth the drive. Email me if you have any questions. Cruz
cruzomatic is offline Find More Posts by cruzomatic