HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2006, 09:55 PM
Joined Jul 2006
617 Posts
Discussion
Trex Spare Parts list for crashes..

Hi guys,

I was wondering what parts would break the most from crash? I had a small crash today. I broke both main rotor holder, landing skid set, horizontal stablizer and one of the blade got chipped.

Therefore I am going to buy the parts and wants to make this list complete.
BTW, is it a good idea if I upgrade some parts partially. Let's say I may get a pair of metal main rotor holder, but rest of the head are plastic?

Any idea?
Discusman is offline Find More Posts by Discusman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2006, 10:37 PM
Aberdeen,Scotland, UK
Joined Jun 2005
1,309 Posts
Stick with cheap plastic main blade grips just now,they are probably part of the reason you dont have broken levers and arms on the head assembly,as for landing gear,i wouldnt bother getting stock replacements,find yourself some Gorilla Gear made by HeliUp,they are unbreakable and will be the last set you buy,remember and check all shafts,chipped blade i wouldnt bother risking it,wooden blades are cheap enough.Sorry to hear about your crash,doesnt sound like it was too bad , stick in there .
McDanger is offline Find More Posts by McDanger
Old Nov 05, 2006, 10:45 PM
Joined Jul 2006
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDanger
Stick with cheap plastic main blade grips just now,they are probably part of the reason you dont have broken levers and arms on the head assembly,as for landing gear,i wouldnt bother getting stock replacements,find yourself some Gorilla Gear made by HeliUp,they are unbreakable and will be the last set you buy,remember and check all shafts,chipped blade i wouldnt bother risking it,wooden blades are cheap enough.Sorry to hear about your crash,doesnt sound like it was too bad , stick in there .
Ok thanks. So I just stick with plastic for now.

What other parts should I get besides the parts I broke this morning?
Which online store would you guys recommend for Trex parts?

Thx
Old Nov 05, 2006, 10:48 PM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Spindle/feathering shafts
Main shafts
Main gears
Tail shafts
Flybars
Booms
Blades - LOTS of blades

These are good parts to have on hand.

I buy from, and have had VERY good luck with:

www.grandrc.com

www.readyheli.com

www.techmodelproducts.com

There are others, but those have things in stock, work with you and deliver.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Nov 05, 2006, 10:49 PM
Aberdeen,Scotland, UK
Joined Jun 2005
1,309 Posts
Modefos has everything you need including the Gorilla landing gear.Some spare shafts: main/feathering/tail, are always good to have around,and ofcourse spare blades main and tail,remember to keep your unchipped one from this crash,you can maybe make a pair if you have 1 survivor from your next crash,,,,,sorry to talk about your next crash already,,,but it will sadly happen .
Old Nov 05, 2006, 10:50 PM
Joined Jul 2006
617 Posts
What about the landing gear? I didn't find any info on super landing gear for Trex 450. Maybe I just going to get the stock landing gear?

Which landing gear you guys are talking about? I found several landing skids there. which one? Is that the bump resistant one?

Thanks
Last edited by Discusman; Nov 05, 2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2006, 09:09 AM
Joined Jul 2006
617 Posts
Guys,

The gorrilla landing skid set that you guys talking about. Is that the bump resistant landing skids advertized at their website?

Also what is the most popular economic blades for Trex 450? The 305mm wood blade?
Old Nov 06, 2006, 11:42 AM
Aberdeen,Scotland, UK
Joined Jun 2005
1,309 Posts
The Gorilla gear can be found at the top of this page right under the paddles,depending on where you fly,or more importantly take off and land,there is a choice of normal or low profile.
Old Nov 06, 2006, 12:35 PM
Joined Jul 2006
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDanger
The Gorilla gear can be found at the top of this page right under the paddles,depending on where you fly,or more importantly take off and land,there is a choice of normal or low profile.
I fly my heli in front of my house (pavement) and in the park where there are grass. So which version of landing skid should I get? probably the tall version?

Does the low profile skid more stable than the high profile one?

Also I see the pic shows the skids and the main body frame of the heli. Are they come together for $19?