HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2006, 03:26 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
Help!
BCX Basket Case

I assumed my 4 in 1 was bad because no matter how I hooked up the motors the rotors go the same direction. I bought a Vortex 4 in 1. I still have the same problem plus the Vortex 4 in 1 won't run my stock servos. Sweet.
If I plug the motors into the 4 in 1 the way I understood them to go the top blade goes in the right direction, but the bottom is wrong. If I switch the position of the plugs the bottom blade is correct and the top is wrong.
I can't think of a logical explaination. It shouldn't matter which side of the helicopter I put the motors on, since they should still spin the gears in opposite directions, right? It shouldn't matter if I screwed the motors in backwards from their original position bacause again, they should still turn in opposite directions. What am I missing?
Helivadude is offline Find More Posts by Helivadude
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2006, 03:43 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
I should just change my name to helivaretard. I turned the plug to the motor that was running wrong upside down and viola. Then I turned the plugs to my servos upside down and viola again. Time to see how it flies with the Vortex 4 in 1.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 04:11 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
I liked the stock 4 in 1 better.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 05:44 PM
Everyone crashes sometime
Orlando, FL and Washington D.C.
Joined May 2006
1,427 Posts
What did you find about the Vortex controller that you did not like?

Just sort of curious because mine performed fabulously and made the CX behave a lot better than with the OEM one.

Carl
quickster47 is offline Find More Posts by quickster47
Old Nov 05, 2006, 04:52 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
I found it impossible to trim the rudder. I could still control it, but not nearly as well as I can using the stock 4 in 1. I was using the stock motors with the Vortex 4 in 1. I plan to try the Vortex controller with the Vortex motors soon to see if it's any better, but frankly I can't imagine how it could be any more stable than it is now. The CF flybar was what really made all the difference. Longer battery life would be nice, but other than that it's perfect.
Last edited by Helivadude; Nov 05, 2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2006, 12:05 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helivadude
I found it impossible to trim the rudder. I could still control it, but not nearly as well as I can using the stock 4 in 1. I was using the stock motors with the Vortex 4 in 1. I plan to try the Vortex controller with the Vortex motors soon to see if it's any better, but frankly I can't imagine how it could be any more stable than it is now. The CF flybar was what really made all the difference. Longer battery life would be nice, but other than that it's perfect.
Hey helivadude
Where did you find a carbon flybar.

Thanks

Joe
xtreme is offline Find More Posts by xtreme
Old Nov 06, 2006, 02:38 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
BPHobbies.com part number VTX 002. It should be under the Vortex parts listings.
Old Nov 07, 2006, 10:25 PM
Lean is Mean
L.I. NY
Joined Dec 2003
158 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Joe
xtreme is offline Find More Posts by xtreme
Old Nov 08, 2006, 06:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
1,423 Posts
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...=NDYN202&img=l

Is this a retro-fit for the BCX? Anyone using it? Does it fit the linkage without modification?

Thanks,
Dave
cobra command is offline Find More Posts by cobra command
Old Nov 08, 2006, 12:09 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
That's the same one I got. All I had to do was replace the bottom ball link with the one from my stock flybar, Vortex balls just aren't as big. Other than that, it fits perfectly. Quickster turned me on to it, so you know it's the $#!+. I did read in one of these threads that the VTX flybar tends to come loose and slide around in the middle holder uhhh thingy, but I've not had a problem with it. Nothing a little glue won't fix if it should become an issue. It beats the crap out of trying to make sure the stock bailing wire rig is straight. I know the CF flybar is straight.
Last edited by Helivadude; Nov 08, 2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2006, 12:19 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
One more thing. I tried the Vortex motors with the Vortex 4 in 1 and didn't care for it. I could tell that I liked the Vortex motors because they were quieter and seemed more responsive, but I couldn't get the tail trimmed. I know it wasn't the proportional trimmer pot on the 4 in 1 because the trim adjustment on my TX would make the tail turn left, or right. I couldn't adjust the TX to hold her steady. I call my heli "her" because she is fun, but she nickle and dimes me to death and can be such a &!+(# for no apparent reason.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 03:13 PM
Joined Oct 2006
76 Posts
I went back to stock motors and 4 in 1 and it became increasingly uncontrollable until, after three flights, I couldn't fly it at all. Turned out the screws that hold the collar to the bottom of the inner shaft had backed out. The Vortex motors have a much stronger magnet than the BCX motors. I'm thinking the stronger magnets created vibration that caused the screws to back out. I tightened the screws and she flys almost as good as she ever has.