HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2006, 10:59 AM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
126 Posts
mike5656
Can you get at the area to mount a block for a towhook?
Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow.
Edg
raceredg is online now Find More Posts by raceredg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2006, 01:50 PM
san antonio texas
Joined Oct 2004
66 Posts
yes on the tow hook there is room but it's tight. as for wind. i live in texas you can put in a ballast tube but i have put mine up in 10 and 15 knot winds and it flys great without one. drop the flaps on landing and it comes in like its on rails. the flaps are very large. 2 and 1/2 inches. i don't use ballast but i have 3 or 4 oz of lead in the nose for trim. if you look at the starlight 3000, sharon, and the pike the wing load is about the same. our club has guys who fly those sailplanes.http://www.hotss-rc.org/what's cool is you can range way out looking for thermals because the glider is so large and still make it back.
mike5656 is offline Find More Posts by mike5656
Old Nov 06, 2006, 02:28 AM
confused heli pilot
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Mar 2004
76 Posts
Liberator,

I am not trying to knock on the strong. I just think for an extra $100 you can get alot more glider. Try hobbyclub.com
I don't own any of his models but the Onxy LT and Lazeret if I spelled it correctly are very competitve models and all molded. Check them out. Even the Fusion from NSP which I have flown is a great performing model with long legs. If the manufacturer would give detail pics and more of a discription on the built up wing I would contemplate purchasing one. If it is carbon d-box'ed under the white monocote maybe.
invrtd is offline Find More Posts by invrtd
Old Nov 06, 2006, 10:51 AM
USA, ME, Plymouth
Joined Aug 2006
271 Posts
He's right about the Onyx LT... it's awesome and reasonably priced, I love mine and won't be changing anytime soon, but still, the Strong has a versitile airfoil, great specs, should be easier to repair than a molded ship if you bust it AND it's pretty... Who says I can't look? %^)

Mike
Freakflyin is offline Find More Posts by Freakflyin
Old Nov 06, 2006, 11:50 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invrtd
.....for an extra $100 you can get alot more glider....
Carefull, the Strong had not the chance to show its potential to you. Maybe you're right, maybe not?
Jurgen.
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Nov 06, 2006, 01:28 PM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
126 Posts
One of the main reasons I bought the Strong is that it is legal at Woodie events, which I do several a year, none of the ones you mention are!
The other thing for me is that everybody has moldies and bagged airplanes, but how many have a full pedal, zoom launchable wood ship.
Edg
Old Nov 06, 2006, 02:09 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceredg
One of the main reasons I bought the Strong is that it is legal at Woodie events, which I do several a year, none of the ones you mention are!
The other thing for me is that everybody has moldies and bagged airplanes, but how many have a full pedal, zoom launchable wood ship.
Edg
Anyone that has a properly built Houston Hawk has a woodie that fears no winch... the kits are coming...

Don't get me wrong, I want one of these Dragonfly Strong models. Currently working with the Minister of Finance... negotiations are really heavy... I may be able to see her on Thursday... if the swelling around my eyes goes down some...

Jack Womack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Nov 06, 2006, 02:34 PM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
My minister of Finance was very kind to me this time. When it rains it pours though. I just got off the phone with Mark Mech ordering some new 3 meter hose monster Rubba for the highstart. He is an awesome guy too. Thats what I love about this sport, you get a chance to meet some amazing people.
Which is lucky for me because EVERYONE knows more than I.

http://www.aerofoam.com/hosemonster.html

Tom
Liberator is offline Find More Posts by Liberator
Old Nov 06, 2006, 03:40 PM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
126 Posts
I'm happier than a pig in s***!!!!!
My Dragonfly just came and I'm impressed. The fit and finish is super and its a BIG airplane.
To bad I have to wait till spring to fly it.
Pictures later.
With a big grin.
Edg
Old Nov 06, 2006, 04:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceredg
I'm happier than a pig in s***!!!!!
My Dragonfly just came and I'm impressed. The fit and finish is super and its a BIG airplane.
To bad I have to wait till spring to fly it.
Pictures later.
With a big grin.
Edg
Very Cool! My tracking says I get mine tomorrow. I am going to try and have some connectors made up so that will put me back a few weeks, but I am going to fly it before December the big Thermal Gods willing. Congrats!
Old Nov 07, 2006, 02:11 AM
confused heli pilot
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Mar 2004
76 Posts
You guys are probably right and I am not giving the model a chance. Can some one tell me if the gaps are sealed, and if It has wipers along the flaps, ailerons and rudder? I just think the manufacturer or a retailer selling this model should give some more detailed pics and a better discription of how the wing is built. Just my 2 cents.
invrtd is offline Find More Posts by invrtd
Old Nov 07, 2006, 07:47 AM
san antonio texas
Joined Oct 2004
66 Posts
yes all gaps are sealed and it has wipers on flaps ailerons and rudder. just got my 2nd one and it's candy red and white realy looks great. and everthing fits nice. wow
mike5656 is offline Find More Posts by mike5656
Old Nov 07, 2006, 11:31 AM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5656
yes all gaps are sealed and it has wipers on flaps ailerons and rudder. just got my 2nd one and it's candy red and white realy looks great. and everthing fits nice. wow
Are the undersides of the wings also white & red?
georgeg is offline Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2006, 12:39 PM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
I understand that the underside is clear. But I just checked my tracking and it says it is delivered!! So I am going to go bebop home and I'll check for ya.
Old Nov 07, 2006, 02:32 PM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
126 Posts
Mine is yelow and trans red with a yellow fuse.