HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2006, 11:19 AM
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2001
133 Posts
Edg, sounds like you'll need to bring it up to the Mars field for your test flights! Let me know how you like it,

kev
KevinSheen is offline Find More Posts by KevinSheen
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:34 PM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
125 Posts
I'm about ready to stamp my feet and throw a hissy fit. My Dragonfly didn't come today. I just got home from work and my wife was standing at the door shaking her head NO.
I'm Crushed!!
Edg
raceredg is offline Find More Posts by raceredg
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:08 PM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
Ouch sorry man, that sucks.

I won't get mine until next week, but I am buying all the stuff today. Ya gotta do something until it gets here.
Liberator is offline Find More Posts by Liberator
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:14 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceredg
I'm about ready to stamp my feet and throw a hissy fit. My Dragonfly didn't come today. I just got home from work and my wife was standing at the door shaking her head NO.
I'm Crushed!!
Edg
When I ordered my Thermal Dancer it took about a month. You gotta be patient and find some other way to relieve the tension.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 03, 2006, 05:01 PM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
125 Posts
This is the last weekend at our club field for the season. It's a county park and they're setting up the big X-mas light display.
I think I'll drag out my Raven 2K and Vampire flying wings out and play. Maybe it will sooth the disapointment of my Dragonfly not arriving.
Edg
Old Nov 04, 2006, 01:35 AM
confused heli pilot
United States, CA, Victorville
Joined Mar 2004
76 Posts
Can someone please tell me how the wing is built. Is it built up or composite or foam cored. The manufactures web page does not specify.
invrtd is offline Find More Posts by invrtd
Old Nov 04, 2006, 01:38 AM
confused heli pilot
Joined Mar 2004
76 Posts
Can someone please tell me how the wing is made. The manufatures web page does not specify. Is it built up, hollow or foam? Thanks
Old Nov 04, 2006, 04:04 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
invrtd, the manufacturer page does mention a build up construction around a carbon spar but only in the german text. Should be like the "Pro" but upgraded.
Jurgen.
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen
Old Nov 04, 2006, 07:52 AM
PITTSBURGH
Joined Jul 2002
125 Posts
Invrtd
Check out the discription Of the standard DF on the NSP site
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=3215
The DF Strong Is a stronger version with an MH32 and a little different tail.
Edg
Old Nov 04, 2006, 07:13 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
Appears that if you want about the same glider but in molded form you have to upgrade to the Volcano... I asked Bob about just a fuselage but didn't get a response on that one. I was thinking of some Houston Hawk wings and ... oh well... never mind... that's what I get for thinking!

Jack Womack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Nov 04, 2006, 09:53 PM
confused heli pilot
Joined Mar 2004
76 Posts
Thanks for the update on the built up wing. I am not going to buy one now. I do not think I should be paying $500-600 for a built up wing even if it has a carbon spar. Maybe if it were carbon d-tubed with carbon caps. Nesail has several bagged wing gliders in the price range that are worth that kind of money. I am sure it is a nice model and flies great too but I want my money's worth.
Old Nov 05, 2006, 07:43 AM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
Well the flip side to that invrtd is that you have to actually be able to get the product you want. Don't be suprised if you have to wait two months. Also you think you can get a composite wing with this span and this airfoil for the same price? Please let me know which plane your looking at, all the stuff I have seen thats worth having is in the $1200 to $1500 range. But hey good luck.
Liberator is offline Find More Posts by Liberator
Old Nov 05, 2006, 07:57 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
My Houston Hawks are built up with a carbon spar... They can be just as formidable as a moldie.

Jack Womack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Nov 05, 2006, 08:35 AM
san antonio texas
Joined Oct 2004
66 Posts
you guys need to check the Wing loading on the Volcano. sure its got a big wing but its wing loading is real high 50,7 g/dm2 next th the Dragonfly Strong whitch is only 29,4 g/dm2 . that's why i did not buy one. (jack i have 3 of your hawks, one is for my son-in-law)they are great. but i like the way the dragonfly hangs in light lift. and i can stand on the wench for a big zoom. the wing on the Dragonfly does not flex. it's just one cool sailplane. one thing everone needs to know it does not come with a tow hook. hope this helps.
mike5656 is offline Find More Posts by mike5656
Old Nov 05, 2006, 09:24 AM
Europe - Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
1,521 Posts
How does the Dragonfly Strong deal with wind? MH32 should do the trick, is the plane factory foreseen to use ballast?
Jurgen.
Jurgen is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen