HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:27 PM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
Grats!!

Glad to hear it's flying well for you.

I am going to sell mine to go in a different direction.

If anyone needs a great plane ready to fly let me know.

$750.00 plus shipping includes everything except the crystal.
I'll even throw that in if you can use channel 14.

Tom
Liberator is offline Find More Posts by Liberator
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:12 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,936 Posts
I've now had the opportunity to fly the D'fly Strng a few times in 10 to 12 knot breezes, which she is much, much happier in! I've warmed a lot to her now, getting to know her better reaps great rewards!

This was taken when I was last out on Sunday, at Glenbeigh just off the Ring of Kerry. The Dragonfly is on the ground in the foreground - my pal tried to take a pic similar to this with me flying it, but kept missing the plane! Down below is Rossbeigh beach, and the spit of Inch Strand dunes on the other side, jutting out from the Dingle Peninsula. Another boring day in paradise .

Chris
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:16 AM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
Wow Chris..that looks like rough duty.

I am in Egypt this year for the international trip but next year we may be in your neck of the woods. If I am you can bet I will come and see that site for sure.

Tom
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:45 AM
-----
Joined Dec 2005
6,936 Posts
Give me a PM, Tom, we've got a guest room all waiting!

Chris
Old Aug 29, 2007, 01:45 PM
Lexington, KY
Joined Jul 2003
163 Posts
dragonfly S

NIce pics Chris. Looks like you have a very nice site.
Flew mine in the Mid-Am contest in Louisville, KY this past weekend, after I damaged my Escape. It hangs with all those moldies without a problem as long as one gets a decent launch.
Cheers
AJ
ajbhatta is offline Find More Posts by ajbhatta
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:37 AM
Joined Apr 2006
243 Posts
Ok the mind is made up....

It looks likes its time to go full mouldie so I have decided to sell the Dragonfly.
To be clear there is nothing wrong with the plane and I still feel it is a great way to get into a full house that will hang with the big guys for a lot less money, I just need cash to step into the next level.

If you have any interest please send me a PM and we can talk. Plane is ready to fly and includes all the components.

$750.00 OBO plus shipping It has a couple of small cover pops that are taped over due to some stiff weeds popping through on undeveloped landing sites (The Little Saraha Sand Dunes in central Utah) But other than that the covering is tight and the plane is in great shape, never been crashed or even landed hard.

Good lift all!!

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2007, 05:51 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,780 Posts
Well, I was second at Amarillo in Unlimited with my Dragonfly Strong today. Won RES with my Hawk. I would have done better with the DFS but the wind was howling and I launched into terrible sink, once.

Mine's for sale. too... $700-- with servos, battery, and wiring, (no receiver)... or $550-- without electronics/wiring... or $350-- for the wings with servos... or $250 for the wings without servos/wiring... you pay shipping.

I love this fuselage. I will be building one similar with a different root airfoil in the near future... hence the wings for sale...

Jack Womack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Sep 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
san antonio texas
Joined Oct 2004
66 Posts
something amazing happen last week with my dragonfly. after coming off the tow line from the winch the line wrapped around the tail. I had no control. the dragonfly was flopping around like a big fish on the line. then about 50 feet from the ground it went down nose first. it hit nose first just as perfect as an arrow. I had dropped the flaps just before it hit to slow it down as much as I could. we found the winch line wrapped around the tail 5 or 6 times that's why I had no control. it hit with an terrible bang. it hit so hard the wing tips that are glued on broke off. damage to the sailplane ????. NONE all I had to do was glue the tips on and go back to flying. the F3J sailplanes are TOUGH
mike5656 is offline Find More Posts by mike5656
Old Oct 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,780 Posts
T N T

Was third with my DF Strong today at T N T in Dallas, against Supras, Pikes, etc... all the usual players.

Jack Womack
Old Oct 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,780 Posts
OOPS... Forgot to mention, I am now eligible for an "I Beat Gordy" button...
Old Oct 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,859 Posts
But Gordy was tired and didn't get much sleep and and and.

Good job Schrederman
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Oct 14, 2007, 06:01 AM
-----
Joined Dec 2005
6,936 Posts
Great result !

Mine is still in bits, awaiting repair .

(Mike, I'm sures she's really strong, but I dived into solid rock from inverted - dumb thumbs moment. Wouldn't expect anything to escape that unscathed...)

Chris
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
Lexington, KY
Joined Jul 2003
163 Posts
Dragonfly S

And to think Gordy called this a "garbage" sailplane. Way to go!!
AJ
BSS
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:01 AM
Lexington, KY
Joined Jul 2003
163 Posts
Dragonfly Strong

Hi guys: Just got my second 1 hour LSF IV flight with the Dragonfly S. I attached a profile for the flight. By the way Gordy wishes everyone he flies against would buy a Dragonfly S. so that he could win every time!

Cheers
AJ
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
In the lift zone...
Austin, Texas
Joined Mar 2006
452 Posts
Congratulations again, Jack!! I watched several of your flights including some of your low level scratching over the downwind trees, and you were absolutely in the groove.... Way to go!

AJ - Congratulations on your one hour flight! Nice save early, and it looks like you definitely hit several good lift cycles the rest of the time! Very impressive!!

John.
jfreeman is offline Find More Posts by jfreeman