Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 02, 2006, 09:34 AM
Toledo, Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
1,101 Posts
Discussion
Anyone with a Scram-Blur,Frenzee, Goliath or Prodigy(or X-22 ?)

Hello everyone, I'm Luke from www.sylvanaircraft.com and I would Love to see all of our wings out there. So if you have a Frenzee,Scram-blur or a Goliath I would like it if you could put some pics up on this thread and if you have any personal comments.

Thanks,Luke

www.sylvanaircraft.com
sylair is offline Find More Posts by sylair
Last edited by sylair; Apr 11, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2006, 11:21 AM
USA, TX, Live Oak
Joined Oct 2002
679 Posts
Finally found the right place to post this picture! Recently completed, only change is an alum prop adapter.
ptglass is offline Find More Posts by ptglass
Old Nov 02, 2006, 04:20 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Here's a scram!!!

I've already been through three lipos on this one and she's still going strong
on the second motor with a 4x4 prop!!! Bunch of fun for the $$$ you pay.

B
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Nov 02, 2006, 04:37 PM
leave nitro and go gas!!!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jan 2004
362 Posts
I have the Frenzee and it is by far my favorite plane to fly. Flies like its on rails and will slow down very nicely when you want it too. This kit is $35.00 and well worth every penny.

I recently picked up the 16" Goliath and am in the process of getting that flying. I had about 10 minutes the other day when it wasn't way too windy or raining to test it out but ran out of time. Still need to get the cg adjusted better and trim it out. It looks VERY promising so far and I'm sure it is going to be an awesome little wing. I am asking my wife for the Sceam-Blur for Christmas so I will have their whole fleet.

I will try and get a pic of my Frenzee up later tonight. I'll have to post a pic of my Goliath later, its not finished quite yet, need to add some finishing touches to it still.
amitysanimal is offline Find More Posts by amitysanimal
Old Nov 03, 2006, 12:47 AM
db1
don betz
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2004
571 Posts
My second plane ever was a Frenzee. It was the old pink foam cores. That poor thing is beat to heck but still flies better than most new ones. Fast, agile and slows down to a crawl. Since then I've had way too many planes to mention including a very light brushless Goliath. I kept trying to fly it with TP 730 2S packs and was not all that impressed. It was fast but not all that much fun to fly. Then I got some 2S and 3S 350 packs and WOW the lighter weight made all the difference in the world! I was flying the heck out of that one until I hit the top bar on a chain link fence at 65+ MPH It is hurt but will fly again once I get a few other projects off of the bench.

I just bought a new Frenzee kit with the CDR and the Scramblur w/
CDR. I'll post pictures of them when I get them built. Hopefully soon!

db
db1 is offline Find More Posts by db1
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:38 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
719 Posts
I do love my Frenzee and Goliath.
Little but great flyers.
I am also satisfied with the excellent service of Sylvan Aircraft.

BTW, how do you launch your wings?
I grab left wing leading edge with my left hand, power on and throw them
by frisbee style. Easy and stable launch is possible at a bit windy conditions.

#We Japanese use mode 1 tx: throttle and aileron control on right stick.

Please check flight movie on my Frenzee page.

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~sakazaki/...e/index-e.html
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~sakazaki/...h/index-e.html
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cvlex; Nov 03, 2006 at 08:53 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:46 PM
USA, TX, Live Oak
Joined Oct 2002
679 Posts
Osamu-san: I lived in Yokohama near Yamashita-cho for 3 years. I was a US Navy dentist in charge of a small dental clinic in Negishi-dai. BTW, my wife is a Japanese native from Nagasaki.

I enjoyed your page on the Frenzee. Your tip with the carbon fiber reinforcement for the control rods is great. I intend to use that mod since I too am concerned about flexing of those thin wires.

I noticed that you also own a Mini SpeedWing EX and wonder how you like it? I'm seriously considering getting one of those also.

I wanted to watch your movie, but couldn't because the server is too slow. I recommend that you move it to "You tube."

I think it's great that Japanese modelers like yourself are flying the Frenzee! Thanks for posting on RC Groups and I hope you continue with more posts in the future!
Last edited by ptglass; Nov 03, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 12:32 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptglass
I wanted to watch your movie, but couldn't because the server is too slow. I recommend that you move it to "You tube."
Please save the file on your HD and play.
I put the movie to YouTube.

Frenzee flying (1 min 35 sec)

Discussion about MSW-EX might be off-topic here so I wish to send PM to you soon.

#If your computer is able to display Japanese Kanji, please check my Japanese
# page. There are some comments in Japanese, ask your wife to translate
# into English:-)

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~sakazaki/...-ex/index.html

cvlex
cvlex is offline Find More Posts by cvlex
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cvlex; Nov 04, 2006 at 05:11 AM.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 10:54 AM
USA, TX, Live Oak
Joined Oct 2002
679 Posts
The movie works fine on "YouTube." Thanks for posting it there. I flew mine again yesterday and mine flys like yours except for 2 things. I'm using a JR R610UL receiver and it glitches - very annoying. Unfortunately, since I buried it in the foam and the antenna is taped over, I probably won't change it out and just put up with it. Needless to say I won't be buying anymore of them in the future. I've found the JR 700's to be fine, but they are a little large. I'm trying out one of the new CC Berg receivers on my next one.

Also, in turns, mine sort of "wags." I think the "waging" is due to the thin pushrods bending so I'm going to use your carbon fiber rod mod to make them more rigid. I'll take a look at your Japanese page later when my wife is home.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
leave nitro and go gas!!!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jan 2004
362 Posts
Frenzee pics

Well, here are a few pics of my beloved Frenzee. Should have pics of my Goliath soon.
amitysanimal is offline Find More Posts by amitysanimal
Old Nov 17, 2006, 08:32 PM
USA, TX, Live Oak
Joined Oct 2002
679 Posts
I got rid of the glitches and the wagging. I used the mod from cvlex on the push rods. That is, I added a carbon fiber rod to each pushrod. Now they are very stiff and the control is solid. I got rid of the glitching by adding 2 more capacitors to the motor. I also moved the battery pack back about 1/8". It flew great today except I almost lost it.

I was flying by myself at our club field and was flying over some tall grass when I lost it - dumb thumbs. The grass is not mowed there and pretty tall. I tried to make a mental note of where it made it's unscheduled landing and I walked out there thinking I would easily find it. Wrong! I looked for that thing for almost 3 hours in the tall grass and couldn't find it. It was getting dark and I was almost ready to give up, but since it was very quiet out there I grabbed the transmitter and went back out there. The servos I have on it are Cirrus and they are real noisy. I started flipping the transmitter on and off and listening. I thought I heard something in the distance but wasn't sure. I keep walking toward the sound and after about 5 minutes I found it. It wasn't at all where I thought it would be. It was undamaged lying upside down in the grass. I was exhausted from walking for almost 3 hours in high grass trying to find it. I think I'm going to put a small buzzer on it before I fly it again! I don't want to ever do that again!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:10 PM
maui, HI
Joined Apr 2006
54 Posts
hello im looking to get a goliath and was wandering what type of esc to use
thanks
mauiflyer is offline Find More Posts by mauiflyer
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:15 PM
Toledo, Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
1,101 Posts
Maui-With the stock edp motor that comes with the kit all you will need is a 5amp esc.
Thanks,Luke
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:23 PM
maui, HI
Joined Apr 2006
54 Posts
who might make one since i could not find one they recomended
thanks
mauiflyer is offline Find More Posts by mauiflyer
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
Toledo, Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
1,101 Posts
go to www.balsapr.com and look under brushed esc's and I would go with a gws or blue bird I think there under $10 I think.
Thanks,Luke
www.sylvanaircraft.com