Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 01, 2006, 03:26 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
Discussion
Mini cx heli, this one works!!!

Ok among the horde of helis i have i had to get this little guy. Its a small cx heli i got off E%#y cost me $40.50 shipped. I received today,opened the package,charged it up and was very pleased. The tx is in mode 2 also!!! Of course the controls were a little off so I cut the sticker in the front of the tx and adjusted the pots. This little guy has great fast forward motion.
1.thottle
2.motor
3.tail
4.motor
Now it flies great!!! And of course theres a little lipo inside,and the heli has a blinking light on top of the canopy.
helifann is offline Find More Posts by helifann
Last edited by helifann; Nov 01, 2006 at 04:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2006, 04:15 PM
Zlin Flier
Ventura CA
Joined Dec 2003
459 Posts
Cute little helicopter. What is the brand, model and Ebay store? You should probably post in the multirotor forum.
Rick McWilliams is offline Find More Posts by Rick McWilliams
Old Nov 01, 2006, 04:46 PM
Max
Joined Jul 2006
408 Posts
Wow that's a good price ! How much does it weigh ?
msurguy is offline Find More Posts by msurguy
Old Nov 01, 2006, 05:38 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
Shoot i shouldve probably put this thread there but its an indoor,here the Ebay store i got it from jaidie-minirctoy and http://store.grandhobby.com/newitems1.html has them too(says spare parts available)This heli has great ff an back motion!!!
Old Nov 01, 2006, 08:27 PM
Joined Aug 2006
216 Posts
I would love to see a video of this helicopter in action before buying one.
JoJa15 is offline Find More Posts by JoJa15
Old Nov 01, 2006, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
Sure I'll get one up!!!
Old Nov 01, 2006, 10:33 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,046 Posts
I just ordered one before I read this

I just ordered one from Raidentech. About $50 shipped. I too, am a sucker for these. I've been working on my Micron CX and it's a real bugger to set up. Just like the Micron and Micron 2. I'm afraid that for simple indoor playing, these $50 and under helis are the way to go.

By the way. It looks like it has a 2-motor setup so we get yaw, throttle and fwd/reverse with the tail motor.

Is this correct. I guess it'll be about 10 days before mine gets here. Yes, let's see video
Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Nov 01, 2006, 10:47 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
Yes thats right,two motors and a motor on the tail for forward and reverse.This little guy is a blast. Great for indoors,i am gonna try outside right now. Crap was flying outside and i threw a flybar weight,crap,no biggie i just made a new one out of plumbers putty will video tommorow when it cures. Im kicking myself because it was loose and instead of gluing on i just pushed it back on,my fault.
Last edited by helifann; Nov 01, 2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 12:54 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,038 Posts
any updates/videos on this little guy? it looks like a cross between a SpinBlade and a BladeRunner. looks interesting. do you know what size motors it uses?

nick
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Nov 03, 2006, 01:32 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
As soon as i get somene to video "ill post one. Its kinda like the spin blade or blade runner,but there are no cf rings around the blades,it has a weighted sabilizer bar. Its a bit smaller too. I guess with bearing replacement on some points the thing could really kick butt!!! But it flies nice stock.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 11:12 AM
Joined Dec 2005
174 Posts
That heli looks like a next gen Dragonfly King/Airlark.
http://www.raidentech.com/wh12drkicorc.html for the original.
Interesting development.
Any more info?
Thanks.
nolan_griffiths is offline Find More Posts by nolan_griffiths
Old Nov 06, 2006, 11:06 AM
Joined Apr 2001
372 Posts
Heli

Helifann, does the heli have a seperate charger or is it built into the TX. Flyboy
Flyboy70 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy70
Old Nov 07, 2006, 12:28 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,046 Posts
Mini Hybrid...the best money I ever spent

I just got my Mini Hybrid from Raidentech, and it's the best money that I've ever spent. It's about the size of the small blade runner clones, but it has rotors like the spinblade. rotor span is 9 inches.

3 channel: throttle, yaw, fwd/reverse
Contra rotating blades
proportional throttle
proportional yaw for turns
proportional tail motor for fwd/rear
flexible rotors

it is constructed much better than most Chinese "toys" that I've got (and I've probably got them all). The tail truss is a flexible plastic, so it won't snap off.

I charged the batteries and started flying. It has a pretty nasty right yaw that even the trim won't take out. I lubed all of the bearing (plastic and bronze) points and this helped a little. Next, I'll do some blade twisting to equal it out.

Flying!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It flies better than anything I've ever owned. Even though I had to hold left yaw, I was able to fly all over our den (about 10' by 20' at very fast fwd speed. Even though it has only yaw, the turns seemed to have a little aileron cyclic as it banked a little. I did all sorts of figure 8's etc. It also does very nice piros and doesn't show any toilet bowl symptoms. It has plenty of fwd, and when full fwd, it doesn't even do the nose-up stall.

BOTTOM LINE: It is better for indoors than even my $300 Hirobo XRB. I like it so much, I'm going to order another one or two.

I'm finishing up my Micron CX which flies, but needs some work, and also finishing my Pixy, but this little $50 (including shipping) toy will definitely be my hobby room flyer. I'll try it outside this evening.

TRY IT...YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!!!
(sorry, I don't have a video, but trust me..you'll like it)

*DISCLAIMER: I accept no responsibility should you get a bad one as we all know that QUALITY CONTROL is not a term used in the Chinese toy market)

Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Nov 07, 2006, 12:39 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,308 Posts
To fix the yaw problem,the pots are in the tx,you must cut away the sticker in the fromt. You will see four screws,the 1st on mine is throttle,the second is the left "yaw" the third is the tail and the last the right "yaw" If your heli is spinning left adjust the 4th screw clockwise a little at a time,and opposite for the other direction. Also make sure the metal bullets on the stabilizer bar are glued on good as i had one of mine fly off,but i fixed it. Yea these guys are a real blast if you get a working one!!!
Old Nov 07, 2006, 12:51 PM
Zlin Flier
Ventura CA
Joined Dec 2003
459 Posts
I have been flying a MAW mini coaxial helicopter. It flies remarkably well. The quality is low. You will need to fix something. Mine had the canopy well frosted with by CA, both pinions did not align with the gears, and the lower rotor thrust bushing would slide out of place. It is cute, and the multicolor LED blinks in totally meaningless ways.
Rick McWilliams is offline Find More Posts by Rick McWilliams