SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:56 PM
Rye, NY
Joined Mar 2006
165 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Discussion
RC Wars Ep.IV "A New Hope" was:(Keep an eye out for Ctoms)

*edit* things seem to be heading in the right direction now.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582760

I wasnt toooo worried until I found this thread at RR
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t293527p1/
Helder22 is offline Find More Posts by Helder22
Last edited by Helder22; Nov 02, 2006 at 06:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:12 PM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,547 Posts
Trader Rating: 1146
Oh man, hit and run and bit time.
How did you pay him??

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:16 PM
Rye, NY
Joined Mar 2006
165 Posts
I payed him by paypal. Im sure he got the money out of his paypal account already tho because he told me so, so paypal wont reimburse me if I ask them to . He told me that he would only ship te radioafter he was abe to withdraw the cash from paypal to his bank account.

From a pm to me:

9c shipped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No reason to be worried and I appologize for the delay. The problem was indeed on my end. I was trying to transfer the cash to a closed bank account so the money dissapered for a short time but is back now and all is good. I should be able to ship the radio today. I am working out of town today but should be back in time. If I am unable to get it done today I will try and have my wife do it.

Thanks for understanding and I appologize for the delay I know how it is waiting for a new toy. I may have been lacking in this transaction but you can trust me, I am an honest person. One of a select few these days it seems.

Thanks agian
Charlie

-----------------------------------------------------------------
In this pM he sounds very legit, and lways gave tha impression, but after seeing that thread on R im very worried. Hes been an active member here for so long tho , thats what I dont understand.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:00 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helder22
Hes been an active member here for so long tho , thats what I dont understand.
Tell me about it, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586193

I hope you get your money back. If all else fails consider calling the police in his area to go a knockin' on his door. Fraud isnt taken too lightly

Best of luck with it!

Joel
P-38J-Lightning is offline Find More Posts by P-38J-Lightning
Last edited by P-38J-Lightning; Oct 31, 2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:08 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined May 2004
2,641 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Look at all his "for sale" threads and only one trader rating? I normally check before buying and I would have been very suspicious.
Kwok_Yu is offline Find More Posts by Kwok_Yu
Old Nov 01, 2006, 12:46 AM
RC Dans
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
Helder22, I really hope this works out for you

I hate to see people scammed.

Its not a nice feeling... Keep us updated.
Noto is offline Find More Posts by Noto
Old Nov 01, 2006, 01:34 AM
Joined Sep 2005
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwok_Yu
Look at all his "for sale" threads and only one trader rating? I normally check before buying and I would have been very suspicious.
The trader rating can't tell you anything, my trader rating is zero, but I'm not a con,although I have had some successful trades
ELERC is offline Find More Posts by ELERC
Old Nov 01, 2006, 01:53 AM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,547 Posts
Trader Rating: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELERC
The trader rating can't tell you anything
You've got to be kidding. I can't disagree more.
Trader rating can tell you everything

Everybody has to start at 0 (I did), but what comes after that is very important info...

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2006, 10:31 AM
RC Dans
Round Rock, Tx
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
/agree trader ratings are VERY important to tell you who is good or bad...

When dealing with a 0-2 trader tho its kinda a gamble. Everyone starts with a zero and most are not scammers but, extra care should be taken with low feedback people.... Shouldn't assume they are scammers but also shouldn't readily throw money at them with without having some recourse if things don't go well.

my 2 copper
Noto is offline Find More Posts by Noto
Old Nov 01, 2006, 11:35 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I bought an esc for 145$ from Charlie (CTOMS). usually shipping takes 4-6 days. waited for 3 weeks and after numerous pm's and e-mails got a very polite reply (which resembles the reply "Helder22" received). basically he said that the package was returned to him and he sent it again and he deeply apologizes for it being a very honest man and all. well, it has been 5 weeks now since I paid him and guess what, no esc
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Last edited by oded mazor; Nov 02, 2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2006, 02:34 PM
Maryland, USA
Joined May 2004
2,641 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELERC
The trader rating can't tell you anything, my trader rating is zero, but I'm not a con,although I have had some successful trades
I can't agree with you either. So you just blindly trade with anyone? First I look at the obvious, like post count and reg date. I guess post count doesn't mean anything either? Well, if a person is a solid member of this community then he can be trusted. I tell you what, another good sign is a location and people using their real name. Too bad the trader rating isn't displayed like the post count. So then I look at the trader rating. Not just the number, but how times the person was a seller. I mean its harder to be a bad buyer, since money changes hands first. Then I quickly scan the persons posts. You can find out alot about a person and his interest this way. I do this all the time, not just when checking traders. Sometime you will even find info on the item from past post, like when it was bought and if it was damaged. If that info conflicts with the info in the ad then beware. One time someone was selling a Futaba 9c, if I remember right. The ad said the radio was a month old, but you can trace his post where he ask for info and finally bougth it. He started a whole thread proclaiming he bought the radio. It was more like a year old. When I asked him about it, he said he had to check his reciept and the listing just went away.

I hope this works out for everyone. Don't get me wrong. I am not blaming the buyer here. This might just turn out to be an expensive lesson. Hind sight being 20/20, but this guy has started 44 "for sale" threads and only has one trader rating. And that one rating talks about "minor shipping setback". I do very little buying and selling and I have a decent # of ratings. I don't intend to label anyone a con, but that doesn't mean I will do business with just anyone.

-Kwok
Kwok_Yu is offline Find More Posts by Kwok_Yu
Old Nov 01, 2006, 03:40 PM
SCAMMERS WELCOME!!!!!!!!!
Kent, WA
Joined Dec 2003
2,797 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
CTOMS sounds like a scammer to me. I would say it is highly unlikely that you'll be getting your ESC. I would refund the money if you hadn't recieved it and I'm sure Brian would have as well. of course that assumes you have a high post count and trader feedback because buyers can scam too, although that is much more rare!!! good luck though I hope you get it figured out.
trashmanf is offline Find More Posts by trashmanf
Old Nov 01, 2006, 04:57 PM
Niles, MI
Joined Jan 2005
501 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
it looks like he is from madison wisconsin....i will be in madison on friday until sat evening of this weekend...for the wisconsin game...go lions anyway if you can get something worked out i would gladly pick it up for you and mail it if he has some problem with shipping...pm me to let me know if i can help

jared
jarvis2542 is offline Find More Posts by jarvis2542
Old Nov 01, 2006, 05:07 PM
Rye, NY
Joined Mar 2006
165 Posts
Thanks for the offer Jared. Ill let you know if i need it. It looks like everything is heading in the right direction now. ( or so I hope)

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t293527p2/
Old Nov 01, 2006, 06:07 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Hope it all works out, and the guy isn't a scammer. Usualyy, the 1st people scammed are the scammer's friends. And I disagree with the comment about Trader Ratings being of little or no value. They are of immense value to me, at any rate.
Good luck,
BS
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Closed Thread