HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2006, 11:00 PM
rc transports rule!
new brunswick canada
Joined Jul 2002
1,301 Posts
that's one reason that i'm not in the earlybird
the cost is higher than sitting and waiting forever to get it at the normal price
good thing i'm patient
i expect the P-38 to only be here next year
derailed is offline Find More Posts by derailed
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2006, 11:04 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
I've been told by boss that the first version of P-40 would be Formosa I size, slightly bigger than GWS P-51D or Spitfire.

Chen
SUPER! Bring it on!

BTW, I've not jumed in on any of the early bird offerings because of the exhorbitant shipping costs! Quite honestly, I think the early birds are performing a valuable service to GWS in the things they find, modify, and report here. GWS would be wise to eat some or most of the shipping costs in return for services rendered IMHO You might want to limit the number of kits offered in this way, but it's only fair considering they often have incomplete documentation and have to improvise.

Keep the new kits coming!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 02, 2006, 11:23 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,699 Posts
Yeah, that was my thinking too. If we are paying the shipping premium, I think we should at least get them at dealer cost, and not full retail. Heck, even the NPS GWS-38 can be had for $45.

We are doing GWS a service, and we should be compensated at least a little. I'll most likely skip this one, but I am still eyeing the U-2 or A-4.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Nov 02, 2006, 11:38 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Yeah, I forsee GWS losing many dedicated earlybirds because of the high premiums. There has to be a way to give a slightly discounted price for all the feedback and bug testing many of the earlybirds do.

Good suggestion, but we'll see how GWS responds.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Nov 03, 2006, 12:15 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze.45
Yeah, I forsee GWS losing many dedicated earlybirds because of the high premiums. There has to be a way to give a slightly discounted price for all the feedback and bug testing many of the earlybirds do.

Good suggestion, but we'll see how GWS responds.

-Chris

I totally agree. Also, do they send the decals to us when they become available? If not, then it is a bum deal.

Do you hear that, Mr. Chen?

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Nov 03, 2006, 12:22 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Well I'm not bashing on them, I am just stating my concern. I really don't care too much about the decals if it saves me $10 or more if a discount is given.

Chen does a good job here, they are the ones who pass our words onto Mr. Lin.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Nov 03, 2006, 12:28 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,699 Posts
Same here, not bashing, just think we shouldn't have to pay full retail for a first run, incomplete kit (GWS-38 did not have a manual). I made the same comments on my GWS-38 build thread.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Nov 03, 2006, 01:56 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,352 Posts
Hello Guys,

I also ordered the EDF64-300H Version today. I will start with it and than I think about to upgrade it to brushless About the decals I hope also that GWS provide us earlybirdmembers with them as soon as the are aviable In other case I will paint it (much work but looking in a perfect scale way ). If the Slopgliderversion is aviable in the LHS's I am sure I will buy one and I plan to make my own nacelles (more scale like) and spent them some Wemotec EDF's

Greetings from vienna

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Old Nov 03, 2006, 02:24 AM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,965 Posts
I think I might pass on this early bird. Did the math and realized what it's going to cost to do brushless power on the 262. Just finished a P-38 and am converting it to brushless (and watching $$$ fly out of my pocket doing it )

Will sleep on it tonight and decide tomorrow
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:45 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I'm with others here. Expecting the earlybirds to pay the full price for an incomplete beta version of the kit which is actually helping GWS to iron out any problems seems a bit rich for a man even for a man with the outstanding optimism of Mr Lin. Not for me thanks, I'll wait. Unfortunately I think there are enough "must have at any cost" guys that Mr Lin will get away with this gentle rip-off.

As it happens I also think that GWS has made a mistake in selecting a size of fan that requires obviously non scale nacelles. It would have been perfectly possible with todays b/l and lipo technology to have got excellent performance out of 55's. I hope GWS come up with an optional set of smaller nacelles for those of us who would prefer to fit b/l EDF55's.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Nov 03, 2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:52 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
As it happens I also think that GWS has made a mistake in selecting a size of fan that requires obviously non scale nacelles. It would have been perfectly possible with todays b/l and lipo technology to have got excellent performance out of 55's. I hope GWS come up with an optional set of smaller nacelles for those of us who would prefer to fit b/l EDF55's.
And the modellers who don't want to go brushless shouldn't get the chance to fly that wonderful model

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Old Nov 03, 2006, 06:11 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Rudi I'm only suggesting buyers are offered a choice. THe stock kit could include the big nacelles but I'd like to be able to buy smaller (more scale) ones for either EDF 55 or for PSS
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Nov 03, 2006, 06:31 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Hi Friends,

I'll try to keep boss well informed of your words.

The manual in English will be published on GWS web site or this site as soon as possible.

I've today discussed the decal issue with Ray and another colleagues. Probably, the Me-109 one would be used instead if
it is in a hurry.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Nov 03, 2006, 07:12 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,762 Posts
Ray & Chen, are you saying the video was of the 262 with the 3900Kv motor on the GWS batteries, and it was producing around 550g thrust sustained with 630 grams thrust initial peak??

If so then the airframe is quite slippery huh! Imagine what it will do with the EDF64 setup I sell for the Su27 flanker in Australia, 850 grams thrust at 30 amps using one 3s2200 20c battery!!

OR, my testing of the GWS motor on 4 cells was giving 600 grams thrust PER FAN at 17 amps, so 32 amps sagged, 4s2200 20c, and around 1.1kg thrust!! Additional weight to the plane maybe 100 grams max in battery...

This will be fun!
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:50 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
Ray & Chen, are you saying the video was of the 262 with the 3900Kv motor on the GWS batteries, and it was producing around 550g thrust sustained with 630 grams thrust initial peak??

If so then the airframe is quite slippery huh! Imagine what it will do with the EDF64 setup I sell for the Su27 flanker in Australia, 850 grams thrust at 30 amps using one 3s2200 20c battery!!

OR, my testing of the GWS motor on 4 cells was giving 600 grams thrust PER FAN at 17 amps, so 32 amps sagged, 4s2200 20c, and around 1.1kg thrust!! Additional weight to the plane maybe 100 grams max in battery...

This will be fun!

How much do you charge for an EDF55 and a EDF64? I think it would be great for another project I am about to start on.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm